09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Andre Ward/Edison Miranda tickets go on sale to the public tommorow
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

If Haye wins and doesn't take the mandatory with Potvekin and instead fights Vlad would he have to relinquish his belts beforehand?
To my understanding, yes he would have to vacate the belt.

Edison Miranda Vows To Knock Andre Ward Out

HOLLYWOOD, FL - No stranger to traveling to his opponent's backyards, Edison Miranda had no problem with taking a fight with Andre Ward on May 16th thatwill be held at the Oracle Arena in Ward's hometown of Oakland, California. In fact, "Pantera" welcomed the opportunity.

"Knocking Ward out in front of his hometown fans will leave no questions from anyone," said Miranda. "He can't blame the water, can'tblame the judges, can't blame the fans, because everything will be in his favor on May 16th. But the only thing he can't control are my fists, and ifhe thinks fighting at home is a dream come true, I'm going to turn that dream into a nightmare soon after the bell rings."

One of the most anticipated bouts of 2009, Miranda, a longtime middleweight and super middleweight contender, will be the stiffest test ever for Ward, anunbeaten 2004 Olympic Gold medalist. And despite Ward's home advantage, Puerto Rican's Miranda has traveled to Germany to face middleweight championArthur Abraham, and most recently went to London to take on Joey Vegas. So leaving home to fight is no problem for him.

"Going to fight in Oakland is no big deal. I have fought all over the world, in 7 different countries" said Miranda. "I hear people sayingAndre Ward is too skillful for me to handle. Skillful against who? I give him all the credit in the world for taking home the gold. But he has been actinglike he is still in the amateurs with these cherry picked opponents he has been fighting. Andre, I am no amateur. When you step in that ring I am going toinitiate you into the big leagues. You gotta walk before you run, and with me you will find out you ran to quick. I'm a real fighter and I'm going toshow him that on May 16th."

The 12-rounder for Ward's North American Boxing Organization (NABO) and North American Boxing Federation (NABF) Super Middleweight titles will be thefeatured bout on a Special Edition of ShoBox: The New Generation on SHOWTIME (9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast).

The May 16 event will originate from the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., and will be promoted by Goossen Tutor Promotions in association with Antonio LeonardProductions. Tickets go on sale this Saturday, April 18. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. PT. The first non-televised fight is at 5 p.m. PT.

"Puerto Rican's Miranda"

????

isnt he Colombian?

Andre Ward's going to sleep. at least he'll be close to his home and his people should be able to get to the hospital without the Garmin

^^^That's what I thought, but while i was reading I just figured i had it wrong. I just did a wiki check and it says he's Colombian.

I have 'Dre winning suprisingly via TKO.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

"Puerto Rican's Miranda"

????

isnt he Colombian?

Andre Ward's going to sleep. at least he'll be close to his home and his people should be able to get to the hospital without the Garmin
He stays reppin' Puerto Rico though
laugh.gif

pacman bobble head doll

GHI-BobbleHead-1.jpg

him wearing a Giants jersey
sick.gif
First he jumps on the Celtics bandwagon,now this... he's doing a good job trying to get me to cheer against him
laugh.gif

^^ Cool. I was just reading today that they were still pretty far apart on weight so this(if true)is good news.

Gunna- no comment on Gamboa's fade?

Originally Posted by el producto79

^^ Cool. I was just reading today that they were still pretty far apart on weight so this(if true)is good news.

Gunna- no comment on Gamboa's fade?

Nah. I be in Miami too much, dont want it gettin back to homie
laugh.gif

Seriously, I dont think Ive ever seen a Boxer ever in my life, with this skil lset of power and speed. Gamboa might have the fastest feet in the ring too.
UnReAL
and he throws NO JABS

bad swelling on Rojas.

Gamboa outboxed Rojas easy win for Gamboa. Chris John vs Gamboa who you like?

Yeah the rematch is going to happen first and Rocky needed to do just a little more to win convincingly, but I was impressed with John in that fight.

im watching the replay now

gamboa throws NO JABS what so ever

gamboa was just out there getting ring work he could of ended it much early

Back
Top Bottom