💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
I stand with u Viv

match marking special tonight? I usually don’t watch but want to see if I see some familiar faces.

Matchmaking ep is on

Son is spread eagle all open for Dr. V :rofl: I see what he trying to do.

Bao needed a black man.

They're really milking the show now. I feel like last season ended 3 weeks ago and we're already on the matchmaking special for the new season 😂.

We don't get a married at first sight off season anymore?
Nope.

Back2back2back :lol:

The off season was basically a month of couple cam's eps and learning Eric and VA are getting a divorce.

Last edited:
Did they have a "Kickoff" Special before?

This **** about to have it's own channel soon like Lifetime Movies 😂

Edit: so the interracial couple ain't even really interracial
ohhh.png

Last edited:
They had a few the last few seasons where Frazier and some media ppl make predictions. Want to say they been doing it ever since s10 at least.

Aight, so I'm finally getting around to this stupid matchmaking special because I ain't got **** to do right now. I know damn well this is all for entertainment purposes, but they still got me looking at this bs and breaking it down like NFL draft combine type scouting....In my head I'm yelling Cal Cal Cal Cal! in Mel Kiper Jr's voice, and it's ridiculous.

A few things...

I don't like how Pastor Cal is framing Zach. Using language like "hanging up your player card" and "entanglements" is very coded language when talking to, and about a Black man. I don't like it. Once again, I get the premise for this episode is made for tv, but that still doesn't mean I like it. I hate the fact that Black dudes get framed like this when they are being introduced. Their interaction definitely had me yelling Cal like Mel Kiper, but it's even more disappointing coming from another Black man supposedly "from the cloth"...but anyway, I'll take off my Spike Lee glasses and continue.

Brett and Ryan...mistake. He's a serial dater, and she hasn't dated in 2 years. I forsee struggle. I don't know why they keep doing this, but then I do.... It's definitely a science though....to a tv disaster lol. So hopefully they'll get on each others' nerves and make people watch.

Don't really have much for the other couples right now, but listening to it ( I was doing stuff around the house and not watching, but more listening and thinking), again... the show definitely skews towards women's pov on marriage and doesn't view it as an equal partnership as if men aren't looking for the same thing. I particularly paid attention to something Mikaela said during one of the montages in the beginning...she said "I want a renaissance man that can go out and fix a car, then come in the house and then bake a cake", seen as something men should want to do. Not that dudes like that don't exist, or can't or won't do it. It's just the fact that type of range from a man is expected from a woman and framed as something positive, but conversely (as an example of range) if a man said he wanted his woman to have stripper moves, give wopasaurus rex, and make a 5 course dinner and not be tired, they would look at him wide eyed and be like, this dude is a dinosaur lol.

Just my observations, but suffice it to say, I'm in it for as many train wrecks as possible now that this is strictly for entertainment purposes and not what it was originally intended for. F these damn "experts" lol. My early predictions are....

Mikaela & Zack = Dud
Bao & Johnny = Possible, but she might annoy tf out of him
Brett & Ryan = Dud, plus both of those names don't have good history with this show :lol:
Myrla & Gil = A possible. His financial situation might bother her, but too early to tell, who knows?
Rachel & Jose = No clue

Firefighters make good money though right? How much yall think she makes? Can’t be that big of a gap

I think they did a good job of matching the couples. There's only one couple that I think is dead on arrival

Michaela and Zach look like a good match

Jose and Rachel look like a good match

Boa and Johnny look like a good match

I'm on the fence about Gil and Myra

Brent and Ryan is going to be a crap show. They might not make it out of the honeymoon. You have a MAGA Oil and Gas guy who seems to be a playboy, serial dater matched with a purple-haired, white woman feminist teacher who hasn't dated in years. This is going to be worse than Virginia and Erik

Back
Top Bottom