09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

if everyone else wins out, and USC wins out, USC deserve it ? Why?

maybe because they schedule tough?

Team - SOS
USC - 36
Florida - 95
Texas - 101

pathetic. If USC, UF, and UT all have 1 loss, what makes UF and UT more deserving?

Originally Posted by TheWatcher1

the same UW that should've beat LSU and ND?

at least they play a tough schedule, can't say the same for Florida, Texas, Boise State
laugh.gif
Please. I only crossed out BSU because you got that oneright, but Florida and Texas are playing tough schedules this year. You dont see them playing great teams during OOC because they're getting ready to playTop 25 teams week after week in their conference.

And where are you getting your SOS list? Just curious. Seems interesting. And the Conference Championship games have a lot to say about UF or Texas getting thenod over USC.

Originally Posted by 18key

the same UW that should've beat LSU and ND?

at least they play a tough schedule, can't say the same for Florida, Texas, Boise State
laugh.gif
Please. I only crossed out BSU because you got that one right, but Florida and Texas are playing tough schedules this year. You dont see them playing great teams during OOC because they're getting ready to play Top 25 teams week after week in their conference.

And where are you getting your SOS list? Just curious. Seems interesting.
LOL

True, but they might not need one. LSU and UT didn't have one when they won the NC.

McElroy isn't great but he isn't the liability people thought he was going to be. Deepest backfield in the country arguably. Julio only has 7 catchesthis year but he's gonna get going eventually. And the D is still lights out.

Same kinda team Saban won a NC with couple years ago. Fundamentally sound and mentally tough. They should beat L$U but Auburn could be a legit threat.

Originally Posted by firered18

hey Gunna how did all of those recruits enjoy the trip to Knoxville?

They showed Dietrich Riley on TV with the VOL squad, He looked like he was into it.
some other dude said he saw Matt Elam ridin on the golf cart with 4 chicks from the squad
laugh.gif

West Palm Beach, Florida safety Matt Elam thought he was just taking a casual visit to Knoxville to checkout Tennessee this weekend. He liked theVols, but the Florida commitment wasn't taking his visit to serious. Are the Vols chances serious now?

"At first I just wanted to take a look," Elam said. "But I saw things and talked to Monte. I saw how they used their safeties and they put themin a position to make plays. They do have a chance."

Elam and his discussion with Monte Kiffin not only have the Vols in a dogfight for the nation's second ranked safety, but Elamsays Tennessee will be there until the end.

"They are very high in my decision," Elam said. "Monte Kiffin's background is a real plus. He's been in the league and the defense heruns makes sure that his players get to the league. There is a connection there and they made a strong push for me."

The highlight of the visit was getting to meet All-American
Eric Berry.

"He's a very cool guy," Elam said. "He likes to have fun and he's laid back guy. All he said was that he wanted to see another playercome in and do what he does. He said the fans were what drew him to Tennessee and I can see why."

Elam stood a good portion of the game and was shaking his orange and white Tennessee shaker. When he wasn't making noise, he was watching Berry do histhing on the field.

"The atmosphere was awesome," Elam said. "I watched
Eric Berry and see how he does things. I know I can do the same thing he's doing."

Elam was really impressed at all of the promotion that Berry got on the Jumbotron during the game, including a rap video that aired before kickoff.

"I was thinking that could be me," Elam said. "He's getting all that attention and fame and they promote him. He'll be leaving andsomeone has to come in and be better than him and make plays."

The crowd impressed Elam with their knowledge of the game. Several fans recognized the Sunshine state native and that really stood out.

"It makes me feel good about myself," Elam said. "It makes me feel blessed and lets me know that I have a bright future ahead of me. I just haveto keep my head straight."

He'll visit Florida State next weekend, and a future trip to LSU that isn't scheduled yet.

Rivals.com ranks Elam as a 5-star safety in the class of 2010. He's also a member of the Rivals100.

pimp.gif

Too bad UH's party crashing hopes came to a screeching halt in last night. Keenum deserved better than the effort the defense gave him
smh.gif

It wouldn't shock me if Elam goes to UTk or WVa

He wants to play right away....that will be pretty tough at UF with Hill, Wright, Black and Finley. Josh Evans can play too.

I hope Elam stays a Gator.....I'm sure he'll ball wherever he ends up though.

This week Eric Berry's draft stock is gonna take a dip cause Reshad Jones gonna outplay him (shout outs to cromp) and AJ aint scared.

Marlon Brown coming out party?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

if everyone else wins out, and USC wins out, USC deserve it ? Why?

I woulda laughed at the idea a few weeks ago too, but I'm startin to believe SC deserves to be in NC IF we win out AND the 2nd place team has 1-loss:

1) Tough schedule this year with all key games away.

2) Our 1-loss was a tight game in a hostile environment where we didn't have Barkley (HUGE) or Taylor Mays (less important but still).

3) Defense has been elite so far and the offense has some MAJOR potential with Barkley improving week-to-week.

The board of trustees are calling for Bowden's head in Tallahassee. This is his last year if they have their way.

not really. what does that even prove? that resume is more impressive than Penn State, Texas and Florida (just to name a few). maybe you should try using moresmileys.

they're the 3rd best team in the second best conference in football. they're easily a top 20 team.

not really. what does that even prove? that resume is more impressive than Penn State, Texas and Florida (just to name a few). maybe you should try using more smileys.

they're the 3rd best team in the second best conference in football. they're easily a top 20 team.
Ladies and gentlemen, this man is talking about Stanford...

2lxunhj.jpg

Please remove your head
23ur97t.jpg

out of your @ss son.

people laughing but stanford is actually a pretty good team. people should actually watch them play instead of just assume theyre horrible because of theirprevious years of sucking. harbaugh and his staff is actually coaching this team up. wouldnt be surprised if they ended up being 3rd in the pac-10 when theseason is over.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

people laughing but stanford is actually a pretty good team. people should actually watch them play instead of just assume theyre horrible because of their previous years of sucking. harbaugh and his staff is actually coaching this team up. wouldnt be surprised if they ended up being 3rd in the pac-10 when the season is over.
But this dude said they belong in the top 25 RIGHT NOW.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

b70314.jpg

Scraping the bottom of the Pac-10 and WAC doesn't make you a top 20 team. And Pac-10 the 2nd best conference?? Maybe if we kicked the entire state ofWashington out. Stanford has OSU and Arizona on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to either of these teams. If they can get past those twoand beat any two of USC, Cal, and Oregon then maybe I'd consider them top 25 material. Don't get me wrong though Stanford isn't a scrub team, Ijust don't really think they should be ranked. The season is young they can still prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Scraping the bottom of the Pac-10 and WAC doesn't make you a top 20 team. And Pac-10 the 2nd best conference?? Maybe if we kicked the entire state of Washington out. Stanford has OSU and Arizona on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to either of these teams. If they can get past those two and beat any two of USC, Cal, and Oregon then maybe I'd consider them top 25 material. Don't get me wrong though Stanford isn't a scrub team, I just don't really think they should be ranked. The season is young they can still prove me wrong.

next year washington will contend for the pac 10 championship

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

people laughing but stanford is actually a pretty good team. people should actually watch them play instead of just assume theyre horrible because of their previous years of sucking. harbaugh and his staff is actually coaching this team up. wouldnt be surprised if they ended up being 3rd in the pac-10 when the season is over.

I watched them play. aint no assumptions here.

Any team with those games under their belt, who Loses to Wake Forest , is not a top 25 team.
throw some comp in there and lets see where we they go

Is Tulsa a top 25 team?

Houston got bumped from top 25 team for losin to UTEP, and they have 2 wins over Ok State and Texas Tech....

any debate for Stanford being a top 25 team right now is Foolish. Period. exclamation point. no smileys.
Shot.Down.

Stanford should be ranked in the top 25. Their recruiting is sick with athletes from all over the country.

LSU has no business almost losing to UW
Uhm UW scored a TD at the very end of that game to make the score look closer than it was....yeah come correct on those facts buddy.

Back
Top Bottom