09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Stanford being 3-oh in conference play. Crazy
eek.gif
Washington State
Washington
UCLA
eyes.gif

Those oregon helmets were straight sickk.

USC at Oregon in a couple weeks is lookin' to be a real good game.

Stanford
pimp.gif

even tho i hate stanfurd, it really felt to me before harbaugh would turn their program around, and it looks like this year they might have. but...it'sstill early october
and yea, cal is a lost team right now, just lethargic and pathetic. they completely failed the toughest part of their schedule in the worst way possible-whentedford's been here we haven't been blown out 2 games in a row, so this is new. we obviously won't contend anymore, but it's looking like aEmerald Bowl year again (we'll turn it around and eventually find the offense again..the schedule is gonna get easier)

but the pac-10 is looking interesting this year

[table][tr][td]AP Top 25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RK[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]RECORD[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PVS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Florida (54)[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]1486[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Texas (1)[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]1416[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Alabama (5)[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]1404[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]1290[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]1200[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]1185[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]1108[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Cincinnati[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]1004[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]994[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]TCU[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]940[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Miami (FL)[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]931[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Iowa[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]823[/td] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]676[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]564[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]563[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]513[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Auburn[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]428[/td] [td]NR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Brigham Young[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]403[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]370[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]357[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]3-1[/td] [td]333[/td] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]311[/td] [td]25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]South Florida[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [td]238[/td] [td]NR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Missouri[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]NR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]South Carolina[/td] [td]4-1[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]NR[/td] [/tr][/table]
  • Dropped from rankings: Houston 12, Georgia 18, Michigan 22, California 24
  • Others receiving votes: Wisconsin 157, Houston 142, Georgia 115, Stanford 50, Utah 31, Michigan 25, Boston College 12, Notre Dame 9, Pittsburgh 3, Arizona 2, West Virginia 2,

IMO Georgia is a top 25 team despite their 2 losses

Mizzu, Kansus and Nebraska are just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under them.

Stanford, STILL 1st place in the Pac-10.
pimp.gif
From one of theTWO actual Stanford fans on NT.

Originally Posted by acidicality

even tho i hate stanfurd, it really felt to me before harbaugh would turn their program around, and it looks like this year they might have. but...it's still early october
and yea, cal is a lost team right now, just lethargic and pathetic. they completely failed the toughest part of their schedule in the worst way possible-when tedford's been here we haven't been blown out 2 games in a row, so this is new. we obviously won't contend anymore, but it's looking like a Emerald Bowl year again (we'll turn it around and eventually find the offense again..the schedule is gonna get easier)

but the pac-10 is looking interesting this year
roll.gif
You'll be fortunate to make the Emrald Bowl this year.JAHVID 4 HEISMAN!!!!

Originally Posted by Nako XL

poser +#% Iowa
smh.gif
Iowa is easily the most overrated squad on there IMO (followed closely by Boise).

I think we got more than a decent shot of knocking them off this week up @ their place. Controlling their D-Line will be the key, but will be very challengingwithout our best O-Lineman, David Molk.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

poser +#% Iowa
smh.gif
Iowa is easily the most overrated squad on there IMO (followed closely by Boise).

I think we got more than a decent shot of knocking them off this week up @ their place. Controlling their D-Line will the key, but will be very challenging without our best O-Lineman, David Molk.
My girlfriends dad is a hige Michigan fan and since i have directv I've been able to watch all of their games this year wit big-10 network.Yesterday they just looked incredibly sloppy... I think it might have had to do with the feild/weather. That might be problematic with the upcoming terribleweather in Michigan.. what are your thoughts?

Originally Posted by swizzc

poser +#% Iowa
smh.gif

I think we got more than a decent shot of knocking them off this week up @ their place. Controlling their D-Line will the key, but will be very challenging without our best O-Lineman, David Molk.
My girlfriends dad is a hige Michigan fan and since i have directv I've been able to watch all of their games this year wit big-10 network. Yesterday they just looked incredibly sloppy... I think it might have had to do with the feild/weather. That might be problematic with the upcoming terrible weather in Michigan.. what are your thoughts?
Considering that game was played on a grass field yesterday (@MSU), that makes the weather/rain affect the game play 10 fold. We have field turfwitch is infinitely better to play on when it's raining. Iowa has a grass field again though this week, so we'll see.
nerd.gif
(it effects both teams equally anyway *shrugs*).

poser +#% Iowa
smh.gif

My girlfriends dad is a hige Michigan fan and since i have directv I've been able to watch all of their games this year wit big-10 network. Yesterday they just looked incredibly sloppy... I think it might have had to do with the feild/weather. That might be problematic with the upcoming terrible weather in Michigan.. what are your thoughts?
Considering that game was played on a grass field yesterday (@MSU), that makes the weather/rain affect the game play 10 fold. We have field turf witch is infinitely better to play on when it's raining. Iowa has a grass field again though this week, so we'll see.
nerd.gif
I don't think it effects both teams equally though. When your offense is based on speed and spreading the feild, it hurts your offensesubstantially more to play on a sloppy feild than a smashmouth grind it out football team. I didn't know Michigan had feild turf tho, I was under theimpression they were still with thte true grass. That is good news.

poser +#% Iowa
smh.gif

Considering that game was played on a grass field yesterday (@MSU), that makes the weather/rain affect the game play 10 fold. We have field turf witch is infinitely better to play on when it's raining. Iowa has a grass field again though this week, so we'll see.
nerd.gif
I don't think it effects both teams equally though. When your offense is based on speed and spreading the feild, it hurts your offense substantially more to play on a sloppy feild than a smashmouth grind it out football team. I didn't know Michigan had feild turf tho, I was under the impression they were still with thte true grass. That is good news.

they switched it a few years ago but when you have someone like forcier who can make a play out of nothing, michigan has a chance against every team they play.You also have to rememeber michigan wasnt favored last week so people are saying its an upset but i really isnt. I expect them to play very good in iowa nextweek even thou it is a hostile enviorment...

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

My Bama vs Texas NC prediction will come true. OSU*, VT, UF, L$U, USC all gonna pick up at least one more loss.
I love Bama's style but again they dont have someone on offense capable of getting a TD from anywhere on the field. I think its gonna hurtthem vs the top teams again just like last yr.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

if everyone else wins out, and USC wins out, USC deserve it ? Why?
laugh.gif
Because they went and lost another game to a team theyhad no business losing to...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

if everyone else wins out, and USC wins out, USC deserve it ? Why?
laugh.gif
Because they went and lost another game to a team they had no business losing to...

the same UW that should've beat LSU and ND?

at least they play a tough schedule, can't say the same for Florida, Texas, Boise State

The same UW that didn't beat those teams and got blasted by Stanford?

USC has no business losing to Washington.

Stanford should be ranked in the top 25. Their recruiting is sick with athletes from all over the country.

LSU has no business almost losing to UW

Back
Top Bottom