09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Anybody got a .gif of Paul hitting Winky with that Dhalsim punch?
eek.gif

That had to be one of the craziest punches I have ever seen. $@!% had me trippin.

I thought last nights 24/7 episode was clean. 24/7's have always been good, but it seemed like they stepped up their production for this installment.

Paul been doin that punch for yrs. He did that to Margarito. I was callin it the And1 punch
laugh.gif

I'll make a gif out of it soon.
I put the fight on DVD last nite

pimp.gif
Watching it again...

I think people need to realize that Paul's greatest strength is his conditioning. He is NOT a knockout puncher, so he has to expect to go into the laterrounds if he's fighting a top opponent. You'd think he'd tire himself out with the amount of punches he throws BUT...dude goes HARD (nh) for damnnear every round.

Having such a high workrate is also his downfall, though. Paul has a habit of 1. pulling back before a punch and 2. leaving himself wide open when throwing,that worked against Winky because he had no pop AT ALL. Winky landed some hard ### shots on Paul's chin within the first 2 rounds and he just walked rightthrough him. That WOULD NOT work against Pavlik or a boxer with "sneaky power" (Mosley).

I think last night's performance easily puts Paul in the top 5 or 6 on the P4P list.

EDIT: I need any avy from the 2nd Quintana fight
ohwell.gif

Just noticed our top 2 boxers are the same in the Team Boxing sigs
pimp.gif

Pretty surprising list to be honest.

Only reason I have Pac-Man at #1 is because he "beat" JMM twice on record. IMO, he lost both fights.

I don't think anybody has looked better than JMM in the past 2 years...period.

Mosley is #3 after dominating Margacheato.

Bernard Hopkins at #4...no reason needed.

I would've put Cotto before Williams but Paul beat 'Tonio, Miguel didn't (
frown.gif
Even though he boxed his %+! off for 8 rounds that night)

Punisher dominated. I watched this +**# at the bar screaming at the TV and Winky
laugh.gif
wasn't even close. Pun's got my respect now Jay I'm not goingagainst the kid anymore.

But # 2 P4P? I don't know about all that kid.

I'd have it Manny, JMM, Bernard, Mosley and then Paul.

The perfect fight would be whoever wins Cotto/Clottey to fight Paul. Just want to see him put work and fight the best of 3 divisions.

The Underarm Uppercut (sounds like some dunk contest move) was crazy , Yeah Winky just couldnt keep up Paul threw fluent punches from all angles all night .Any other guy Winky has a shot to beat them , So Proshares you put Mosely and Paul over Vazquez and Raffy ? But I dont think Paul can comfortably make 147anymore he looks like he is filling into that frame and we have all seen what happens to guys stretching to make a lower weight most time its hurts them . Butanybody he fights will have a hard time

Originally Posted by mextra45

So Proshares you put Mosely and Paul over Vazquez and Raffy ?
Yea I mean Shane beat the supposed king of the welterweights and Paul is just mowing people down. Inactivity is what's dropping Vasquez andMarquez.

JMM trainer says talks between him and money may have stalled over weight. JMM wants 135 and nothing higher then 140 and u know mayweather ant going down past147. its stupid if u ask me for JMM to call Mayweather out and think he wouldnt have to move up in weight

Very stupid. If u callin someone out, that pretty much means u ready to see them at their weight.
JMM was just talkin to talk I see.

Aw man I just know floyd was gonna come out in all mexican drobe for that fight too
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Mayweather wasnt going to take that fight regardless. IMO, he's looking at PacMan and Cotto if they win, or even Mosley if Cotto and Pac loses. I dont seehim fighting Hatton again.

Yeah i think that was Winkys girl . JMM was trying to draw in Manny by calling out Floyd that fight wasnt going to happen . Thats Understandable Proshares butyou can throw out 2 of Pauls wins they where over bums But the Quintana KO was good and the winky win was great . Maybe I would put them right be hime Izzy andRaffy Cause they fought each other 3 times in a row

1710_178.jpg

Very stupid. If u callin someone out, that pretty much means u ready to see them at their weight.
JMM was just talkin to talk I see.

That's what I'm saying, even tho JMM said that just to sneak diss Pac. But ain't no way Floyd is/can be fighting at 140. Maybe at a catch weight at143-145. I'd love to see the fight tho and it would be beneficial for both fighters if it happened. I think Floyd's return would attract PPV buys andJMM being Mexico's best fighter would bring fans to fill the venue. Big money right there.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Really, Gunna?

What's your top 5?

1. Pac-Man
2. JMM
3. Mosley
4. Hopkins
5. Williams
6. Cotto

mine....

1.Pacman
2.Punisher
3.JMM
4.Cotto
5.Mosely

Yall boyz are leavin out Chad Dawson? He's really avoided. B-Hop is my favorite fighter, but he is even dodging Chad.

Dont know if there has ever been a thread, but does anyone else think Joe Calzaghe is wack for saying he's going out on TOP?
eyes.gif
Is he REALLLLY????

Nah, I aint forget about Bad Chad,
Chad did some avoiding of his own. and Imma a huge fan. He sure wasnt in a rush to give Glenn Johnson that re-match

True that on the Glenn rematch. He didnt want it. I actually had Glenn winning their fight.

Back
Top Bottom