🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Wait some of y'all actually bought drakes album on the first day it came out
Y'all gotta listen to it before deeming it worthy enough to get some paper

Eh. I can see big Sean putting out a string of projects that go gold and have a decade plus run of high popularity along with being that guy who's always getting featured on songs about women. If that registers as a bad opinion then so be it.

Fab had a respect as a lyricist that Big Sean has never had

FOH.
Oh for sure that's why I just said in terms of career trajectory.

After several more listens it's clear that he doesn't care anymore about being the best rapper. It's all about moving units now.

Just look at the features on here, and the fact that he's not really rapping on the majority of the tracks.

Joe Budden says Drake sounds uninspired, and won't make music like Say What's Real & etc. full interview drops tomorrow
thought he & drake had a relationship :lol:

Last edited:
After several more listens it's clear that he doesn't care anymore about being the best rapper. It's all about moving units now.

Just look at the features on here, and the fact that he's not really rapping on the majority of the tracks.
thought he & drake had a relationship :lol:

In the full interview he doesn't say anything "bad" or off the wall.

He still vouches for him basically but speaks on being uninspired and behind the scenes stuff.

Good listen ... If you are/were a Drake fan

After a week of digestion of the album, the joint is mediocre. It don't got much replay value for me like the other joints.  And listening to Budden podcast so far he is right and got a point. The production tho is GODLY.

Western Road Flows and Views are the best two tracks on this joint.

Keep the Family Close sounds so emotional dawg is cringing. It got better the times after I listen to it but its still too SUPER soft for me. It aint even talking about a broad that played him and going through the hurt. He legit sound like he salty as hell over the Meek situation still. "All of my friends" like bruh get over it." We already tried to be cool so why we even try it?" Like he just sound like a lil *** man.

Yall was cool, he came at you and that's that. Nikki took his side as she should its her boyfriend. But he sounds uninspired as hell and emotional.

IDK man people go say he always sound emotional, but its different. When he drop Marvin Room I had legit broke up with my joint at the time. I was messing with new joints and what not, but i was still going through it. I could relate to being faded thinking about past smash sessions and calling up.

This new Drake like man you successful as ever and you more emo than ever. And what's up with all this stealing songs and stuff he doing now? Like dude been spitting since Comeback Season, and Room for Improvement. The hell is going on?

Joe starting off the podcast with some points, so Drake worried about Jay going at him? Drake was throwing subs not too long ago. eventually they will clash, it's just a matter of time.

16 seconds before me 
laugh.gif

After releasing his new album VIEWS  last week, Drake  claimed at the record launch party that he'd sold over 600,000 copies  of it on the first day alone. His estimate may not have been too far off, according to new numbers released today by Republic Records. The label reports that VIEWS  has sold 1.2 million copies (including streaming album equivalents) across the world in less than six days after its release, with over a million of those sales coming from the U.S. In addition, in that same time frame, VIEWS  was streamed over 250 million times, with over 200 million of those coming from within the United States.
http://pitchfork.com/news/65282-dra...-sells-12-million-copies/?mbid=social_twitter

sick.gif

My comments were not a Big Sean.

But even as Big Sean fanm you have to be able to admit that he doesn't have the talent to be an remembered all time great.

No shade just facts, he will have a long career, couple all star appearances but doesn't have hall of fame talent.

Drake does, and he's wasting his talent, he's already the biggest rapper in the game, its time to either take a risk and push his sound in a bold new direction like 808's and Heartbreak or Lemonade or To Pimp a butter fly

or he needs to make a TIGHTLY constructed, impeccable crafted, ALL A+ bars rap block buster project like the Blueprint.

no more relying on the formula you have established because it will go stale.
Exactly, dude is putting himself in a box in terms of creativity.

Letting this album marinate for a bit. I get the underwhelmed response many have for it and comments on how he hasn't evolved are spot on.

My worry with this project is that he and his team will chalk it up to high expectations due to people knowing the album is dropping soon and etc... instead of seeing the true flaws of the project. Anticipation plays a major part in the reception of an album. This project fell short.

Also with the QM and ghostwriting allegations, no reason for dude not to come with heavy bars.

What will Antidope do when Drake and Jay Z start beefing? Both are objects of his Stannery, he may lose his mind.

At 46 years old and with the ongoing successs of roc nation, I don't think Jay z really cares that much.

Last edited:
What will Antidope do when Drake and Jay Z start beefing? Both are objects of his Stannery, he may lose his mind.

Talking in the 3rd person? Or logged into the wrong acct?

Last edited:
QM came along during IYRTTL, and those bars while catchy, were low quality B grade bars.

His lyrics on Comeback season were stronger when it was just Drake and 1da and 40., so the ghost writing thing is not an excuse. Drake CHOSE to roll with these b grade trap Drake, half freestyled bars. he needs get back writing **** down on the blackberyr like the SFG, Take Care days.

He needs to go buy him self a Blackberry off ebay, and get back to really writing and scrutinizing the bars. Because while his pop song writing is getting better his rap stuff is getting worse.

He's in a tough spot, because SFG, Thank Me Later, Take Care, were about the rise, NWTS, IYRTITL, WATTBA, were a victory lap. these are stories narrative fans can identify with easily BUT NOW Drake is in the stage of his career that separates the legends from passing phases.

If you story is no longer relateable how do you connect to the audience?? The awnser can't just be more self confessionals about group texting your ex's. That's fake introspection. :smh:

Last edited:
Exactly, dude is putting himself in a box in terms of creativity.

Letting this album marinate for a bit. I get the underwhelmed response many have for it and comments on how he hasn't evolved are spot on.

My worry with this project is that he and his team will chalk it up to high expectations due to people knowing the album is dropping soon and etc... instead of seeing the true flaws of the project. Anticipation plays a major part in the reception of an album. This project fell short.

Also with the QM and ghostwriting allegations, no reason for dude not to come with heavy bars.
Man this. I thought he was go come back swinging. Gave us Weston and Views and that was it. Album sold so much based off his name and popularity.

Back
Top Bottom