đź’’ Married At First Sight đź‘°: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Both Jasmina and Katina ain’t got no ****. But I’ll give Jasmina a pass cause she fine as hell.

Alyssa not eem that fly to be acting like that. I wonder if the “experts” set her up with a man she was attracted to but he wasn’t attracted to her.
Only one with any chest is Lindsey, but Mark The Shark going to have his hands full trying to tame all that. You know she calling the shots in the bedroom.

- I legitimately feel bad for Chris, you can tell that. That Alyssa has already checked out and is manufacturing reasons to leave the marriage. She should just say she's not attracted to him as opposed to making up lies about them not being compatible, stuff she heard at the wedding or different hobbies.

Alyssa is climbing the scumbag rankings at an alarming pace. How is she going to say " I don't want to spend the night with someone I barely know"...Why come on the show at all?

- Olajuwon is a weird dude. Sometimes he just needs to **** and listen. You can tell he has ADD because he can't stop talking lol. He was already going at his wife's good friend for no reason at all

- I'm starting to think that Lindsay and Mark might work out. She does the most but he seems to have her back. She already said that she loves him on the first night of the honeymoon. 🤣

I was dying when Lindsay was spreading incense throughout the bedroom.

- You can tell that Noi comes from an immigrant family because They were hounding Steve about getting a job the moment they found out he was out of work. They are not about that wonderlust life. You need to be working so they can have kids 🤣

- I legitimately feel bad for Chris, you can tell that. That Alyssa has already checked out and is manufacturing reasons to leave the marriage. She should just say she's not attracted to him as opposed to making up lies about them not being compatible, stuff she heard at the wedding or different hobbies.
It's Zach all over again. If I were Chris, I'd just end it and cut my losses. I hate to see him try and fight so hard for someone who is clearly shallow and.....itchy
- Olajuwon is a weird dude. Sometimes he just needs to **** and listen. You can tell he has ADD because he can't stop talking lol. He was already going at his wife's good friend for no reason at all
The thing is, dude spotted him from a mile away and was annoyed with his BS. How Olajuwon gonna sit down with her friends and be like "I don't have any issues in the lady department". That's the exact wrong thing to say in front of her people. In guy speak, we read that as, if he ever gets bored with her, he gonna find a side joint.

- I'm starting to think that Lindsay and Mark might work out. She does the most but he seems to have her back. She already said that she loves him on the first night of the honeymoon. 🤣

Mark gets it. He went downstairs and apologized on behalf of both of them. That's a mature husband move with perspective. He didn't do **** himself, but he apologized for his wife and her antics, but still had to tell her to chill when they were alone. This guy sounds like he's ready for a wife. That being said, I do think they have a chance to make it.
- You can tell that Noi comes from an immigrant family because They were hounding Steve about getting a job the moment they found out he was out of work. They are not about that wonderlust life. You need to be working so they can have kids 🤣
Even Steve's pops was like "he gotta get a job" lol. I think his dad might have been annoyed at that fact even before he got on the show.

I like Mark the Shark. Seems like a good dude. Exactly the type of man Karen…I mean Lindsey needs. She just needs someone to put her in her place. She always operates at a 10 and needs to simmer down. Like a Jaime/Beth 2.0.
Yea this season other than Olajuwon, seems like the rest of the dudes gon be the cool ones while the ladies scumbag it up and wild out :lol:

Lindsay already don’t like Alyssa so just imagine the beef when she finds out how she been acting, you know she make her feelings bout it known :lol: :pimp:

Alyssa already on the Mahomes HOF trajectory of MAFS Scumbags: Wives Edition.

She’s gonna join
Katie (still had feelings for her ex and wasn’t supportive if u have more than one dream)
Mia (lied about her past especially criminal history)
Taylor (liar, manipulator and gaslighter)
Molly (found her husband not attractive and wasn’t affectionate)
Jasmine (said her husbands career wasn’t a real career. While wanting him to be the breadwinner so she can be a stay at home mom)
Samantha (completely ****ted on her husband throughout the entire experience but wanted to remain married at the end….psycho)

I know I’m forgetting a few more but those women stood out to me

Oh man Samantha. Taking me back. I at the time really hadn't seen such a toxic relationship mostly coming from the female side.

She was crazy.

Alyssa is going to **** up if she can't just say she's not attractive to him and that's the main thing. Instead looking for other reasons to dislike him and pretend this is a horrible uncomfortable situation.

We've seen other matches where one of the spouses said they weren't attracted and it wasn't a complete trainwreck even if it didn't work out.

More and more though it seems the Doug and Jaime situation was a one off. Don't think there's been another where the attraction grew and ended with a stay married. Hollister Chris did keep smashing even though he wasn't attracted though.

Just rewatched some of the ep.

I don't get white women's need to start conflict with black men.

That was some high level Karen **** about telling him to speak Spanish. Then saying I want to fight him. Then flipping it with her take to say he was threatening and intimidating her.

I don't get these colonists and cultural appropriators.

Mark a good dude though. Getting no MAGA vibes from him.

Last edited:
Seeing how things are going down with this conflict is kinda why in the early seasons they had the couples completely separated from each other the entire time except for the reunion.

My wife and I were talking about this earlier. I've liked it as an addition to the show overall. Even if the relationships don't work out, we've seen the cast members form friendships which is cool
Alyssa already on the Mahomes HOF trajectory of MAFS Scumbags: Wives Edition.

She’s gonna join
Katie (still had feelings for her ex and wasn’t supportive if u have more than one dream)
Mia (lied about her past especially criminal history)
Taylor (liar, manipulator and gaslighter)
Molly (found her husband not attractive and wasn’t affectionate)
Jasmine (said her husbands career wasn’t a real career. While wanting him to be the breadwinner so she can be a stay at home mom)
Samantha (completely ****ted on her husband throughout the entire experience but wanted to remain married at the end….psycho)

I know I’m forgetting a few more but those women stood out to me

Mia will always the Jordan of the scumbags but Alyssa might come for the Lebron spot. She literally looked at her husband and was like

1643327622639.png

Attachments

• 1643327601098.png
    1643327601098.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 109
Every moment on tv gonna be cringe for Alyssa and Chris. But for MAFS, it makes for good tv. She knew what she signed up for, she knew the potential outcome. No one to blame but herself.

They should just separate like Politician Zach and Mindy.

Every moment on tv gonna be cringe for Alyssa and Chris. But for MAFS, it makes for good tv. She knew what she signed up for, she knew the potential outcome. No one to blame but herself.

They should just separate like Politician Zach and Mindy.
Yea but you know lately the production/experts been pretty much forcing couples to stick it out the whole season and act like they trying…Be holding em hostage even if it don’t make sense :lol: :smh:

It's Zach all over again. If I were Chris, I'd just end it and cut my losses. I hate to see him try and fight so hard for someone who is clearly shallow and.....itchy

The thing is, dude spotted him from a mile away and was annoyed with his BS. How Olajuwon gonna sit down with her friends and be like "I don't have any issues in the lady department". That's the exact wrong thing to say in front of her people. In guy speak, we read that as, if he ever gets bored with her, he gonna find a side joint.

Mark gets it. He went downstairs and apologized on behalf of both of them. That's a mature husband move with perspective. He didn't do **** himself, but he apologized for his wife and her antics, but still had to tell her to chill when they were alone. This guy sounds like he's ready for a wife. That being said, I do think they have a chance to make it.

Even Steve's pops was like "he gotta get a job" lol. I think his dad might have been annoyed at that fact even before he got on the show.
I haven't seen the episode so I might be saying stuff the episode already covered. I wonder regarding Chris if they can do that, him just saying I'm out affect the producers.

:smh: Olajuwon just really walking into a firing squad saying something like that. But in all honesty I don't expect many intelligent things coming out of his mouth. Remember when he was telling his friends and the wives were there and he said his wife has to know how to cook. The one wife was like uh no it doesn't work like that.

Mark stepping it up, nice, but I think he is going to do something real stupid. Because previews make it seem like during the season Lindsey gets pissed at him. At least she says someone needs to grow up.

Steve's dad is an immigrant also, which is why when he told them all he was getting married at dinner. His dad was like but you don't even have a job, and his boy with the fluffy hair was like I think it's a great idea. Immigrants are not into that happy go lucky jobless life, they are about that hard work and providing for your parents. Dad was probably thinking who am I going to live with when I get older if my son doesn't have a consistent job.
Yea this season other than Olajuwon, seems like the rest of the dudes gon be the cool ones while the ladies scumbag it up and wild out :lol:

Lindsay already don’t like Alyssa so just imagine the beef when she finds out how she been acting, you know she make her feelings bout it known :lol: :pimp:
Wait you think BAE Jasmina going to be "scumbagging it up?"

Yea but you know lately the production/experts been pretty much forcing couples to stick it out the whole season and act like they trying…Be holding em hostage even if it don’t make sense :lol: :smh:

I remember there was a post years ago talking about how the couples were paid on a per episode basis. It's definitely in their best interest to stick it out for at least the 8 weeks.

Honestly, unless I absolutely hated my spouse I would keep it going for at least a year or two. Not only do you get the money from the season, you get to up your social media game to make even more money or even start a business ( some of the cast members have hundreds of thousands of IG followers) You have the opportunity to make couples cam money.

low key, This is what I believe Jephte and Shawniece are doing. Between the money from their season, multiple seasons of couples, cam and that separate show about Shawniece's pregnancy and the business that she was able to start because of the popularity of the show, I guarantee that they're making more money than they did. Working their old 9 to 5 jobs

I remember there was a post years ago talking about how the couples were paid on a per episode basis. It's definitely in their best interest to stick it out for at least the 8 weeks.

Honestly, unless I absolutely hated my spouse I would keep it going for at least a year or two. Not only do you get the money from the season, you get to up your social media game to make even more money or even start a business ( some of the cast members have hundreds of thousands of IG followers) You have the opportunity to make couples cam money.

low key, This is what I believe Jephte and Shawniece are doing. Between the money from their season, multiple seasons of couples, cam and that separate show about Shawniece's pregnancy and the business that she was able to start because of the popularity of the show, I guarantee that they're making more money than they did. Working their old 9 to 5 jobs
Yup I’m sure just staying in this shows universe with all the spin offs n specials is at least a lil easy extra bread on the side…Which is why it’s a bold choice n bad business decision when ppl decide to look crazy on here and get exiled, but I appreciate the entertainment :lol: :pimp:

Yup I’m sure just staying in this shows universe with all the spin offs n specials is at least a lil easy extra bread on the side…Which is why it’s a bold choice n bad business decision when ppl decide to look crazy on here and get exiled, but I appreciate the entertainment :lol: :pimp:
I could see that, but really what is your end goal with the show. You trying to come off looking like the good guy and stack P for days like Gil. Or you just trying to be Zach and not even try and hide your addiction.
Speaking of spin offs I feel like the unmatchables joint ain’t take off like that…It was around for like 3 weeks then never heard bout it again, but it was pretty terrible n forced tho :lol: :smh:
Yeah I watched one maybe two shows, they picked some of the worst unmatchables to start off with. One chick that I believe had an issue with gas or something, with dude who spent 45 minutes on his teeth and hair.

Speaking of spin offs I feel like the unmatchables joint ain’t take off like that…It was around for like 3 weeks then never heard bout it again, but it was pretty terrible n forced tho :lol: :smh:

I really enjoyed the spin-off show, mafs second chances. They took contestants from prior seasons whose marriages didn't work out and put them on a bachelor style reality show. For me that is a better format than unmatchables.

I also liked The honeymoon Island spin-off.

I remember they had a MAFS Couples Couch, sort of like 90 Day fiancé Pillow Talk where they would watch clips from the episode and comment.

But Couples Couch was God awful. Instead of clips they would watch the entire episode and comment. Couples they had doing it had zero personality. I remember seeing Bobby and Danielle and had to turn it off. Dry as ****

Damn Alyssa didn’t even want to get in the same elevator as Chris. LOL. Homie out looking like a fool because of her. She really had her own hotel room. Don’t let that champagne go to waste though papi.

Love how the show tries to make situations. Mofo woke up answered the door get back in bed. Then “wake up” for the camera. Jasmine really lettingvdude know off the bat she had **** buddies in the past.

Homie should get a do over after Alyssa. You would think she was an 8 the way she acting. Chuck bumping up against a 3 if not 2 based off her attitude.

Confused how has Jasmina never dated a dude in the same state, that sounds WILD to me. Boston dudes really not shooting there shot at her?

Joi out here winning Steve dad over with the cultural wear. Did his dad reall just call him a vagabond though. Dad pulls no punches. Joi sister trying to throw Steve for a loop switching up the dress. Bringing the tough questions.

Back
Top Bottom