09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Throwin' shots at Floyd?
laugh.gif

Nah, that was at Calzaghe

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

real talk i had no idea that winky packed NO POWER at all or is PW chine that good?

my only scare of PW at that weight is no KO power when he fights the bigger boys
Both. I mean jesus, Since April of 1999, Winky has ONEstoppage in all that time. However, PW has always bragged about his chin, and always seems to have taken shots pretty well. Walter Mathysse is hot garbage butheavy handed, and paul ate those. He did a pretty good job takin Margarito's bricks when they fought. I don't know if his chin will be as granite at160, but i'll give him teh benefit of the doubt until i see otherwise.

Yup. Paul Chin is Solid.

Paul feels Calzaghe is a W for him and bigger $$$.
theres a vid on Ring magazine where he talks about wantin Calzslappy to come outta retirement

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Sometimes I strongly dislike larry merchant
The man was damn near tears and that makes you dislike him?

Dude, you're a tool...

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Pauls punch rate is insane

Pretty Much
pimp.gif
. The other dudes at '47 need to step up, otherwise Ican't see where they can call themselves champions if they aren't willing to fight the best. Just my opinion though...

Like ...do yall realize what Paul just did.

He just shut out a Hall of fame boxer. I mean, it wasnt even close.

Tell me who under a 154 lbs would wanna fight Paul

cus aint no one from 147-154 tryin to get in the ring with him.

We'll see if Pun was really serious about fightin pavlik or BHop, cus He aint gettin no welterweight fights

This was a great performance by Paul, but this fight will make him even more avoided by everyone.

This Thrilla in Manila documentary really makes Muhammed Ali out to be a coward on so many different levels.

Great documentary though. My grandfather told me countless stories of the actual fight since he was there to witness it live.

It would be great for the Philippines to get a blockbuster fight again, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Like ...do yall realize what Paul just did.

He just shut out a Hall of fame boxer. I mean, it wasnt even close.

Tell me who under a 154 lbs would wanna fight Paul

cus aint no one from 147-154 tryin to get in the ring with him.

We'll see if Pun was really serious about fightin pavlik or BHop, cus He aint gettin no welterweight fights

HOLD UP NOW

u think winky is a HOF boxer?

^^^Winky can make a case for the HOF. Wins over HOFers Shane Mosely (twice) and Tito helps his case. IMO, he falls one major victory short of the hall.

Easy night for Punisher tonight. Like others said, He will be even more avoided now.

Great performance from Williams. It looked like Wright was going to give him a fight after that first round. Williams did what I expected and moreoffensively but he also did a great job of neutralizing Wright's offense which really made the difference.

If he stays at middleweight I'm not sure who I'd pick if he fought Pavlik but I think he would embarrass Abraham.

The Thrila documentary was really interesting. Kinda sad to see the hostility still there (Joe's cell phone voicemail
smh.gif
), although it's certainly understandable from Joe's perspective.

Back
Top Bottom