09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

smh.gif
tired.gif
That was McFadden's trophy..team was on his back ALL season with Felix sharing carries

321 vs South Carolina
sick.gif
lol just to continue to play devil's advocate... and to pick up on your "McFadden had the team on his back" argument...

With Dennis Dixon under center, the Ducks were 8-1 (1 yard away from being undefeated), riding a wave of momentum coming off two huge wins against top 10opponents, ranked #2 in the country, dominating in the Pac 10, and in most (if not all people's eyes) the best team in the country.

Dixon tears his ACL against Arizona State (but completes the game) and STILL starts against Arizona and then runs (on a completely torn ACL) 39 yards for atouchdown (geeeeez) before being pulled in the 1st quarter for essentially blowing out his knee.

Oregon goes on to fall apart and lose THAT game as well as the next two against much weaker opponents (even getting shutout by an awfulll UCLA team.)

He was arguably the best player on any field that year, but no one was as huge for his team as Dixon was. Not even Tebow, who as someone said already,wasn't even the best player on his own team.

And McFadden had a lot of help from Felix. Remove him from the equation and that teams record is even worse, and I doubt this would be an argument, even withMcFadden putting up monster numbers on a 5 or 6 win team.

just sayin...

t1_dixon.jpg

=

duck.jpg

?

it shoulda.

tongue.gif

Hot rumor around LA is Neuheisel is offering J Serra head coach a staff position to try and get Robert Woods (and George Farmer later) to flip to LA and getPaul Richardson back (decommitted from Bruins a while back).

he better do it for more then just Paul Richardson since the chances are high he comes back to UCLA anyways

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bobby Bowden on the Tommy barnhardt show.
Bobby's my all time favorite coach but Its time to hang it up.
Bobby's trying to punish them for going public. He's a very stubborn person.

I was at that game when Dixon went down...as an Arizona fan I sort of wanted them to win out to go to the NC gmae but seeing Dixon fall to the ground withoutbeing touched was
tired.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

Every 80 yr old person is stubborn.

He just don't wanna let go. He still comparing our current situation to Penn St, but it's not the same. Different dynamics.

Just let it go man. It's time. Just look at the product on the field.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Oh, and as for 2009 recruit Aubrey Phillips:
Well just a couple months after leaving FSU, enrolling at Auburn and bad-mouthing Florida State in the press, he quit Auburn and is back at home in Memphis.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

He just don't wanna let go. He still comparing our current situation to Penn St, but it's not the same. Different dynamics.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Well just a couple months after leaving FSU, enrolling at Auburn and bad-mouthing Florida State in the press, he quit Auburn and is back at home in Memphis.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I think that's part of it but I think Coach B wants to get back at them for going public. Bobby like most people has a lot of pride and hefeels disrespected by the University he practically built so I doubt he's going to make it easy on them. He is either going to go out on his own terms orhe is going to win the PR battle.

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I think that's part of it but I think Coach B wants to get back at them for going public. Bobby like most people has a lot of pride and he feels disrespected by the University he practically built so I doubt he's going to make it easy on them. He is either going to go out on his own terms or he is going to win the PR battle.

Don't think either will happen. If the board and alumni who contribute to the university the most have their way and they most likely will hewill be gone. FSU has already been hurt Public Relations wise in terms of losing future recruits. What more do they have to lose? They are already at thebottom of the ACC and haven't been relevant on the national scale the last few years because of the ineptitude at the coaching position. The university wasthere before him and will be there after him.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Don't think either will happen. If the board and alumni who contribute to the university the most have their way and they most likely will he will be gone. FSU has already been hurt Public Relations wise in terms of losing future recruits. What more do they have to lose? They are already at the bottom of the ACC and haven't been relevant on the national scale the last few years because of the ineptitude at the coaching position. The university was there before him and will be there after him.
Agreed...

I hate all this crap about Paterno and Bowden and how the Universities should let them coach to their graves... Nah, they shouldn't... Jobs aren'tLifetime Achievement Awards... Like every other position in the country, your performance is and should be evaluated on an annual basis. And if you're notup to snuff you should feel the pressure from the higher ups and, in this case, fans and boosters...

Bobby Bowden built that program into what it was in the 90s and early this decade... Unfortunately, it's now taking a turn back the other way on a downwardspiral, and his presence is just as much to blame...

^ Basically.

Looks like FSU is scouring the JUCO ranks for some DL.

Jimbo was out in Miss. at the Juco/CC's out there. Trying to find the next Mt. Cody
laugh.gif

And here's a blast from the past. Charles Deas. Any of y'all remember him? From the '06 class? Committed to LSU? BEAST though he was TERRIBLYunderrated as a 3* (Likely because of his grades)

Anyways, he's worked his was back academically and is back on the market. Looks like Jimbo has his ear as of now. Only question now is how much eligibilitydoes he have left. 2 yrs? 1 yr? Who knows.

Weis is betting big on the USC game this week. Not necessarily to win, but with the future of the program. There will be between 10 and 15 four and five-star recruits on campus as the Irish look to break the Trojans' seven year stranglehold. As noted by Tom Lemming in today's South Bend Tribune, it's the biggest in-season recruiting weekend Notre Dame has had:
Eleven of the nation's elite senior prospects who are still shopping will be on hand Saturday. So will 11 of Notre Dame's 15 committed recruits. And there will be 19 of the nation's top juniors in attendance.

Irish Sports Daily reports that some of the top recruits in the country including Seantrel Henderson, Josh Shaw, Louis Nix, Chris Martin and surprise visitor all-world wide receiver and USC commit Kyle Prater will be on campus this weekend. If Charlie can pull it off, he'll likely pull off a top 5 class as well.
i guess lamarcus joyner is comin up too with STA kids

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Weis is betting big on the USC game this week. Not necessarily to win, but with the future of the program. There will be between 10 and 15 four and five-star recruits on campus as the Irish look to break the Trojans' seven year stranglehold. As noted by Tom Lemming in today's South Bend Tribune, it's the biggest in-season recruiting weekend Notre Dame has had:
Eleven of the nation's elite senior prospects who are still shopping will be on hand Saturday. So will 11 of Notre Dame's 15 committed recruits. And there will be 19 of the nation's top juniors in attendance.
Irish Sports Daily reports that some of the top recruits in the country including Seantrel Henderson, Josh Shaw, Louis Nix, Chris Martin and surprise visitor all-world wide receiver and USC commit Kyle Prater will be on campus this weekend. If Charlie can pull it off, he'll likely pull off a top 5 class as well.
i guess lamarcus joyner is comin up too with STA kids

cg0472napoleon.gif

laugh.gif
Charlie Weis is essentially betting his career at Notre Dame on this football game...

I'm ALL in on the Bulls.

Those two DEs are gonna put a lotta pressure on Pike. BK gona have to run the ball effectively.

Let's see what BJ can do Primetime.

Looks like Cody Riggs might have to settle on ND cus alotta teams aren't believers in his skills. UF & Tenn may not have papers for him

Question for FSU folks,

There's all this pressure on Bobby right now to retire, but how much blame can you really put on him when his staff controls the team?

Granted, it's his decision who he hires for his staff, but right now it looks like you guys have a capable offense, but your D gets shredded every game.Isn't that Mickey's fault? Why isn't everyone just screaming to fire Mickey Andrews? Who does the recruiting for the defense? IMO you all should beblaming whoever that is. If that all goes back to Bobby, then pardon my ignorance
laugh.gif

He had a horrible Senior year and never got the look he needed. I dunno what he's doin now. I'll find out tho.

pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Surprise! Stafon Johnson returns to Heritage Hall

LINK

By Ben Malcolmson on October 15, 2009 10:28 AM | No Comments
The Trojans just received quite the going-away present.

During their team meeting this morning, a buoyant Stafon Johnson bounded into the auditorium to surprise the players with his presence, just 24 hours after being released from the hospital and only 17 days after his freak weightlifting accident. The players and coaches, both stunned and overjoyed by Johnson's appearance, cheered loudly before going up and shaking his hand and giving him a hug.

Check out some pictures from Johnson's surprise appearance at this morning's team meeting:

1015stafintro.jpg

Stafon Johnson bounds into the team meeting room this morning to surprise his teammates, just one day after being released from the hospital.

1015staffront.jpg

Stafon Johnson greets the team from the front of the auditorium during this morning's team meeting.

1015staftmays.jpg

Stafon Johnson and Taylor Mays shake hands and hug at the end of the team meeting.

1015stafbutch.jpg

Stafon Johnson and offensive lineman Butch Lewis go through their special handshake routine at the end of the team meeting this morning.

1015stafcoaches.jpg

In the defensive staff room before this morning's meetings, Stafon Johnson writes a message to his coaches as they scheme to set up his surprise appearance in front of the team.

Big East Conference GOTY tonight.

Wow, at Weis inviting the recruits to this game. If they lose, badly at that, this can have devastating effects.

pimp.gif

Thoughts on his draft status? Prior to the injury, he had to have been 2nd round material, or is that a reach?

Back
Top Bottom