09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

that has been a rumor for awhile now and it always has been the pac10 would look to 2 more teams

like colorado and colorado state, San Diego State and Fresno State and i think the other was BYU and UTAH

but i never got why colorado would leave the big12
What I've heard lately is they want Colorado and Utah right now...

But I just can't see Colorado leaving the Big XII unless the Pac 10 has squared away all the TV issues and has started generating more revenue there...There's just more money to be made in the Big XII because of the Pac 10's issues along those lines...

Fresno State isn't very strong academically, so they probably don't make a lot of sense for the Pac10... The Utah and BYU pairing makes the most senseIMO...

Touche' my _
laugh.gif

Oh and on the recruiting front... A&M is apparently prepping themselves for a Jarrett Fobbs switch to LSU...

LSU got one spot left for a receiver, Miles and Co. are telling him they'll take him as a receiver now, and it only seems like a matter of time before heswitches up...

Gotta wonder what that would do for Mike Davis' commitment though... There were rumors he was eyeballing a switch to A&M after Corey Nelson committed,but LSU told him if he took a trip elsewhere they'd pull the rug out from under him...

And to piggy back the Robinson news... It was mentioned on sports in Tulsa that Parrish Cox may not play...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

that has been a rumor for awhile now and it always has been the pac10 would look to 2 more teams

like colorado and colorado state, San Diego State and Fresno State and i think the other was BYU and UTAH

but i never got why colorado would leave the big12
What I've heard lately is they want Colorado and Utah right now...

But I just can't see Colorado leaving the Big XII unless the Pac 10 has squared away all the TV issues and has started generating more revenue there... There's just more money to be made in the Big XII because of the Pac 10's issues along those lines...

Fresno State isn't very strong academically, so they probably don't make a lot of sense for the Pac10... The Utah and BYU pairing makes the most sense IMO...
ya they would never let Freson State in because academically the school is a joke

the New pac-10 commish is trying to change the revenue thing, he is changing some of the bowls arounds and other minor stuff. i dont think having a contractwith Fox Sports for football is a bad thing, it only sucks come basketball time

its a story to this dirk or just on the message boards right now?

ya they would never let Freson State in because academically the school is a joke

the New pac-10 commish is trying to change the revenue thing, he is changing some of the bowls arounds and other minor stuff. i dont think having a contract with Fox Sports for football is a bad thing, it only sucks come basketball time

its a story to this dirk or just on the message boards right now?
Mostly educated speculation after the Pac 10 commish said in an interview with some Phoenix sports station they'd be looking to add a coupleof teams very soon...

Colorado makes a TON of sense if they'd switch. That's where they tried to go before they settled into the Big XII, and there's been plenty ofwhispers they've had their eyes there waiting for Pac 10 expansion ever since... Supposedly the Big XII has quietly been looking at some type ofreconfiguration as well... They like Iowa and Arkansas because of the natural rivalries they'd bring along with them and they make sense geographically...

the New pac-10 commish is trying to change the revenue thing, he is changing some of the bowls arounds and other minor stuff. i dont think having a contract with Fox Sports for football is a bad thing, it only sucks come basketball time
Yep... Fox sports for football is actually pretty good, and now the other conferences are going with fox sports. where it is HORRIBLE isbasketball.

The Pac10 has had the hots for BYU and Utah, since Urban Meyer got Utah on the map. It makes a lot of sense, but I don't think BYU wants to be a part ofthe Pac 10.

Academically, Fresno State and San Diego State were always a pipe dream hatched by Fresno State and San Diego State. Even though Fresno State occasionallymakes some noise, SDSU has not been relevant since the Marshall Faulk/Darnay Scott days.

I've heard Colorado, but it doesn't make much sense to me. If Colorado and Utah come along, geographically they are close, but there is no realrivalry there. BYU and Utah is already a good interstate rivalry (The Holy War).

Plus, plucking Colorado will start a domino effect on the college football landscape. Iowa makes sense, finally making the Big Ten, the Big Ten instead of the"Big 11".

I do not see Arkansas leaving the SEC. I don't see any team leaving the SEC, it generates too much revenue for it's teams.

Texas and Colorado were both set for the Pac 10 back in the early 90's, and Texas A&M was set to join the SEC before Baylor and TTU cried foul andstate politics in Austin pulled the rug out from under the whole thing...

Really, the Big XII makes no damn sense whatsoever...
laugh.gif
The South and North really have nothing in common whatsoever aside from the Nebraska/Oklahomaconnection...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The Pac10 has had the hots for BYU and Utah, since Urban Meyer got Utah on the map. It makes a lot of sense, but I don't think BYU wants to be a part of the Pac 10.

Academically, Fresno State and San Diego State were always a pipe dream hatched by Fresno State and San Diego State. Even though Fresno State occasionally makes some noise, SDSU has not been relevant since the Marshall Faulk/Darnay Scott days.

I've heard Colorado, but it doesn't make much sense to me. If Colorado and Utah come along, geographically they are close, but there is no real rivalry there. BYU and Utah is already a good interstate rivalry (The Holy War).

Plus, plucking Colorado will start a domino effect on the college football landscape. Iowa makes sense, finally making the Big Ten, the Big Ten instead of the "Big 11".

I do not see Arkansas leaving the SEC. I don't see any team leaving the SEC, it generates too much revenue for it's teams.

Exactly, that's why Frank Broyles made the move in the first place and DEFINITELY would not make the move to the Big 12 as well as more competition.
pimp.gif

+ Money via bowl sharing revenues and corporate sponsors.
+ Bowl Tie-Ins
+ Exposure

- It's better on travel to be in the Big 12 North though
grin.gif

- Arkansas does hold the all-time head to head advantage over Big 12 teams though

Tulsa - An Oklahoma State official tells NewsChannel 8 that Internet rumors circulating about the status of Oklahoma State senior quarterback Zac Robinson arefalse.According to a high-level source in the Oklahoma State University athletic department, the online reports are quote "just internet rumors, horribleinternet rumors."

laugh.gif
The South and North really have nothing in common whatsoever aside from the Nebraska/Oklahoma connection...

how come nobody has made moves to changet that?

Academically, Fresno State and San Diego State were always a pipe dream hatched by Fresno State and San Diego State. Even though Fresno State occasionally makes some noise, SDSU has not been relevant since the Marshall Faulk/Darnay Scott days.
Academically SDSU can hang, but Fresno State would be a JOKE
laugh.gif
and i THINK its more of Fresno state wanting to get in the pac-10 then the pac-10 going after them(in past years)

I've heard Colorado, but it doesn't make much sense to me. If Colorado and Utah come along, geographically they are close, but there is no real rivalry there. BYU and Utah is already a good interstate rivalry (The Holy War).

Plus, plucking Colorado will start a domino effect on the college football landscape. Iowa makes sense, finally making the Big Ten, the Big Ten instead of the "Big 11".
agree on that

Yooooooo, The Tricketts and FSU played this *+** smooooooth.

_ got his offer like 2 months ago, but kept it quiet b/c he really wanted to be recruited by other teams.

And he's been saying for the longest that he doesn't wanna play for his dad.

I just hope we don't have another Wyatt/Bill Sexton siuation again.

Wow, that %!$* surprised me too.

laugh.gif
The South and North really have nothing in common whatsoever aside from the Nebraska/Oklahoma connection...
how come nobody has made moves to changet that?
What are they gonna do right now really?

They can't add anybody without another dominoe falling in place... There's three schools off top that would make a TON of sense to drop, but Icouldn't even begin to speculate on how all that works legally and financially...

They need other dominoes to fall in place before they can really do anything...
- It's better on travel to be in the Big 12 North though
grin.gif

- Arkansas does hold the all-time head to head advantage over Big 12 teams though
I'd imagine they'd realign everything and have Arkansas in a division with Texas and Texas A&M to get those rivalries back running...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Yooooooo, The Tricketts and FSU played this %%@# smooooooth.

As I said earlier, it was between him and Medlock, word is that Clint's mother wanted him to stay closer to home, but damn they played EVERYBODY
smh.gif

I don't think Godfrey was coming here anyways. Because he's a part of the trio and for whatever reason Gainer has slid down the coaches board and theynever went after reese that hard.

I expect that they will end up a USF and do damage.

Shame, because I %+*$ w/ Gainer and Godfrey even if he is a ******
pimp.gif

Texas A&M finalizing deals to play home-and-homes with USC (2015/2016) and Oregon (2018/2019)...

Long ways out, but it's always nice to see BCS programs set these things up...

Just reform the old Southwest Conference back again. Schools in the North haven't been on a level playing field for a long time now and the gap is gettingfurther apart.

Sounding like Greg Brown out of OH is trying to become our first 2011 commit.

Back
Top Bottom