09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Trovon, Dyer & Lache to Auburn....

*stephon Marbury face*
sick.gif

smh.gif
4j7tok.jpg
i thought lache would've went elsewhere with dyer coming in

"Im sorry I dont have anything to give u, we aint got nothin but a cheeseburger"
How the hell did I miss this the 1st time?!

152f95v.jpg

That sounds like it's straight out of a stoner flick.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No mention of the West Va Cincy game? WV might do what Pitt did to them a few years back tonight. Should be a very interesting game.

[h2]Vols freshmen won't play vs. Mississippi[/h2]

http://search.espn.go.com/chris-low/

The three Tennessee freshmen arrested early Thursday morning on charges of armed robberywill not play in Saturday's game against Mississippi, according to a Tennessee spokeswoman.

Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin has declined to comment about the players' status with the team until more information is gathered about their arrests.

However, Tiffany Carpenter, Tennessee's director of public relations for athletics, said Friday that none of the three players -- safety Janzen Jackson,defensive back Mike Edwards and receiver Nu'Keese Richardson -- would travelwith the team and that none of the three would play in the game.

Jackson was released from jail Thursday afternoon on his own recognizance, and Edwards was released after posting bond. But Richardson still remained in theKnox County Detention Center on Friday and had yet to post a $19,500 bond, according to sheriff's department officials.

According to a Knoxville City Police report, the arrests stemmed from an attempted robbery outside a convenience store near campus. A powered pellet gun wasrecovered in the players' car after they were stopped by police near the Gibbs Hall dormitory on campus, where the Vols' freshman football playerslive.

At least one of the players arrested was wearing some type of Tennessee gear during the attempted robbery, according to police.

A fourth suspect, a woman alleged to have been driving a car with the three players as passengers, was also arrested.

Don Bosch, an attorney representing Jackson, said his client maintains his innocence and was hopeful of having the charges dismissed.

Jackson, one of the highest-rated signees in Kiffin's first recruiting class, started in seven of the nine games this season and has been one of thebest freshmen in the league.

Jackson was suspended last week for the Memphis game for what Kiffin said was a violation of team rules. That suspension came on the heels of a failed drugtest, sources told ESPN.com.

As recently as Wednesday, during the SEC coaches teleconference, Kiffin had praised his team for not having any off-the-field problems during his tenure andhad repeated several times this year that the Vols had been free of any such incidents.

Richardson, of Pahokee, Fla., was at the center of Kiffin's dustup with Florida coach Urban Meyer last February. Richardson had been committed toFlorida for some time, but switched to Tennessee on signing day.

The next day, at a Tennessee recruiting breakfast, Kiffin made his comments alleging Meyer cheated to get Richardson and still wasn't able to sign him.Kiffin was reprimanded by the SEC for those comments.

According to the police report, the victims of the robbery were in their car outside a Pilot convenience store, parked next to a Toyota Prius, when a blackmale approached wearing a hooded sweatshirt, brandishing what appeared to be a handgun, opened the driver's side door and said, "Give me everythingyou have."

A second black male, also wearing a hooded sweatshirt, then went around to the passenger side of the victims' car, opened it and said, "Give useverything you've got."

But when the victims opened their wallets and showed they had no money, a third black male approached the other two and said, "We've got togo," and all three got into the Prius and drove away, according to the police report.

Police said when they pulled over the Prius, they found a black air-powered pellet gun and a pair of hooded sweatshirts. Police also said they found amarijuana grinder, which the driver, Marie Montmarquet, said belonged to her, and a baggie containing what appeared to be marijuana in Montmarquet'sjacket.

According to police, the victims later identified Edwards and Richardson as the men who had approached them.

that was one of the worst review calls ever...

they cant be serious.

there is no way that was a touchdown. getthe %+@% outta here

see, gotta get those video replay officials away from the venue
smh.gif

they should not be swayed by the home crowd

that was a hometown call all the way

eek.gif
that was a SICK 3 yard run
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

that was one of the worst review calls ever...

they cant be serious.

there is no way that was a touchdown. getthe %+@% outta here
After what we've seen this year are you really surprised anymore Gunna?

That is such a game changing call. That was not a TD and definitely not something to be overturned im really starting to believe sports is rigged if a game isclose at all.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

That is such a game changing call. That was not a TD and definitely not something to be overturned im really starting to believe sports is rigged if a game is close at all.
At this point of the year, conferences are going to do whatever it takes to get their best team to the big game. I'm watching this on ESPN360and went back to the play. It was not a TD as the ball came out before he crossed the line. CFB ain't about the love of the game and integrity for theseconferences, its about money.

I agree with Gunna, the reviewing needs to be done by an outside party because these officials are scared to death after games because of the fans. Theannouncers are right to be shocked, astonished and in disbelief it was a terrible call.

So I'm the only one that saw a possible TD? I mean it wasn't enough to overturn the call, but it looked to me like the ball might MIGHT have crossedthe goal line. Probably a bad call at the end of everything though.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

So I'm the only one that saw a possible TD? I mean it wasn't enough to overturn the call, but it looked to me like the ball might MIGHT have crossed the goal line. Probably a bad call at the end of everything though.
The ball crossed the line but he never had possession thus it being a fumble.

Cincy has another good QB in Nick Colleros after Pike leaves.

Back
Top Bottom