🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Its a bit more than "some" rapping on views though.

Its about 70/30 which to me means its a rap album with some singing and other stuff. And thats on the heels of him dropping 2 full length rap albums.

Like I said, its kind of a farce to say drake is a pop artist because he has a few songs per album that have some pop sensibilites

@Willchamberlain
 this is you 100% btw
I neevr understood dudes for getting mad at people not liking an artist but listening to the music. I hate lebron but I still watch him play. I can't say the **** suck just Cuz it's aubrey b, imma listen to it then come in here and laugh at it. Started from the bottom is the best drake song ever made. I'm not gonna lie and said I ran thru dude whole catalog but I've heard enough to conclude he is a pop star and dudes try to force this he is breaking hip hop records, best hip hop artist when he is only that 50% of the time.

Y'all love calling out the ***** who go far left hating but when somebody go too far with the slurping I hear no objections, just smoking emojis. ****** come in here talking drake is top 5 dead or alive and ****** nodding in excitement. Drake is a softer Nelly without the hood.

Drake pop just like Hov was pop. He's gotten so big that his songs transcend genre. Bruh been had songs aimed for the top of the charts, (Find Your Love, Hold On We're Going Home, Take Care) it's just finally happening for him.

Its a bit more than "some" rapping on views though.

Its about 70/30 which to me means its a rap album with some singing and other stuff. And thats on the heels of him dropping 2 full length rap albums.

Like I said, its kind of a farce to say drake is a pop artist because he has a few songs per album that have some pop sensibilites

The album is a mix of R&B, Pop, rap, dancehall. It's not a rap album. We gotta agree to disagree on that one.

Last edited:
Drake pop just like Hov was pop. He's gotten so big that his songs transcend genre. Bruh been had songs aimed for the top of the charts, (Find Your Love, Hold On We're Going Home, Take Care) it's just finally happening for him.

Hahaha, Jay doesn't have songs like that or a team of writers.

Hov don't sing tho. He just a old dude trynna be young, he ain't singing and dancing like CB or making dancehall records.

Y'all love calling out the ***** who go far left hating but when somebody go too far with the slurping I hear no objections, just smoking emojis. ****** come in here talking drake is top 5 dead or alive and ****** nodding in excitement. Drake is a softer Nelly without the hood.

:lol:
Is this the first this has been mentioned? It seems like ****** been congregating in this thread since last summer, going back and forth. And on the outside looking in, a ***** can't tell what's been more disgusting the constant slurpage or the hate. :lol:

It's wild **** coming from both sides. :lol: Don't even frequent the thread much, but when scrolling the music section and you can see the last post...it's usually some hate or some riding. Ya'll boys wild. Continue tho, just an observation. :lol:

H to the izz o v to the izz a?

Annie singing on the hook?

Getting UGK on a track?

Bruh knew what he was doing.

Drake already shattered any records all of those 90's guys had when it comes to billboard singles and all of that before streaming was ever counted.

If I have to explain to you how he's more popular than all of them, idk, you living in your own world.

As for the second part, that's not true either. While some who aren't as savy may not know who they are, there are no artists right now that have millions of plays who can't set up a tour and sell out venues.
drake has absolutely not shattered their records. drake has barely had any #1 records of his own until literally this year. dont be confused. and you are WILIN if you think online popularity translates to real world popularity.
After I heard bryson tiller went platinum I knew **** was different.
not only did dude go plat, but he went plat less than a month after going gold.... and he went gold months and months after the project dropped. them counting streaming messed EVERYTHING up
How are u mad that the industry changed their data reflecting the way music in 2016 is consumed
mean.gif

It has nothing to do with inflating artists numbers. Most albums are being consumed through streaming.
has EVERYTHING to do with inflating numbers. the industry is dying. the internet is killing the industry. so they try to force the internet to be included to appear like there is some semblance of control, but there isnt. the industry has not figured out how to quantify or monetize streaming properly

Ok but look, WHY do you watch Lebron if you hate him?? Cuz he's still a great player right? He still has 4 mvps, 3 rings one of the greatest players of all time, etc. he still goes out there and puts up numbers and a good performance even if you hate his flops, crying, passing at the last second instead of shooting etc.

I mean if you comparing him to Lebron then TBH that says ALOT about how great you think he is

Now, check this out, would you watch Jason Terry if you hated him? Would you seriously watch him turnover the ball after turning over the ball, miss wide open threes, etc? No because you have concluded at some point "hey I don't like this guys game" "he sucks" "he's not fun to watch"

I could see if it's a new artist you've been introduced to and you're giving it a chance but mans been out since 09.

I know 100% at this point chances are I'm not gonna like a gucci mane mixtape or album. Or future, I didn't like his last two projects, I don't overall like his style, why would I keep downloading his stuff and listening to it just to say it's trash? I'm not gonna waste my time and do it just to come in yalls thread to say it's trash...it doesn't make any sense.

Therefore I have concluded y'all just doing it for fun, ***** and giggles

Last edited:
No I watch lebron Cuz i love basketball and if this the guy that they say is the guy, I wanna see. Besides that he's on TV going against someone else every other day. Same way imma watch Ben Simmons, I don't see the hype right now but if he's supposed to be the guy, I wanna see if he's the guy. If not I'll be the first on the slander bus. And cool if u don't listen to future, but theirs no way u can come in the thread and say his new tape is trash Cuz u ain't even hear it. I love the sport of hip hop before anything else, so if y'all gonna gas that pathetic album guess imma listen to give my opinion on this sad album. I suffered threw the eastern conference playoffs the same way I watched lebron, because I love hoops. I suffered threw Kanye and Drake albums because I love music. Imma listen to the next joint he put out too. U young tho b, u grew up on Carter 3, it's a big gap musically between us. I like u tho wavez, we just got ingram we shouldn't be doing be doing this, gimme hug 6 tunechi

Ok but look, WHY do you watch Lebron if you hate him?? Cuz he's still a great player right? He still has 4 mvps, 3 rings one of the greatest players of all time, etc. he still goes out there and puts up numbers and a good performance even if you hate his flops, crying, passing at the last second instead of shooting etc.

I mean if you comparing him to Lebron then TBH that says ALOT about how great you think he is

Now, check this out, would you watch Jason Terry if you hated him? Would you seriously watch him turnover the ball after turning over the ball, miss wide open threes, etc? No because you have concluded at some point "hey I don't like this guys game" "he sucks" "he's not fun to watch"

I could see if it's a new artist you've been introduced to and you're giving it a chance but mans been out since 09.

I know 100% at this point chances are I'm not gonna like a gucci mane mixtape or album. Or future, I didn't like his last two projects, I don't overall like his style, why would I keep downloading his stuff and listening to it just to say it's trash? I'm not gonna waste my time and do it just to come in yalls thread to say it's trash...it doesn't make any sense.

Therefore I have concluded y'all just doing it for fun, ***** and giggles
i SORT OF agree, i dont like gucci nor future... but i give their projects listens at least once because they have the potential to surprise me. same thing with drake. hes been in a downward spiral for years now lyrically. but i keep giving chances cuz i know at one time he was spitting for real. at one time he was on that comeback season and so far gone. hell, even room for improvement had flashes. now? its got so many chains they call me chaining tatum.....  he has the potential.... and sometimes it flashes, but most of the time its trash. but ill sift through the trash to save those 3 or 4 songs per album that i actually like.

No I watch lebron Cuz i love basketball and if this the guy that they say is the guy, I wanna see. Besides that he's on TV going against someone else every other day. Same way imma watch Ben Simmons, I don't see the hype right now but if he's supposed to be the guy, I wanna see if he's the guy. If not I'll be the first on the slander bus. And cool if u don't listen to future, but theirs no way u can come in the thread and say his new tape is trash Cuz u ain't even hear it. I love the sport of hip hop before anything else, so if y'all gonna gas that pathetic album guess imma listen to give my opinion on this sad album. I suffered threw the eastern conference playoffs the same way I watched lebron, because I love hoops. I suffered threw Kanye and Drake albums because I love music. Imma listen to the next joint he put out too. U young tho b, u grew up on Carter 3, it's a big gap musically between us. I like u tho wavez, we just got ingram we shouldn't be doing be doing this, gimme hug 6 tunechi

I see what you're saying but that also proves my point...you will definitely be one of those guys with positive things to say about Lebron/drake when they retire. I like music too but I don't enjoy listening To bad music :lol: or atleast music I feel is bad.

Same way about hoops you love hoops but would you watch bad basketball over and over just cuz you love hoops? I love the lakers but I hated watching us play cuz it was so bad lol. Like its almost as if we were told to just suck. After these finals I'm definitely thinking about only watching lakers games cuz NBA is definitely doin some kind of rigging

i SORT OF agree, i dont like gucci nor future... but i give their projects listens at least once because they have the potential to surprise me. same thing with drake. hes been in a downward spiral for years now lyrically. but i keep giving chances cuz i know at one time he was spitting for real. at one time he was on that comeback season and so far gone. hell, even room for improvement had flashes. now? its got so many chains they call me chaining tatum.....  he has the potential.... and sometimes it flashes, but most of the time its trash. but ill sift through the trash to save those 3 or 4 songs per album that i actually like.

I can rock with this, because that means somewhere deep down inside you like said artist atleast a little bit. I get what you're saying 100%

That's pop to you?

Pop is short for popular. Those were popular songs that white america ****** with. I wouldn't be surprised if izzo is on a kidz bop album. Point is Hov did them tracks knowing they had big radio potential. Which is the same thing Drake does. They both calculating.

has EVERYTHING to do with inflating numbers. the industry is dying. the internet is killing the industry. so they try to force the internet to be included to appear like there is some semblance of control, but there isnt. the industry has not figured out how to quantify or monetize streaming properly

I'm gonna make this point one more time bruh.. In 2016 the majority of albums are consumed by the public through streaming. If you want the RIAA to go back to psychical sales only than we gotta rid of streaming all together. No Spotify, Apple Music or nothing fam. Counting streaming was the only choice and its also beneficial to artists who had to deal with piracy.

We cant be mad at Trap Soul going platinum when its one of the most popular albums out. It's not like that album was a flop it had respectable sales and it was streamed millions of times.

The difference is at a time of my life I liked lebron at one point, well not liked him but I didn't always hate him. I can't take away game 6 against boston or what he did against the pistons back then, **** was legit. But I never rocked with aubrey. I'm not gonna look back 15 years from now like "that boy was good, **** all the ghost writer **** and wave riding, the boy was one of the best I ever seen". When he's gone I hope all these singy simpy rappy dudes die or retire with him. Especially all those tiller/qm dad 5'8 dad hat wearing never had friends in high school *** dudes. They worse than drake fans.

Pop is short for popular. Those were popular songs that white america ****** with. I wouldn't be surprised if izzo is on a kidz bop album. Point is Hov did them tracks knowing they had big radio potential. Which is the same thing Drake does. They both calculating.
Not necessarily. Pop is a term used for "popular music" but there is indeed a genre of music considered "pop" that is NOT intended to simply be a shortened version of "popular music". 

The internet can probably explain that better than how I just tried to.
Pop music  is a genre  of popular music  that originated in its modern form in the Western world  during the 1950s and 1960s, deriving from rock and roll. The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular (and can include any style).

Pop music is eclectic, and often borrows elements from other styles such as urbandancerockLatin, and country; nonetheless, there are core elements that define pop music. Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure) as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and hooks.

Last edited:
A million people wouldn't have went to the store and physically paid 10-15 for trap soul is what people are really saying. U pay 8 bucks a month to listen to unlimited music no matter what it is. When I had my free Spotify sub I was listening to **** I never heard just because while I would clean up or work just to say I gave it a shot. No way I would've physically went and spent money on that project by itself. I listened to some juvenile album I never heard of that was trash on there Lil did I know at the time I was contributing to a record sale. But times are different and this is what we gotta deal with. Every new popular artist is gonna be hoisting platinum plaques. Alot of dudes who came and went started at the wrong time, they could have that plaque right now.

Dude really said big pimpin and hard knock life was pop music just to protect drake :smh:

I flow for chicks wishin,
They ain't have to strip to pay tuition,
I see your vision mama

Pop music ??? :smh:

Last edited:
According to the definition slicky V posted, those are pop records.

Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure) as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and hooks.

I'm gonna make this point one more time bruh.. In 2016 the majority of albums are consumed by the public through streaming. If you want the RIAA to go back to psychical sales only than we gotta rid of streaming all together. No Spotify, Apple Music or nothing fam. Counting streaming was the only choice and its also beneficial to artists who had to deal with piracy.

We cant be mad at Trap Soul going platinum when its one of the most popular albums out. It's not like that album was a flop it had respectable sales and it was streamed millions of times.
as a music producer myself...  whos livelihood depends on royalty checks from said dying industry.... i disagree. when i get my first platinum track or album.... i want it to be off a million sold. not a million listens. i sell an ALBUM, then its a sale. if the album is 20 tracks long (looking at you drake) dont give me an ALBUM sale cuz 10 people bought hotline bling. that is ******ed.

and artists still sell. like i said, that year taylor was the only one who went plat in a LOOOOOOONG time. but if your fanbase deems the project good, theyll buy it. see j cole forest hills drive. see kendricks albums. they got BOUGHT. and as i said, ive never even seen a physical copy of views yet. trapsoul going plat is a crock of ****. and i liked trapsoul A LOT. and as popular as it is... the sales are 1/10th the reported numbers. how u go gold and platinum in the same month coincidentally when the streaming rules changes and u dont see nothing wrong with that lol.

u wanna know financially why going plat is stupid with streaming? cuz nobody sees money off it. the producer doesn't get big checks off going plat. foreign teck from miami made exchange. u think the $$$ he got from streaming MILLIONS of times is a fraction of what he made in the past month from exchange being all over the radio? NO. so who is benefited by these inflated numbers? the industry. it just looks and sounds like business is booming... but this is borrowed time and the ship has been sinking ever since napster

Pretty much where I am with Drake. I bought Thank Me Later and Take Care. Still listen to both albums and So Far Gone. His newer **** ain't really for me. NWTS had about 5 or 6 records I still listen to same with If Your Reading This. Views was just boring and lazy. None of those songs stood out. For the last 2-3 years his loose songs been better than the **** that makes the project.

Pretty much where I am with Drake. I bought Thank Me Later and Take Care. Still listen to both albums and So Far Gone. His newer **** ain't really for me. NWTS had about 5 or 6 records I still listen to same with If Your Reading This. Views was just boring and lazy. None of those songs stood out. For the last 2-3 years his loose songs been better than the **** that makes the project.
easily. its just been downhill. and for every good or great song u hear from him, its surrounded by 5 more mediocre/flat out lazy ones

Back
Top Bottom