09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

still not impressed by Ward, when he runs into aguy who can box, I dunno

enough with the

pg2_g_parry_400.jpg

tho
laugh.gif

Let me see now, Julio is done as an elite fighter, Miranda is done as an elite fighter, Torres may be on his way out as an elite fighter. Damn, looks likeUrango and Prescott are the only hopes left at the moment.

Urango
pimp.gif

Arreola looking like he ate a group of people before the fight goddamn.

Monta looking real dumb back there
laugh.gif

CAN'T WAIT FOR JULY 11TH. VICKY D TAKING ANOTHER SEAT.

They just completely disrespected my boy King Kong by not showing him once in that little preview
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Let me see now, Julio is done as an elite fighter, Miranda is done as an elite fighter, Torres may be on his way out as an elite fighter. Damn, looks like Urango and Prescott are the only hopes left at the moment.

We know you love the Colombians
laugh.gif
But Julio was never an elite fightergood prospect nothing more , Miranda wasnt elite either had some fun and exciting moments but he lost every world class fight he had . Elite fighters can domore than punch

Ward was very good tonight did pretty much what ever he wanted yeah he held a bit towards the end but it worked for him . Now lets see who they put him in withsince Miranda is now a stepping stone/gatekeeper
Urango vs Berto Lets go Urango all he does is hook anyway but he's fun \
Angulo vs Cintron - Angulo stops him in 6 in a brutal way too heavy handed and constant pressure will end Kermit

Originally Posted by mextra45

Let me see now, Julio is done as an elite fighter, Miranda is done as an elite fighter, Torres may be on his way out as an elite fighter. Damn, looks like Urango and Prescott are the only hopes left at the moment.

We know you love the Colombians
laugh.gif
But Julio was never an elite fighter good prospect nothing more , Miranda wasnt elite either had some fun and exciting moments but he lost every world class fight he had . Elite fighters can do more than punch

Ward was very good tonight did pretty much what ever he wanted yeah he held a bit towards the end but it worked for him . Now lets see who they put him in with since Miranda is now a stepping stone/gatekeeper
Urango vs Berto Lets go Urango all he does is hook anyway but he's fun \
Angulo vs Cintron - Angulo stops him in 6 in a brutal way too heavy handed and constant pressure will end Kermit
No i know, when dealing with these colombians by "elite" i really mean "chance to be a world champion." Like, elite bycolombian standards. I know they aren't truly elite fighters, but i gotta lower the bar a little bit for em.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How crowded was it?
Looked like a Sick crowd tho

I say 6 or 7 thousand....3/4 of lower level full. Bay Area Women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo....i was not impressed with Ward's performance....he is not ready for the champions in this weight class.

I'd like to see Dre matchup with Green.

SJax suit had me dying
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Crowd was nice. Woulda been sweet if Dre coulda finished off Miranda tho. Too bad he ain't got no pop
tired.gif

This was the first time I've really gotten to take a look at Ward. He's got some good skills but way too much holding. He took Miranda's puncheswell, too. When some of those rights landed I thought he was going to be put to sleep.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Too bad he ain't got no pop
tired.gif

My thoughts as well.

I was sitting next to this old Mexican dude.....he was well knowledgeable of Boxing.....but then he said stuff like "PacMan will win every fight up tolight heavys" and "PacMan is the next Ali"
tired.gif
LOL.... hewas a cool dude, until he had one tooo many drinks. And he said PacMan gonna knock out Cotto.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

This was the first time I've really gotten to take a look at Ward. He's got some good skills but way too much holding. He took Miranda's punches well, too. When some of those rights landed I thought he was going to be put to sleep.

Word, He ate a couple and Miranda never threw a combo at all.
there were like 5 or 6 Huge Rights that shut down Wards senses and he had stopped everything but Miranda was too busy trying to land one punch.
IMO Ward aint beatin Kessler, Froch and Bute, not even Allan Green. He'll beat Andrade I think.
we'll see.

I think he beats Allan Green , green can be inconsistent and lose focus down the stretch . Andrade whole different animal the CHIN is other worldly and hepunches in bunches . But Ward has good enough skills to give the lower top 10 problems .

Andre just needs to work on his game a lil more. I don't think he should get a title shot right now, Dre should look into fighting another top 10 opponent-- Maybe Green, Taylor, or Bika.

Miranda was a good test but I even think he's a top 10 fighter @ 168.

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

Berto is bout to give it to Urango
INDEED!
Probably, but the advantage Urango has over Berto is that his punches are much shorter than Mirandas. Yeah he never throws them straight, butUrango can be effective on the inside if the fight goes that way, where Miranda NEEDS space at all times.

I think Berto should take easily take care of Urango. He still has a puncher's chance, though.

Just saw this...
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Suspicious Substance Found in Miranda's Corner
Posted by: Mark Vester on 05-17-2009.

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Mark Vester

In what is turning out to be a big story from Saturday's fight, the California State Athletic Commission confiscated a suspicious substance from the corner of Edison Miranda during his decision loss to Andre Ward at the Oracle Arena in Oakland.

According to trainer Virgil Hunter, the substance was in a brown bottle resembling a Vaseline tub and was apparently hidden in a bag in Miranda's corner. Ward's promoter, Dan Goossen, said Miranda's cornermen were spotted taking the substance out of the bag around the fourth or fifth rounds of the fight, it was seized before officials actually saw it given to Miranda.

Goossen said the athletic commission will test the substance and we may have results by this week.

"I don't want to jump to any conclusions right now," Goossen said. "That's why I didn't say anything [on Saturday]. There's nothing worse than taking away from a good victory by putting the focus on something else."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

INDEED!
Probably, but the advantage Urango has over Berto is that his punches are much shorter than Mirandas. Yeah he never throws them straight, but Urango can be effective on the inside if the fight goes that way, where Miranda NEEDS space at all times.
Yea...Urango could do some work if he can get inside Andre...but ultimately...i dont think it'll happen

INDEED!
Probably, but the advantage Urango has over Berto is that his punches are much shorter than Mirandas. Yeah he never throws them straight, but Urango can be effective on the inside if the fight goes that way, where Miranda NEEDS space at all times.
Yea...Urango could do some work if he can get inside Andre...but ultimately...i dont think it'll happen
Probably not, but Urango is at least a live dog in this fight. Even before the miranda fight i figured he had a better chance of winning. Stillnot a great shot, but i wont be shocked if he does pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom