09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Am I the only 1 watching this??...Paul Willams is looking he's gonna take a L tonight

[h3]09 Boxing Thread:: Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez 12/5/09 HBO[/h3]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Chavez surely is a doodoo....looking forward to this weekend...peeped the Khan Salita "fight" that boy surely was talking !@** beforehand, imjus upset they had to say the boy was from BK...
smh.gif
made NYC especially BK look real bad with that performance, 1st solid punch landed by Khan and that boyfolded like EliteXC
smh.gif

[h2]Cotto faces sexual harassment lawsuit[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- A former employee of Miguel Cotto filed a sexual harassment lawsuit seeking more than $500,000 from Puerto Rico's most popular boxer.

The lawsuit by Martha Chacon Acevedo argues that Cotto made unwanted romantic advances when she worked as an administrator of a residential property owned by the fighter in this U.S. Caribbean territory.

It says Chacon, a Venezuelan, gave in to Cotto's advances over two months out of fear of losing her job, and was fired in October 2008 after breaking off the relationship.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. district court in San Juan on Aug. 24. It was not reported until this week when Cotto's family released a statement dismissing it as "frivolous, empty and a total fabrication."

"We are going to leave everything in our lawyers' hands and everything will be resolved in court," Miguel Cotto Carrasquillo, the fighter's father, said in a written statement late Monday.

Cotto lost the WBO welterweight crown to Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas last month when the referee stopped the fight in the 12th round.

[h2]Source: 'Boys may have to offer $15M[/h2]
By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- Boxing promoter Bob Arum said he's coming to Arlington on Wednesday to meet with Dallas Cowboys officials and listen to their proposal about bringing the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao megafight to Cowboys Stadium.

Arum will be joined by Mayweather's promoter, Richard Schaefer, and HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg.

"We'll see what we see there," Arum said regarding his visit. "We're making the trip on our own dime to see what they have to offer."

The fight is scheduled for March 13, and Arum would like to make a decision on the fight site by Monday.

Cowboys officials declined comment. However, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the Cowboys "haven't dropped out of anything."

A source close to the talks said the Cowboys might have to offer close to $15 million as a site fee and possibly split the live gate to get the bout.

Arum said he would not discuss how much a venue would need to pay to get the fight. The largest site fee for a bout was $12.5 million promoters paid for the June 8, 2002 heavyweight title fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson at the Pyramid Arena in Memphis.

Arum said several venues have stepped forward to host one of the biggest fights in years. He said he received a letter from The Republic of Congo about hosting the fight. New Orleans, Las Vegas and Miami have also expressed interest. Miami Dolphins officials told Arum that they would like to hold the fight at Land Shark Stadium.

Las Vegas seems to be the favorite to host the bout, but Arum and Schaefer are willing to listen to offers from other sites.

If Cowboys Stadium hosted the fight, seating capacity could reach 100,000. For the Cowboys home opener on Sept. 20, the team announced an attendance of 105,121. A bulk of those seats were in the standing-room only section on the upper level behind each end zone.

For a boxing match, stadium seating would be on the football field surrounding the ring in addition to the lower and upper bowls.

The fighters have agreed in principle to terms of the fight, but formal negotiations are not yet complete.

Having a big fight in Texas is not usual. Former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali defended his title three times at the Astrodome in Houston and fought there four times overall.

Julio Cesar Chavez beat Pernell Whitaker in a close fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio in 1993. Retired star Oscar De La Hoya fought Patrick Charpentier in the Sun Bowl in El Paso, where over 45,000 fans attended in 1998.

In recent years, Las Vegas has hosted some of the biggest fights in recent memory.

The biggest gate in boxing history was the $18.4 million in tickets sold for Mayweather's victory over De La Hoya in 2007 at the MGM Grand Arena.

Boxing promoters, however, believe the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight could break that mark, especially if it's in a venue that can seat close to 100,000 people.

[h2]Lopez, 12 others to be enshrined in '10[/h2]
Associated Press

Editor's note: ESPN.com boxing writer Dan Rafael is one of the electors in the modern category of the International Boxing Hall of Fame. Voters can make up to 10 selections. Rafael voted for four fighters, Naseem Hamed, Lloyd Marshall, Jung-Koo Chang and Myung Woo Huh.

CANASTOTA, N.Y. -- Danny "Little Red" Lopez always had one thing going for him when he entered a boxing ring -- his punishing right hand.

"He was a puncher," former Associated Press boxing writer Ed Schuyler Jr. said.

Was he ever.

In a 10-year professional featherweight career, Lopez went 42-6 with 39 knockouts, a resume that has landed him in the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

"I'm real happy and I feel pretty good," said Lopez, who followed his brother Ernie into the ring, learning the sweet science in Orem, Utah, at the age of 16 before turning pro in 1971 and beginning his career with 21 straight knockouts.

The 57-year-old Lopez heads the 13-member class of 2010 announced Tuesday.

Among the other living inductees voted in by the Boxing Writers Association are light flyweight champ Jung-Koo Chang, the first South Korean boxer to make the Hall of Fame; manager Shelly Finkel; referee and commissioner Larry Hazzard; German promoter Wilfried Sauerland; matchmaker Bruce Trampler; and Schuyler, the longtime AP boxing writer.

Posthumous honorees to be enshrined on June 13 include light heavyweight Lloyd Marshall; featherweight champion Young Corbett II; lightweight champion Rocky Kansas; heavyweight contender Billy Miske; broadcaster Howard Cosell; and Paddington Tom Jones.

After losing in a ninth-round knockout to Bobby Chacon on May 24, 1974, Lopez rebounded with wins over Chucho Castillo, Ruben Olivares, Sean O'Grady and Art Hafey before challenging Davey Kotey in 1976 for the WBC featherweight championship in Kotey's African homeland of Ghana.

In front of 122,000 fans, Lopez, spurred by fans from the American embassy, won the title in a 15-round decision. A string of eight successful title defenses followed, including a sixth-round knockout of Kotey and a 15th-round KO of Mike Ayala in 1979.

Lopez's title run ended in 1980 when Salvador Sanchez knocked him out in the 13th round. After Sanchez knocked him out again in their rematch, Lopez retired, though he fought one more time.

Lopez said his most memorable moment came in a 1975 fight against Olivares.

"He was going back and he hit me with a shot, knocked me down," Lopez said. "I was getting back up and he thought I was hurt. He came in to knock me out and I hit him with a straight right hand."

Schuyler covered more than 300 world championships for the AP and figures he was ringside for about 6,000 fights.

"I'm pleased," he said. "I can't say I expected it. I would once in a while think it would be nice, but to say I expected it, no, I can't say that."

Among the favorite bouts he covered, Schuyler listed the first and third Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier fights, Ali's "Rumble in the Jungle" against George Foreman, Sugar Ray Leonard-Thomas Hearns, Marvelous Marvin Hagler-Roberto Duran, the first Alexis Arguello-Aaron Pryor fight and the 1976 Olympic finals in Montreal, where the United States won five gold medals and beat the Cubans head-to-head three times.

There were countless others that didn't quite fit the bill.

"I'll tell you one thing, I saw a lot of bad fights. Wow!" Schuyler, 74, said with his trademark bellowing laugh. "It is nice to know that I'm going to be in the Hall with so many of the fighters I covered, fighters who made the sport great -- Leonard, [Larry] Holmes, Ali, Duran. It's a great feeling that your work is being honored, plus it is even nicer for me knowing I am going in as a wire service guy."

Although he was not at the Ali-Frazier "Thrilla in Manila" or "Rumble in the Jungle," Cosell was a champion of the sport. He stood by Ali when Ali was stripped of his heavyweight title and forced into a three-year retirement because of his refusal to serve in the military in Vietnam.

Cosell, one of the first to call him Ali when the fighter changed his name from Cassius Clay, gained fame for his colorful calls of Ali's fights and his often outrageous interviews with the champion, including one that led to a studio scuffle between Ali and Frazier.

"Howard Cosell was a good man and he lived a good life," Ali told the AP in an interview after Cosell's death in 1995. "I have been interviewed by many people, but I enjoyed interviews with Howard the best. We always put on a good show. I hope to meet him one day in the hereafter. I can hear Howard now saying, 'Muhammad, you're not the man you used to be.'"

"This is a tremendous honor for my grandfather," said Jared Cohane, a grandson of Cosell. "If he were alive, he'd be very proud. My grandfather had a deep love and passion for boxing and a deep caring and concern for the men who boxed."

1. Wladimir Klitschko (53-3)

Klitschko hasn't fought since a ruthless destruction of Ruslan Chagaev in June because of a left shoulder injury that required surgery. But Klitschko is on the road to recovery and will next face one of his mandatory challengers, slick American Eddie Chambers in Germany. If Klitschko's shoulder is good to go, the target date is March 20.
Next: TBA vs. Chambers.

3. Alexander Povetkin (18-0)

In his first fight with new trainer Teddy Atlas, Povetkin smashed Leo Nolan for a third-round knockout on Dec. 5 to stay on course for a long-awaited mandatory title shot against Wladimir Klitschko, which ought to come next summer.
Next: TBA.

7. Samuel Peter (32-3)

With the talk of a an interim title bout against Povetkin dead, the former titleholder will return for another stay-busy fight on the untelevised portion of Top Rank's Kelly Pavlik-Miguel Espino pay-per-view card.
Next: Dec. 19 vs. TBA.

1. Tomasz Adamek (39-1)

The champ tried heavyweight and destroyed Polish countryman Andrew Golota, dropping him twice en route to an impressive fifth-round knockout on Oct. 24. So excited by the performance, Adamek decided to take another heavyweight fight in Newark, N.J., against light-punching Jason Estrada (16-2), a 2004 U.S. Olympian. Adamek may have seen his last days at cruiserweight unless Bernard Hopkins wants to fight him.
Next: Feb. 6 vs. Estrada.

2. Steve Cunningham (22-2)

Mandatory challenger Cunningham will fight for a belt in early 2010. However, it won't be against Adamek, who vacated his alphabet title. Instead, Cunningham likely will face Matt Godfrey.

2. Bernard Hopkins (50-5-1)

In his first fight at home in Philadelphia since 2003, the old man looked good dismantling rugged Enrique Ornelas for a lopsided decision Dec. 2. On the downside, Roy Jones Jr. got knocked out in the first round by Danny Green earlier in the day, ruining a planned Jones-Hopkins rematch for March. But don't worry about Hopkins. He'll get another big fight, perhaps against Dawson, cruiserweight champ Tomasz Adamek or super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute.

4. Glen Johnson (49-13-2)

After losing a decision to Dawson in a Nov. 7 rematch, even Johnson couldn't complain about the scoring, which he loudly did after their first fight. Next up, Johnson could face Germany's Karo Murat (20-0) in a title eliminator with the winner getting a shot at titlist Tavoris Cloud.

6. Adrian "The Shark" Diaconu (26-1)

Diaconu lost his belt to Pascal in June via unanimous decision in one of the biggest fights in Montreal history. It was such a sensational fight that they're doing it again. Shameless plug: You can watch it live on ESPN360.com.
Next: Dec. 11 vs. Pascal.

2. Paul Williams (38-1).

In a serious fight of the year candidate on Dec. 5, Williams followed up his lopsided decision win against Winky Wright in April to eke out a majority decision against junior middleweight titlist Sergio Martinez in a truly great fight. Both men were down in the first round and never let up in a back-and-forth brawl that calls for a rematch at some point.

1. Sergio Martinez (44-2-2)

Martinez stepped up to middleweight to tangle with the man nobody wants to face, Paul Williams, on Dec. 5 and gave as good as he got. It was a sensational fight. Although Martinez dropped a majority decision that easily could have gone his way, he showed that he is one of the best fighters in the world. If there's no immediate rematch with Williams, which appears unlikely, Martinez will probably defend his title in the spring.

2. Sergei Dzindziruk (36-0)

Dzindziruk, mired in promotional problems with Universum, would like to begin fighting in the United States. But first he has to work out his promoter situation.

10. Carlos Quintana (27-2)

Quintana, who handed Paul Williams his only pro loss (but was knocked out in the first round of the rematch), ended a 14-month layoff by stopping game Jesse Feliciano on cuts in the third round on the Dec. 5 Williams-Martinez undercard. It was Quintana's second junior middleweight fight in a row, although he could return to welterweight for the right fight.

2. Manny Pacquiao (50-3-2)

The Filipino icon made boxing history on Nov. 14 by knocking out Miguel Cotto in the 12th round of an excellent fight to claim a welterweight title. Pacquiao became the first fighter to win titles in seven weight divisions, a most impressive accomplishment, even in an era of title proliferation. Surprisingly, the super-duper-mega showdown the world wants to see, Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr., has come together quickly.
Next: March 13 vs. Mayweather.

3. Floyd Mayweather (40-0)

The former champ ended a 21-month layoff by whitewashing lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19. To Mayweather's credit, he came to terms for the mega fight with Pacquiao very quickly. It's going to be a monster promotion and hopefully a great fight.
Next: March 13 vs. Pacquiao.

5. Joshua Clottey (35-3)

Clottey got dissed badly twice by HBO, which reneged on decisions to air Mosley-Clottey on Dec. 26 and then Clottey-Carlos Quintana on Dec. 5. To make up for it, HBO promised to put Clottey back on in early 2010. One match being discussed is against rising prospect Mike Jones (19-0). That's a very intriguing fight.

3. Amir Khan (22-1)

In his first title defense, England's Khan electrified the hometown crowd on Dec. 5, needing just 76 seconds to score three knockdowns and blow away overmatched and undeserving mandatory challenger Dmitriy Salita. Although Khan was expected to romp past Salita, it was still an impressive display of punching. Khan could be coming to America for his next fight.

4. Kendall Holt (25-3)

There's a chance the former titlist, idle since losing his belt to Bradley in April, could face former lightweight titlist Nate Campbell (33-5-1) in a title eliminator.

5. Devon Alexander (19-0)

One fight under discussion for the 22-year-old titleholder is a March 6 fight on HBO against Marcos Maidana, who holds an interim belt. It's a classic boxer (Alexander) vs. puncher (Maidana) matchup. Good fight. Let's hope it happens.

2. Juan Diaz (35-2)

The former unified titlist will meet former junior welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi at 139 pounds in a rematch of Diaz's controversial decision win on Aug. 22. This time the fight will be in Chicago instead of Diaz's hometown of Houston, which means Diaz won't have the benefit of Texas judge Gale Van Hoy filling in his scorecard before the fight starts.
Next: Dec. 12 vs. Malignaggi.

[h6]Tim (Pittsburgh,PA)[/h6]

Paulie, what do you feel you have to do in this fight to put no doubt in the judges minds that you won?
[h6]Paulie Malignaggi[/h6]
[h6] (4:02 PM)[/h6]

Just do what I did last fight, but at a more consistent level. I think the committee will have no doubt for sure. I think the last fight I was not consistent.

[h6]Peter (San Antonio)[/h6]

Obviously you were robbed the first time...are you going for the knockout this time? And keep speaking your mind!!!
[h6] (4:03 PM)[/h6]

I'm going to adapt to what's in front of me. If I get the feeling that I could stop him, I will go for it. We'll go from Round 1 and see what happens in the end. I believe that I'm so sharp right now that a KO is not out of the realm of possibility.

[h6]joe gibbons (albuquerque nm)[/h6]

how will you approach this second fight, since you got robbed in the first one, are you going to have a differant fight stargady?
[h6] (4:04 PM)[/h6]

It's just business as usual. It's not my first picnic, so to speak. I've fought guys before early in my career and as an amateur that I had fought before. I'm just putting in my work and beating him convincingly this time, so there is no doubt.

[h6]Dan and jen (Chicago, IL)[/h6]

Me and my girlfriend are huge fans of you paulie!Besides speed, what is an advantage you have over Juan Diaz?p.swill be at your fight! goodluck!
[h6] (4:05 PM)[/h6]

My reflexes. My ability to adapt to what's in front of me. I don't believe Diaz has the ability to adjust. My reflexes and natural abilities are better than his. And, honestly, I think I have a better trainer.

[h6]Tony Signoret (Palm Springs)[/h6]

After reviewing the first fight with Diaz, what did you see in yourself that you didn't do well and how are you going to adjust?
[h6] (4:06 PM)[/h6]

Early on, I basically altered rounds. I had to slow the pace down early in the fight. I basically fought every other round. I don't think it was anything he did the first time around.

[h6]David (Houston)[/h6]

I believe you got totally robbed in the last fight and i worry now good fighters will never want to come to houston again. Anyway i wanted to ask how are your hands holding up these days?
[h6] (4:06 PM)[/h6]

My hands are good. It was just some slight bruising. I can deal with some bruising. It's natural. If you punch someone for 12 rounds, you'll deal with bruising. But I'll take that with a smile on my face.

[h6]Michael Carpenter Harris (Charleston West Virginia)[/h6]

How many miles are you running a day in preparation for this fight?
[h6] (4:07 PM)[/h6]

I alternate 6 miles one day, 3 miles one day and off the next. With the three miles, I run with weights in my hands. My conditioning was never an issue. I have been working with a strength trainer. I don't worry about conditioning at all.

[h6]Mark (Florida)[/h6]

What do you see as Diaz's biggest weakness in the ring- and how are you going to use it against him?
[h6] (4:08 PM)[/h6]

The fact that he's one-dimensional. He walks into a lot of punches. But he's basically fighting to my style. You have a guy specializing in fighting going back and fighting going forward. Whoever is the best at their style wins.

[h6]jack (los angeles)[/h6]

Paulie, anything special planned for your entrance?
[h6] (4:09 PM)[/h6]

No, just a regular entrance. I don't see boxing as much fun as it used to be. That stuff I don't see as exciting as it used to be, ring entrances and stuff like that.

[h6]sidney cello (Los Angeles,CA)[/h6]

what's up Paulie? Mayweather vs Pacquiao, who you picking??
[h6] (4:10 PM)[/h6]

I root for Floyd, but my comments about Pacquiao have made a splash. About how I don't think he's done this naturally. I'll be rooting for Floyd, but if nothing changes, I think Pacquiao wins.

[h6]Brian (San Diego, CA)[/h6]

Hey Palie. Since there's been alot of obsurd scores from judges recently, are you worried about something like that happening again for this fight? Oh and good luck.
[h6] (4:11 PM)[/h6]

It is always in your back of your mind. You can't really get too caught up in that too much because it could take away from your mental focus. I don't have any complaints about who the officials are going into this fight. It doesn't seem as bad as the first time. We'll see what happens.

[h6]Victor (Downey, Cali)[/h6]

What does a win against Diaz mean? Can we forecast a tie breaker or do you have someone else in radar whom you want to fight?
[h6] (4:12 PM)[/h6]

Ultimately, if I had it my way, I'd go on to other things. If I win on Saturday night, in my mind I'll have two wins over him. The only reason I took the fight was because of the controversy around the first fight. I'll move on to other things. I just want an opportunity to get other things. Alexander, Bradley, they have title belts. The opportunities are endless.

[h6]Brad (Detroit)[/h6]

How would you rate Baby Bull's punching power, compared to some of the other guys you have recently tangled with? Can he do anything in the ring to hurt you, or is it more about just boxing your fight?
[h6] (4:13 PM)[/h6]

Juan Diaz is one of the better fighters I've fought. His punching power, he might be one of the two or three lightest punchers I've fought.

[h6]B (Boston)[/h6]

Are your trunks going to stay up this time?
[h6] (4:13 PM)[/h6]

My trunks will stay up this time!

[h6]Cameron (memphis, tn)[/h6]

Paulie, great heart and determination against Diaz, you clearly out boxed him last fight and will look for you to do the same in a neutral setting this Saturday. If you could choose one fight to fight again who would it be, the Cotto fight or Hatton?
[h6] (4:14 PM)[/h6]

The Hatton fight absolutely. The Cotto fight was a tough fight for me, always will be. But the Hatton fight, I am convinced I could make that an easy fight for me.

[h6]joe (fresno, ca)[/h6]

any inside word on punch-out two and did you do anything different preparing for this fight as opposed to the first one with diaz
[h6] (4:15 PM)[/h6]

The main thing we did was we sparred this time around. The last time I had an injury and couldn't spar.

[h6]Michael Carpenter Harris (Charleston WV)[/h6]

If Paulie Malignaggi could fight one boxer on earth who would it be? Could you beat them and how would you do so?
[h6] (4:15 PM)[/h6]

Rickey Hatton. That's the guy I want more than anything else.

[h6] (4:17 PM)[/h6]

I just want to thank all my fans supporting me especially for this rematch. I think the fans are a big part of why HBO got me this rematch. My skills helped me get this rematch, my mouth helped get me this rematch, but without you, I wouldn't have gotten this rematch.

Magic Man
URL]

"Julio Cesar Chavez beat Pernell Whitaker in a close fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio in 1993" This is False it was a BS draw Sweet P gotstraight up ROBBED and the world knew it . Good to see Jung Koo Chang get in he has been on the Ballot for a long time . Myumg Woo Huh should be in there toobut smaller asian fighters didnt get seen very much which hurts them .

[h2]Golden Boy CEO pulls out of tour[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

For unspecified reasons, Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is out of the running to host the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather super fight, Top Rank's Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

Arum, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who will co-promote the nearly finalized fight, and HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg were supposed to meet with Cowboys officials at the stadium on Wednesday for a tour of the facility and to talk with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about a site fee for the fight.

However, Arum said he received a call from Schaefer on Tuesday night canceling the trip.

"Richard called me last night and said he won't go to Texas," Arum said. "And I told him to call Ross and tell him. And then I called Ross and said, 'You don't want me to go if he's not going. If Jerry Jones offers me money for the fight what is Pacquiao going to do? Go in the ring alone?' Schaefer just said, 'I'm not going to Texas. I'm not going to do the fight in Texas. I'm not going to waste my time.' That's the explanation."

Arum said he asked why and Schaefer's response was, "'The fight is March 13 and there isn't enough time to do a fight at an outdoor stadium.' It's bizarre, but that's what he said. I reminded him [that the stadium has a retractable roof]. He said it doesn't matter. I am not going to theorize. I'm just telling you what happened."

The Cowboys declined to comment when reached by ESPNDallas.com on Wednesday.

Arum, who turned 78 on Tuesday, was having a dinner party for his birthday at his Las Vegas home and was planning to leave at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.

"I was planning to get up early and then the bombshell happened," Arum said. "Richard called and that's where we are. He may have a real good reason why he wouldn't consider Dallas. The reason he gave me, frankly, makes no sense. Maybe he has another reason that he didn't articulate it to me. But we had airline tickets booked and the three of us planned to rendezvous in Dallas and then go out to the stadium."

Jones is interested in bringing big events to his new stadium -- which could seat as many as 100,000 for a fight -- and landing Pacquiao-Mayweather was one he had in mind.

Greenburg, who was in his office in New York when reached Wednesday, had no comment. The fight will be televised on HBO PPV.

Schaefer wouldn't address the reasons he called off the trip to Texas, telling ESPN.com, "This is a fight our side wants and we are working very hard to finalize it. The next time you hear from us is when we have a signed deal or the negotiations have fallen apart. I want to get a deal done and once a deal is done then we will be available for comments. Until then, there is no comment from our side."

There has been interest from other venues, including the Superdome in New Orleans, although Las Vegas, specifically the MGM Grand, is believed to be the front-runner to host what many believe will be the richest fight in boxing history. The MGM, which has a close relationship with Golden Boy and Top Rank, has hosted several Pacquiao and Mayweather bouts, including their most recent fights -- Mayweather's shutout decision of Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19 and Pacquiao's 12th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14.

The Miami Dolphins are also interested in hosting the fight at Land Shark Stadium, going so far as to send out e-mails to their season-ticket holders to gauge their interest in buying tickets for the event.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com.

like i have said from day 1 this fight is going down in vegas. since the MGM grand doesnt hold much why dont they do it at the Thomas and Mack center? it holdslike 20K+

peeped that prince/flushing flash fight last night...
laugh.gif
how ironic to see it posted in here today...great fight...prince hadn't been in that much troubleother than the Barrera fight.....i was pulling for kevin...jus couldn't hold true to form and box...that left hand was a monster for the prince

Staples Center has made a guaranteed $20-million offer to host the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight that has been verbally agreed to be fought March 13.

"This is the biggest boxing event ever, and we're prepared to step up in a big way," said Dan Beckerman, AEG's chief financial officer. Beckerman said his pitch to Mayweather promoter Richard Schaefer and Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum is to "activate the entire L.A. Live campus" on fight week

state taxes wont allow it to be in LA, PBF ant paying that crap and money hungery Arum wouldn't want to pay that crap also
laugh.gif

the only reason they looking around is because Vegas has no big Venue. i guess New Orleans has a chance cause they offer everything out of the bring that vegasdoes,party scene,gambling etc, etc, etc,

Several reliable sources have informed BoxingScene.com that former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell is close to signing a promotional deal with Golden Boy. I've heard rumblings that a deal has been reached between Golden Boy, Campbell's advisor Terry Trekas and Campbell's former promoter Don King.

Campbell and King have been feuding and negotiating a buyout for the past few months. From what I understand, King will likely receive a six-figure buyout and in return he hands Campbell an early release. The deal between Campbell and Golden Boy could be finalized by next week.

When reached for comment about his fighter signing with Golden Boy, or how the signing would affect next week's purse bid for Campbell vs. Kendall Holt, Trekas refused to disclose any details at the present.

"I don't really want to comment on anything right now. I would assume that [Golden Boy CEO] Richard [Schaefer] will be releasing a statement some time next week," Trekas said

campbell will fit right in with quitters ortiz and oscar

After all the mess he's talked about Oscar, and GBP?

That goes to show you, at the end of the day...money talks.

Diaz/Paulie will have more back and forth action with Diaz being aggressive and Paulie being a good coutnerpuncher and willing to trade at times.Bradley/Peterson will be more of a technical boxing match. Two very good coutnerpunchers and all around boxers. Whichever one floats your boat. I'm a bigPaulie fan so I'll be tuning in to HBO.

Anyone know where I can watch Pascal v. Diaconu? Read Rafael's blog and it wont be up on ESPN360 because of some #$++. Appreciate the info.

Back
Top Bottom