09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...If Joe Haden is never a premier corner in the L,I'll remember to come back to remind ya'll.
laugh.gif

And I know damn well Mike will be right there with me.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT:� Just for %++!@ and giggles, Gunna, you still think Cinci still had more TALENT than ND?

Haden is the goods. He has little experience at corner. He was recruited as a WR and moved to CB never playing the position before.

The growth he had from last year to this year was crazy. He will only get better with NFL coaching.

Dude is the goods, very physical, good size and an athletic freak. After the combine no doubt he goes to 10.

laugh.gif

do me a favor, put into words why u think Haden isnt good, not just he's overhyped or he's around your same age...

and give me some examples of things you've seen when he plays that would make me believe he is not a top flight college CB right now

Haden has looked solid since his frosh year. Not ideal height but is strong, has hips that swivel in coverage, quicks and make up speed, plus his ability tomake plays on the ball are pretty good. I don't know if he will become great in the L but to say he is overhyped is a little crazy because I haven'theard that many people screaming about him. Seems to get about as much recognition as he deserves.

He is going to test out real well in the combine too. His dad has breed those boys to be workout warriors.

laugh.gif

do me a favor, put into words why u think Haden isnt good, not just he's overhyped or he's around your same age...

and give me some examples of things you've seen when he plays that would make me believe he is not a top flight college CB right now
If I'm gonna answer this, you gotta answer my EDIT: Cinci/ND talent question as well.
laugh.gif

1st of all, when the hell did I say "Haden isnt good"?

I already said "he's definitely the best corner in the draft (i.e. top flight college CB right now) and will be a very solid pro".

I just don't think he'll be a premier corner in the NFL (what you're expected to be when you are drafted in the top 5-10) as has been predicted bymultiple sources (including your dude Todd McShay
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
). I think the strength of Florida's defensive talent has helped him shinemore than he would have on a $+@$%@ defense. Speaking of SEC corners, I think Patrick Peteron will be a better pro.

I think Joe will have the career of someone like a Leon Hall right now (very solid, but not truly elite). He'll actually probably be a little better thanLeon Hall to be honest.

That's just my honest opinion at the moment...

Haden's as physical a corner as you'll find, super quick, fast, and will have a ridiculous combine workout. He's young and there's no way topredict where he'll be 3 years down the line but there's no reason to suspect he WON'T live up to expectations right now. He's done nothing toimply that. He deserves all the attention he's getting.

James White (The other RB from St. Thomas Aquinas) to Wisky. Hell of a pickup for the Badgers. He's gonna tear them Big 10 boys up
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Interested to see how Chrisitan Green looks at the Army All American practices and the game

Rumor is that Elam is having 3rd thoughts now
nerd.gif
.... Anyone else hearing this?

In regards to Haden, kid is a pure baller, plain and simple. He is physical and smart enough to be a very solid corner in the NFL. One of the best tacklingcb's I've seen in a good while.

Originally Posted by rawjs

nerd.gif
That's been the rumor since the day after he committed. We'll see.

If you go by his word, it's a done deal. Whatever the case, we'll know in about a week or so

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
That's been the rumor since the day after he committed. We'll see.

If you go by his word, it's a done deal. Whatever the case, we'll know in about a week or so
Not sure what to think with this kid; If we get him, then great, if not, we're set with "The No Fly Zone"... Things are also heatingup with Dietrich Riley, and while he probably isn't as good as Elam, he is no slouch... Personally, if Elam sticks with ya'll, it's a great pick-upfor you, but I'd rather it be him then one of our DL recruits.

Matt Elam said he's sticking with his Florida State commit and will head right to Tallahassee after the Army game. He cited his concerns about coach Urban Meyer and his future at Florida as the reason why he de-committed.

Guess we'll find out in about a week or so what his plans really are...

D Riley is good as hell. thats one helluva fall back plan.
I agree with you 100% and I like his attitude a lot better. Elam seems a little more versatile, but at this point, I'd rather have thecurrent players with Riley over Elam... Also, taking Riley keeps a great deal of momentum for Cali recruiting and helps us a lot with Powell.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Matt Elam said he's sticking with his Florida State commit and will head right to Tallahassee after the Army game. He cited his concerns about coach
Urban Meyer and his future at Florida as the reason why he de-committed.

Guess we'll find out in about a week or so what his plans really are...

It's just turned into a circus now. He's been shaky at best for a while. He'll stick.

Now we can put this nonsense of Dowling playing WR to rest and work on Riley.

Any Cali heads...how good is safety, Sean Parker?

He's at the Army game now and has officially cut his list down to Michigan, USC and Cal. Says he's not committing until NSD, but that he isn'tgoing to take an official visit to USC anymore.

Some are saying he's a USC lock, but others are saying he is Michigan's to lose (reminds me of the Donovan Warren situation a little bit).

I know we can sure use all the defensive help we can get...
nerd.gif

That boy Brandon Collins got hit with a agg. robbery case and he didn't even take a snap all year because of academic reasons.

He about done with UT.

D Riley is good as hell. thats one helluva fall back plan.
I agree with you 100% and I like his attitude a lot better. Elam seems a little more versatile, but at this point, I'd rather have the current players with Riley over Elam... Also, taking Riley keeps a great deal of momentum for Cali recruiting and helps us a lot with Powell.

most say Riley acts like a spoiled brat tho, and Powell is just like Elam he is not buying that meyers crap. The day that news broke he pretty much turned hisattention back to USC

Just saw Easley commit to Florida on the HS All Star game replay on ESPN...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Would have been nice to see him in a Ducks jersey, but hey Florida could use him too.

Back
Top Bottom