🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

?????????
***** said beast mode was a flop like it wasn't a free mixtape :lol:. He's obviously out of the loop we gonna ignore him until he knows what he's talking about.

Ovo dude u obviously don't know any back stories or anything going on man. Wait til the next argument or something b, sit this one out :wink:

Last edited:
Commas, real sisters, and March Madness came out way before ds2 :lol: that's just of recent we can go further back but nah.

So you guys are gonna be out here tryna say future has always been as popular as he is today? There are teenage white girls rapping along to all his songs you gon say that was happening before ds2?

So you guys are gonna be out here tryna say future has always been as popular as he is today? There are teenage white girls rapping along to all his songs you gon say that was happening before ds2?
What rock do you live under?

Wouldn't there have to had been some sort of anticipation built up for DS2 to be as popular as it was out the gate? 

Monster, Beast Mode (not sure how a free mixtape flops btw
laugh.gif
), and 56 Nights is why DS2 was sold.

Last edited:
Son up there is lost in the sauce. He couldn't even stick to his original argument because he knew it in his heart :lol:

"Future didn't start to get poppin until after ds2", man if you don't. Just say go ahead and say that's when you started paying attention.

Yeah he did, but the lawsuit was gonna cost him some big change. Thing is, of course future sees the business in it. Hell from day one when aubrey wanted to be apart of Tony Montana he never fronted on drake. Did the remix, tried to do a video but drake couldn't even shoot the video. Didn't even have to fly anywhere, then throw shots in a interview then the tweet. All of a sudden future goes back to his old formula and goes on the 3 peat run and all of a sudden drake is buddy buddy. Same dude he was "throwing a bone" to he wants to make duets, ask to be on his album etc. He obviously sees something in it for him also, I mean he ain't even put out a album with his own artist or even his boss that happens to rap. If all that **** ain't happen before I wouldn't even have a problem with it (besides them not having great chemistry and making below average music by both of their standards) Cuz it could've been a genuine friendship from the jump. But dude was brushing him off like he was a Lil ***** then when dude flexed up he wanna be his biggest fan. **** super corny.

You're skipping stuff and altering details in that bolded part.

After that video issue, they made "Fo Real" and "Never Satisfied", and THEN that tour thing (was RUMORED to have) happened (this next part answers @MrWavez's question) when both of their albums were about to drop and Future said that Nothing Was The Same had hits and would hold people for a moment while Honest would really connect with people and really hold onto them or something like that. Sites claimed Drake acted like a *** over that and took him off the tour, but all of that (if it happened) started and ended before the tour even began if I remember correctly, so that isn't even something worth bringing up.

Future went on that tour.

There was no fall out/gap in them being cool between 2013-now outside of a rumored one that was so short that it didn't affect anything.

Now, if you wanted to clown Drake for flaking on the Tony Montana video only to turn around and be obsessed with Future artistically, or if you wanted to say Drake was funny in the light for jumping on all of Future's solo albums from 2012 until now except EVOL but only returning that look on Views; you'd have valid arguments.

Last edited:
4th of July weekend, endless cookouts/parties

You know Controlla, One Dance, For Free etc about to be blasted all weekend :smokin

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci...gest-hip-hop-albums-of-all-time/#18ce15b15d7a

Drake's 'Views' Is Already One Of The Biggest Hip-Hop Albums Of All Time

Hugh McIntyre

Contributor

I write about the music industry, from tech to charts and more.

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

It might still be relatively new to the world, but Drake’s latest record Views has already earned its place in history as one of the biggest hip-hop albums of all time. Now, I’m not saying that the album is necessarily going to end up as one of the most influential or the most critically applauded works ever released, but nobody can argue with numbers, as they show how insanely popular Views is and has been ever since it hit the streets (and the streaming platforms).

Rapper Drake speaks during introductions before the NBA All-Star Game 2016 at the Air Canada Centre on February 14, 2016, in Toronto, Ontario. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Charts

Views has occupied the number one spot on the Billboard 200 ever since it originally debuted in the position with a very impressive 1.04 million equivalent units shifted. That’s the biggest opening in 2016, and it has spent week after week blocking new entries from some of the biggest names in the music industry.

The record has now been on top for eight consecutive weeks, and it is highly likely that there are at least a few more frames at number one in the album’s future. Not many titles can reign for that long, especially in a row. In fact, it has been well over a decade since any male solo artist has managed the feat, with the last being Eminem back in 2000.

While artists like Adele have easily bested Drake’s eight straight turns at number one, there are very few hip-hop titles that have done the same. In fact, according to Billboard, Drake’s latest is just the fourth hip-hop album in history to manage at least as many weeks at the top. The other three titles are Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP, Vanilla Ice’s To the Extreme, and M.C. Hammer’s Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em. Having hit number eight, Drake is now tied with Eminem, and he will likely pass the latter’s record, though don’t expect the “One Dance” rapper to best Vanilla Ice’s or M.C. Hammer’s winning streaks, as those albums spent 16 and 21 weeks atop the Billboard 200, consecutively.

Singles

Views might only be about two months old, but it has already performed better singles-wise than most albums ever do. So far, the LP has seen 19 of its 20 tracks make it onto the Hot 100, with six of them scooting past the top 40 marker. That’s the most slots on the singles ranking that any artist has controlled at one time by far, and Drake may very well own that record forever.
Recommended by Forbes

“Hotline Bling” kicked off the promotional campaign for Views last summer, and after taking a little while to pick up steam, the track spent many frames in the runner-up position, never quite making it to number one, though it ended up as one of the most popular tunes of 2015. Since then, follow-up single “One Dance” has already ruled the singles chart for weeks, and its numbers are becoming greater and greater by the day. The hit, which features WizKid and Kyla, is a global smash, and it too seems like it may continue to run the show for some time to come.

Few albums see even one song match the kind of success that both “Bling” and “Dance” have enjoyed, and there is no telling how many more tracks could continue to rise on the charts.

Streaming

Every single week that Views has managed to remain in the peak position on the albums chart, it has racked up incredible figures from streaming sources. In fact, the number of streams that Views ends every week with typically land that frame on the list of the most plays for any one album in history.

When the album was first released, the twenty songs featured were played an almost-unbelievable 245 million times. That number is incredible on its own, but it’s made even more special considering the fact that for the first seven days it was out, Views was only available to stream on one platform: Apple Music.

Before Views arrived, Beyoncé owned the record for the most streams in a week, as the tracks on her Lemonade record were played 115 million times in just seven days. Since then, Drake’s Views has garnered over 100 million plays every single week, making each week-end number an almost historical occasion. No other hip-hop album comes even close to the number of plays that Drake receives week after week. The closest is Kanye’s The Life Of Pablo, which saw its songs listened to 99 million times in its first frame of availability, with that figure dipping since.

The artistic influence that Views inspires is yet to be seen, but numbers-wise, nothing can compare. The only area where Drake’s new album has been falling behind is in terms of actual sales. While millions of people may play the record on various streaming platforms every day, the number of copies it sells is low, and they are certainly not enough to make the title one of the best selling ever, though it is important to remember that the times have changed, and sales are down for almost every act. Now that the majority of people are accessing their music via streaming outlets, Drake’s latest is truly one to remember.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/dmx-salutes-drake/

DMX Salutes Drake for Sampling Him on ‘Views’

In a 2012 interview with Power 105’s The Breakfast Club, DMX provided a list of reasons why he wasn’t a fan of Drake, saying, “I don’t like anything about Drake. I don’t like his ******’ voice. I don’t like none of the stuff he talks about. I don’t like his face. I don’t like the way he walks, like nothing. I don’t like his haircut.” However, in a recent return to the morning radio show, X had to give props to the chart topper and check picker upper, who used X’s “What These ******* Want” on his own “U with Me” from April’s Views.

“I did always say that he was a talented lyricist but I was not a fan,” X says at the beginning of the above clip. “Man, another humbling experience. Cause people were like, ‘Yo you didn’t like this guy for all the wrong reasons.’ For him to take the effort first to want to use a song of mine and then to be man enough to reach out and make that call. I was like, ‘Homie, hats off.’ That was a real move. I salute him for that.”

X goes on to paraphrase the phone conversation he had with Drake saying that the rapper and 40 told him “you raised us.”

Read More: DMX Salutes Drake for Sampling Him on ‘Views’ - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/dmx-salutes-drake/?trackback=tsmclip

In a 2012 interview with Power 105’s The Breakfast Club, DMX provided a list of reasons why he wasn’t a fan of Drake, saying, “I don’t like anything about Drake. I don’t like his ******’ voice. I don’t like none of the stuff he talks about. I don’t like his face. I don’t like the way he walks, like nothing. I don’t like his haircut.” However, in a recent return to the morning radio show, X had to give props to the chart topper and check picker upper, who used X’s “What These ******* Want” on his own “U with Me” from April’s Views.

“I did always say that he was a talented lyricist but I was not a fan,” X says at the beginning of the above clip. “Man, another humbling experience. Cause people were like, ‘Yo you didn’t like this guy for all the wrong reasons.’ For him to take the effort first to want to use a song of mine and then to be man enough to reach out and make that call. I was like, ‘Homie, hats off.’ That was a real move. I salute him for that.”

X goes on to paraphrase the phone conversation he had with Drake saying that the rapper and 40 told him “you raised us.”

Read More: DMX Salutes Drake for Sampling Him on ‘Views’ - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2016/06/dmx-salutes-drake/?trackback=tsmclip

Drake ends up winning most times :lol: rappers be dissing him and then turn around and praise him, he's undeniable at this point :smokin

DMX said he's tired of hating people and holding onto anger. He's too old. Let's not act like he's a fan and he didn't get a check.

X said he was pu**y and a homo and his music was soft as hell. None of that has changed.

Last edited:
He said he hated him for all the wrong reasons and not musically. Aubrey called him and said "u raised me" and he let bygones be bygones. He squashed the situation with ja too and also said he holds no ill will against camel either. They love to tell half the story :lol:. And lmao at 1 of the biggest HIP HOP albums of all time. We gonna look back at all the big hip hop albums one day and realize one isn't very hip hop. They gotta stop calling that a rap album, burns my soul.

@eddiengambino homage orrr...?

That's real for him to call X. Gotta respek that.

Drake ends up winning most times :lol: rappers be dissing him and then turn around and praise him, he's undeniable at this point :smokin

See and this is where y'all Drake stans go too far. :lol:

He called X and paid homage to HIM and X dropped it. That's all it was.

That's real for him to call X. Gotta respek that.

See and this is where y'all Drake stans go too far. :lol:

He called X and paid homage to HIM and X dropped it. That's all it was.

He doesnt even gotta do that, but he's paying his respects when he could've been stuck up about it, can't hate on that

Back
Top Bottom