'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

^ What's good w/ Trey Burton?

lmao @ Cash. Yo, I'm still tripping on how EA Sports left Rennie off the game last year

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

Elite 11 QB's Announced:

http://sports.espn.go.com...nbill_tom&id=4324030

Blake Bell KS (OU)
Joe Boisture MI (MSU)
happy.gif

Robert Bolden MI (PSU)
Devin Gardner MI (UM)
Tyler Bray CA (SDSU)
ohwell.gif

Barry Brunetti TN (WVU)
Jake Heaps WA (BYU)
Austin Hinder CO (Cal)
Nick Montana CA (Wash)
Jesse Scroggins CA (Uncommitted)
Phillip Sims VA (Bama)
Chandler Whitmer IL (UI)

This years Elite 11 is so weak compared to previous years.

dre

I'm hearing you boys might have some new commits after this weekend.
I think LJ is going to be one of them.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Barry Brunetti will be BEAST esp in that WVA system
He gotta overtake Geno first
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

dre

Yep.

This is the time where everyone says there will be a rash of commits.

LJ been at FSU since Saturday.....staying until Wed, then back at FSU Saturday for showtime.

I don't think there is any way he makes it through the week. JMO.

But yeah, Well see
pimp.gif

I'm actually more interested in who's coming to Seminole Showtime this year.

Word is 'you know who
nerd.gif
'is coming back and making an appearance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

The same he's still solid and constantly recruiting for UF. He's still an ATH playing the QB position. A great runner with god awfulpassing mechanics. He's working on that in HS and hopefully he's an EE and can get extra time with Loefler. If (the key word) he figures out his passmechanics and can throw the ball effectively he'll be deadly in Urban's offense.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Barry Brunetti will be BEAST esp in that WVA system
He gotta overtake Geno first
smokin.gif

dre

Yep.

This is the time where everyone says there will be a rash of commits.

LJ been at FSU since Saturday.....staying until Wed, then back at FSU Saturday for showtime.

I don't think there is any way he makes it through the week. JMO.

But yeah, Well see
pimp.gif

I'm actually more interested in who's coming to Seminole Showtime this year.

Word is 'you know who
nerd.gif
' is coming back and making an appearance
pimp.gif
Who is "you know who
nerd.gif
"? (I think I know who it isbut I don't want to guess it)

Who is "you know who
nerd.gif
"? (I think I know who it is but I don't want to guess it)
deion_sanders_47a8939a72f8a.jpg

We'll see though. Some mumbles last year hinted at the same thing, but whatever. Everyone will find out in a couple days.

Oh, and Eduardo is at FSU at the moment too. Timmy Jernigan was up there as well....But he's probably gainesville bound in the end.

Oh, and Ray Drew (2011 kid from GA) got offered.
The same he's still solid and constantly recruiting for UF. He's still an ATH playing the QB position. A great runner with god awful passing mechanics. He's working on that in HS and hopefully he's an EE and can get extra time with Loefler. If (the key word) he figures out his pass mechanics and can throw the ball effectively he'll be deadly in Urban's offense.
Yeah. I read about his performance at the sling -n- shoot. Wasn't too impressive. Dude was like he still looks as if he isn't toocomfortable throwing the rock.

True, that would be huge if Primetime showed his face @ Showtime. If he does he needs to ignore Keion Payne so we can scoop him up.
With Nease's old coach @ Columbia now, Jernigan SHOULD end up with us.

I hope we don't end up with only Trey Burton as the only QB this year. Like dude said above me, Trey could be dangerous if Loefler fixes he throwingmechanics.
We need to go ahead and offer Jamius Gunsby because he's a lot better throwing the loot.

I think I've said this already, but I'm leaving on a vacation on Sept. 5th, so don't come looking for me if Dez puts 250 on that secondary, which Ifully expect him to do.

I might be able to catch part of the game on the in-flight DirecTV, but I'm pretty sure that signal will be lost somewhere over Canada.

I hear the Ole Miss people are tryin to downplay Hardy's foot being reinjured.. I hope this *$**!* accident dont mess up his Sr Yr and foul up his NFLmoney

question: every day i read about a different person defending Bobby saying dont take his wins away, if history was not on the line would anyone be defendinghim?

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

question: every day i read about a different person defending Bobby saying dont take his wins away, if history was not on the line would anyone be defending him?
Doubt it.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Sanford vs. Miami NW is on Sun Sports now.

Debose's GW catch
pimp.gif

I remember watching that game live waiting for him to make a big time play and he did.

Lil Dude for da west made the ILLEST Move on that one screen.. IT WAS SICK! I think he was a Freshman too. I cant remember off hand, anyone remember the playIm tombout, where he scored on like a 30 yard screen?

I was actually wanting us to give Tevin McCaskill an offer until I saw Debose make that catch over him like that.
laugh.gif

And I think you're talking about Wayne times gunna.

U right it was Times. I dunno why I thought he was a Frosh...

off that game and that move he shoulda been a 4 star prospect LOL

KingJames23 wrote:

The same he's still solid and constantly recruiting for UF. He's still an ATH playing the QB position. A great runner with god awful passing mechanics. He's working on that in HS and hopefully he's an EE and can get extra time with Loefler. If (the key word) he figures out his pass mechanics and can throw the ball effectively he'll be deadly in Urban's offense.

Agree on Burton. Dude is not a qb at this point in his career. Call me crazy but I don't think he'll ever see the field as a qb at UF.Brantley will def be the starter for 2010 and 2011. Then prolly have LeMay or Bridgewater for 2012. Good luck to him though.

Bad news for utenn:

[h1]QB Rettig picks Boston College over Vols[/h1]
  • By News Sentinel staff
  • Posted July 13, 2009 at 4:03 p.m. , updated July 13, 2009 at 8:56 p.m.

Tennessee removed another quarterback from its recruiting board on Monday.

Chase Rettig from San Clemente High School in Sierra Madre, Calif., committed to Boston College.

UT was the only other school to offer the 6-foot-4, 200-pound Rettig.

"I felt I didn't need to wait any longer because I felt comfortable with my choice," Rettig told Rivals.com. "BC was the first team to offer me and that showed their commitment to me."

UT will now hope to receive a commitment from Jesse Scroggins of Lakewood (Calif.) High School.

Scroggins, who's considering Southern Cal and Florida, is the only uncommitted quarterback with an offer from UT.

Scroggins plans to announce his college decision on July 25 at the Elite 11 quarterback camp.

UT decided to wait until last week to offer Rettig, despite his strong performance at Tennessee's summer camp on June 2.

A more immediate offer from UT likely would have resulted in a commitment from Rettig.

"I liked Tennessee a lot and I felt I did good there, but I never heard back from them after a few days after the camp," Rettig told Rivals. "I wasn't sure how interested they were after that, but then they offered me right around the time I was thinking about committing to BC.

"It gave me something to think about and both schools are great, but I was already pretty much sold on BC."

UT has been unsuccessful selling itself to several pro-style quarterbacks in the 2010 class.

Blake Bell from Wichita, Kan., committed to Oklahoma. Jake Heaps from Sammamish, Wash., committed to Brigham Young. Andrew Hendrix from Cincinnati committed to Notre Dame.

That leaves Scroggins, who visited UT on June 20.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jul/13/rettig-picks-boston-college-over-vols/

In other news, nation's #1 recruit Seantrel Henderson has named top 3 of UF, USC, and OSU. Could someone post story please? Thanks in advance.
http://florida.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=882&script=content.asp&cid=964371&fid=&tid=&mid= =

laugh.gif
Jan 8th,

and right now, u can expect Rettig to sign with BC.

My Info guy is a Beast

Dude says, UTk gonna turn up the heat on the Rees kid, a ND committ, from Illinois.

also Scroggisn has moved up his early verbal commit day to before the end of July... I dunno, Looks like USC got ANOTHER one...
fingers crossed tho....

WHAT!

Debose more talented then Bubba comin outta HS...

Debose will be the BEST FRESHMAN playin College Football this yr.

Bubba was the number one reciever in the country coming outta HS..

bubba pre broken leg..
sick.gif
i dont think the talented differential is bymuch..

All time receptions leader in UF history also..

It will be interesting tho, Debose has a lot of weight on his shoulders.. people seem to have percy harvin expectations for him.. thats setting yourself up fordisappointment

Back
Top Bottom