'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Thankyou Dre and pimp it was WAY to easy to comment on that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

come one those guys are just performing their community service requirement from their plea agreements.

a3436ab9394afb1addcb0db2e440fc334e3a2c6b.jpg
kill ya self..

miami players are model citizens....last major incident was when willie cooper got shot in the butt but Brandon Merriweather had a license to shootback.....funny how espn blew that story up
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

come one those guys are just performing their community service requirement from their plea agreements.

kill ya self..

miami players are model citizens....last major incident was when willie cooper got shot in the butt but Brandon Merriweather had a license to shoot back.....funny how espn blew that story up
smh.gif
Pata?

Not even gonna front, that was good.
laugh.gif

Funniest fight Ive ever seen:

Todd Frier vs Jermaine Green at FSU.

Frier was scrawny White dude, plyed FS and Green was fast %%+ cut up dude played Rb. them two get to arguin on basketball court.
Frier hit that dude with the Clubber Lang Punch .

JG get up, stops fightin , goes and gets basketball, "Ball up top"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Im young so Im like
eek.gif
Green busts out, thats a "tough %%+cracker. " andeveryone keeps playin like it was nothin.
straight comedy

dreClark wrote:
Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

In other news, nation's #1 recruit Seantrel Henderson has named top 3 of UF, USC, and OSU. Could someone post story please? Thanks in advance.

http://florida.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=882&script=content.asp&cid=964371&fid=&tid=&mid= =

uly 13, 2009
Adam Powell
CarolinaBlue.com

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. --- This year's Nike Peach Jam not only features the top high school basketball talent in America. It also features the nation's No. 1 football prospect, Seantrel Henderson of Saint Paul (Minn.). A hulking 6-8, 335-pounder, Henderson is running with the Howard Pulley Panthers squad---teammates with top North Carolina hoops prospect Harrison Barnes.

[table][tr][td]
SEANTRELHENDERSON10_7200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Five-star offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson is considering making a visit to North Carolina before narrowing down his list.[/td] [/tr][/table]Although Henderson is not exactly a Rivals 150-caliber basketball prospect, he was doing some good things to help the Panthers, who were blown out in their first game on Sunday and then lost a close game Sunday night.

"The first game, we really didn't come out and play too well. Tonight (Sunday night) I thought we played well, but we had a couple of mistakes at the end," said Henderson. "We did some good things but we just didn't do enough to pick up the 'W.' I mean, I can't blame it on the coaches or nothing like that---they don't play."

Despite the two losses, Henderson is enjoying the AAU basketball experience and the opportunity to play in front of a 'Who's Who' of high-major coaches.

"It's a pretty good experience for me, you know, coming out here with the college coaches and all these good teams and playing with the best. It's just fun to me," he said.

Although the Pulley Panthers still have the AAU nationals later in the summer, Henderson isn't sure he'll make that event because of some upcoming football visits.

"We've got another (AAU) tournament, but I think I might be on a couple of visits, so I might not be able to make it, but that's pretty much it," he said.

Specifically, Henderson said he's planning to make a couple of trips in the coming weeks with his mother to some schools on each coast. Thus far, Henderson has visited primarily Big Ten programs that are fairly local to his home in Minnesota.

Thanks for posting

Originally Posted by dreClark

Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8 wrote:

kill ya self..

miami players are model citizens....last major incident was when willie cooper got shot in the butt but Brandon Merriweather had a license to shoot
back.....funny how espn blew that story up
smh.gif
Pata?

he was murdered....can happen to anybody

yea it can but living the life he was living, def. contributed to it...
and I say that with all respect because theres no need to throw dirt on a persons name who passed away but people "know" what happened

kill ya self..

miami players are model citizens....last major incident was when willie cooper got shot in the butt but Brandon Merriweather had a license to shoot back.....funny how espn blew that story up
smh.gif

Actually there was an incident in Tally a couple months ago but it was kept extremely on the hush hush.
laugh.gif
Just don't be surprised if you see somebodysuspended for the FSU opener for "undisclosed" reasons.

[h1][/h1]
[h1] The Next Johnson at Ely[/h1]
July 14, 2009 by Luke Stampini

Pompano Ely's Avery Johnson looks the part physically measuring in at 6-foot-2, 180-pounds. Impressive, considering Johnson is just entering his sophomore year and is a member of the 2012 class. Johnson can also run fairly well for his size, and should mature into a talented prospects over the next couple of years.

Johnson played his freshman year at Redemptorist High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana when his family moved to be with his brother, former Ely star and current LSU cornerback Patrick (Johnson) Peterson. The younger Johnson has since moved back to Pompano and did participate in Ely's spring football.

"Spring football was fun," said Johnson. "Just learning the plays, coming from a different school I had to learn the playbook, the spread. I think I did pretty good this spring."

Johnson is not new to the style of football featured in South Florida, but he did talk a little about what he noticed in his limited time in Louisiana.

"Well Louisiana has the size, but we are definitely faster down here."

This fall Johnson's size and speed will be utilized mainly on the offensive side of the ball for the Tigers.

"I'm going to play receiver, the X," explain Johnson. "I may play a little bit of safety, but I'm going to play receiver the most with a little punt and kick-off return."

This past weekend Johnson and Ely had a strong performance at the NIKE 7-on-7. Ely fell to eventual champion Miramar in the semi-finals, but Johnson was satisfied with his own performance.

"I performed good, I had a one handed catch. Scored on a post, scored again on a post-corner, so I think I did good."

With a brother currently at LSU and growing up in South Florida, Johnson had a somewhat politically correct answer when asked who his favorite team was.

"The Miami Hurricanes, right now that's my team, but LSU you know is knocking on the door."

Johnson, along with Ely quarterback Michael German, flies to Louisiana July 18 to partake in LSU's football game.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8 wrote:

kill ya self..

miami players are model citizens....last major incident was when willie cooper got shot in the butt but Brandon Merriweather had a license to shoot
back.....funny how espn blew that story up
smh.gif

Actually there was an incident in Tally a couple months ago but it was kept extremely on the hush hush.
laugh.gif
Just don't be surprised if you see somebody suspended for the FSU opener for "undisclosed" reasons.

damn
smh.gif
lol

yea it can but living the life he was living, def. contributed to it...
and I say that with all respect because theres no need to throw dirt on a persons name who passed away but people "know" what happened

tired.gif
yea i know he was living that life....didnt wanna bring it up...
tired.gif

I'd love to think there is more than a 5% chance Sentral comes to UF but there is now way that happens. He could start day 1 at any school he chooses, heis that special.

If Avery's recruitment turns into half the circus PP's was it will make me laugh.

Almost time for FNL and should be some news
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

WHAT!

Debose more talented then Bubba comin outta HS...

Debose will be the BEST FRESHMAN playin College Football this yr.

Nah, that will go to Vontaze Burfict

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I'd love to think there is more than a 5% chance Sentral comes to UF but there is now way that happens. He could start day 1 at any school he chooses, he is that special.

If Avery's recruitment turns into half the circus PP's was it will make me laugh.

pimp.gif

I agree on Seantrel. Though if he comes to FNL I would up our chances a bit..... James Louis is Gator commit #16.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I'd love to think there is more than a 5% chance Sentral comes to UF but there is now way that happens. He could start day 1 at any school he chooses, he is that special.

pimp.gif

I agree on Seantrel. Though if he comes to FNL I would up our chances a bit..... James Louis is Gator commit #16.
Damn, shoulda known we had no chance with James when he backed out of our camp this weekend at the last minute. I thought Leal could maybe swayhim but I don't blame him for going to Fla.

I'm not as high on Louis as others are, I really didn't want us to accept his commitment. There goes another WR spot down and some people will befeeling the squeeze. I really don't like this.

Back
Top Bottom