🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

My issue with Aubrey is this, many other rappers have certain lanes that they stay in like Pusha with his coke raps, he's very elite at it, but Drake isn't even elite as his own lane anymore.

It seems like he's been trying to experiment at times with these Kat 3 projects to deviate somewhat from that and has been pretty mediocre at best at that (from the hopping onto the trap wave, trying to adopt other people's flows, the not crafting some of his own stuff, etc). I can't speak for everyone else that doesn't like this project but I just don't even feel it does a service to old Drake, yes it's mostly similar content, but like OKB said you'd expect for someone that at every turn bloviates as being the best rapper alive would at least showcase some of that in some fashion. I can't say there's a single song on here that does that. It's beyond Kanye TLOP levels of cringe, but even he has Real Friends and NMPILA, that showcased some of his skills. I mean I'd like to believe we want most of the artists that reach a certain level to evolve, but clearly he has no interest in doing that.

Views just really seems like a haphazard and lazy effort and if there was anymore convincing needed that he's a pop artist, this definitely does it.

His next project should be an entire tape of 5AM In Toronto-esque tracks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Drake to me makes simp music crying about girls, with an occasional song here and there that's a turn up song bragging about his wealth, with an occasional song talking about his old self to new self on one of those airy, underwater 40 beats. 

That's the formula and I guess people are getting tired of it. I never expected anything else so I wasn't really disappointed. 

He should make a full RnB album. That's the Drake I enjoy even though it's kind of tired to some. The simp music is funny to me and sometimes cringeworthy, but he does it well with good vibes. 

Drake to me makes simp music crying about girls, with an occasional song here and there that's a turn up song bragging about his wealth, with an occasional song talking about his old self to new self on one of those airy, underwater 40 beats. 

That's the formula and I guess people are getting tired of it. I never expected anything else so I wasn't really disappointed. 

He should make a full RnB album. That's the Drake I enjoy even though it's kind of tired to some. The simp music is funny to me and sometimes cringeworthy, but he does it well with good vibes. 

Your right but I think most people are disappointed with the terrible lyrics throughout the songs. Like somebody said earlier NWTS had tons of tracks hotter than most of the songs on Views.

If you counting section .80

You might as well count Friday Night Lights
Section .80 is technically an album, you had to pay for it. Mixtape is something that is free. I'm talking about album wise and yes Friday Night Lights is J Cole's best work but his classic album is Born Sinner. 2014 Forest Hills Drive is alright but the album is not an album I would want to listen to over again (Fire Squad, No Role Modelz, and A Tale of 2 Citez) are the only songs I listen to off the album.

At 46 years old and with the ongoing successs of roc nation, I don't think Jay z really cares that much.

Naw Jay is rumored to had put the battery in Meek back + a lot of the dudes who are usually early and right with info are saying it's rumored Jay already has bars

Then all the tension that has been between them + the apple/tidal stuff that's adding to it I think it's just a matter of time before Jay shoots at him.

+ Guru said HOV is releasing a new album

I'm here for it . 2 of my favorite rappers and hopefully this could put the battery back in Drakes back

Da camel is supposedly making a Lemonade response album. Not sure how much truth there is to that though. Either way I'm not expecting much. MCHG was a letdown.

Last edited:
Da camel is supposedly making a Lemonade response album. Not sure how much truth there is to that though. Either way I'm not expecting much. MCHG was a letdown.

I remember when people use to dismiss satire articles, now everyone once juice so bad they believe everything they read, even if the source was nydaily news :smh:

Welp, JT dropping an album this year, Drake may not have top selling AOTY

Section .80 is technically an album, you had to pay for it. Mixtape is something that is free. I'm talking about album wise and yes Friday Night Lights is J Cole's best work but his classic album is Born Sinner. 2014 Forest Hills Drive is alright but the album is not an album I would want to listen to over again (Fire Squad, No Role Modelz, and A Tale of 2 Citez) are the only songs I listen to off the album.

Born Sinner a classic? Never heard that one.

This is beautiful. 301216baller 301216baller U called it b. This ***** fell off a cliff. Hearing how the fans are disappointed and the stans are making up reasons why it's not good is wonderful. He bout to send them late night hey stranger text to QM and all his other old writers.

His next project should be an entire tape of 5AM In Toronto-esque tracks.
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Man if drake does an entire album gun blazing like this the entire time :pimp:

That's really all I want.

I think it's coming. The criticism he's receiving from Views, he knows his fans are about tired of the simp tracks. Views was a cash grab imo. Girls love it, causal fans love it but Drake stans doing really **** with it.

Last edited:
Will Smith? :lol: You serious?

He could do a Bad Boys remake with Kevin Hart or some **** right now and instantly his stock is that of a headliner.

If I was him, Views would have been my last album regardless of reception but I'd especially fall back now that people are getting tired of his schtick and he can go out selling a million. Plus the jump to Hollywood and instantly being a headliner only works if he does it while still a headlining rapper.

:smh:
I swear man rap is so damn boring nowadays
Nobody is spittin
Even when somebody half spits
People put it on a high *** pedestal cause of the low bar we have today
I wish Jay elec woulda stopped bs'in and at least tried to give us something

:smh:
I swear man rap is so damn boring nowadays
Nobody is spittin
Even when somebody half spits
People put it on a high *** pedestal cause of the low bar we have today
I wish Jay elec woulda stopped bs'in and at least tried to give us something

Jay is reportedly doing a reply album to 'Lemonade' :lol: I'm done

Last edited by a moderator:
You sit and you pray that the stars align
My luck is a sure thing cause I'm living right
When I needed you, you couldn't give me any advice
Buy you always had something to say every other time

Will Smith? :lol: You serious?

He could do a Bad Boys remake with Kevin Hart or some **** right now and instantly his stock is that of a headliner.

If I was him, Views would have been my last album regardless of reception but I'd especially fall back now that people are getting tired of his schtick and he can go out selling a million. Plus the jump to Hollywood and instantly being a headliner only works if he does it while still a headlining rapper.

Will Smith is a big reach. Will been a leading dude with big movies for damn near 20 years. I can see Drake doing what Luda doing. Which is still pretty good.

Is Drake even a good actor? I never watched that Canada show.

Last edited:
Drake was awful on Degrassi but all of the actors and actresses outside of a few were trash.

Back
Top Bottom