🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD 🎾

Wore blacks to watch my son play ball this morning, now the new ones to go watch some football.

1000004244.jpg
1000004246.jpg

They’re dope and all but damn in person that aged midsole may as well be like a light brown lol … it is very extreme …. Definitely not subtlety done like other “ aged “ releases they’ve done over the years of various models
I really think it is to have effect of them being worn on a clay court.

I agree. It's the only aspect that makes these a notch under perfection. That said I love my pair and offloaded my '19s as I can't see ever wearing them again, and they still go for decent money. I like the non bright white as well. The' 19s are so freakn white it's almost too flashy if that makes sense.

Will be interesting to see what they put out in 2029.

Watched this last night. Very interesting video. Actually surprised how many differences there are from the OG. Though there was ENORMOUS variability in OGs that most people either don't know or fail to acknowledge, so the sample they used to make these from could very well have had diff cut lines, shades, etc. Lava shade near and print/pattern (by the midsole) is the most notable. Swoosh shade is pretty freak'n close; lava print should have match that shade.

Regardless, awesome retro; which all retros would have this quality and attention to detail. Price is slowly declining; will be interested to see how low it goes.

Still waiting for someone to figure out how to un-age them! 👀
Other than stripping off the top later and repainting them. 😅
Easy way, not even using deglazer or finisher on a fresh pair, Sneakers ER is thin enough to apply in one light coat to tone down that brown shade without giving a pure white. Soft brush, even the paint drop. Same on the plastic midsole, quite ok for me as it is lighter brownish, no way to deoxidize as it is the plastics color so a very light even coat will do it for a while. Will take time to do this properly but my test part sticks well.

Attachments

• IMG_20241010_200209.jpg
    IMG_20241010_200209.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 847
Easy way, not even using deglazer or finisher on a fresh pair, Sneakers ER is thin enough to apply in one light coat to tone down that brown shade without giving a pure white. Soft brush, even the paint drop. Same on the plastic midsole, quite ok for me as it is lighter brownish, no way to deoxidize as it is the plastics color so a very light even coat will do it for a while. Will take time to do this properly but my test part sticks well.

Is that just basic white?

Is that just basic white?
Basic white as a color yes, but as a paint this one is all in one product, no need for a finisher or flexible additive, same as the paint they use in midsole pens. Not sure if they still sell it in bottles.
Did the AT1 photon dusts with it years ago with 3 coats and some very flex parts chipped a little but still good looking with ageing and dirt, didn't even bother for a touch up.

That looks good to me! I don't need them to be pure bright white... just something to tone down the yellowness a bit. I'm fine with the outsole rubber, so my priority would only be on the midsole heel to midfoot.

I ain’t painting my damn shoes . They’re gonna just look what they look like… not like they won’t come back out again in a few years this time most likely without being aged . I mean quite frankly I’m a little tired of the hot lava 2’s at this point anyway … give us some 3’s and 4’s

Back
Top Bottom