🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace

Julio Lugo just passed away too at 45. Crazy. RIP to both.

Mets new GM Eppler is supposedly tight with Stearns. So let's see what happens next year I guess.

Oh man. I remember Julio Lugo. My condolences go out to his family

No idea that Eppler is a friend of Stearns. I know Cashman and Eppler created a scouting department for the Yankees

I have no problem with the hiring of Eppler. To me, he's the safest guy. He has experiences of running the GM. He's really good with the scouting thing. He is able to flip low tier minor players for solid position-needed players. Some Mets fans prefer former Nationals executive Cromie over Eppler. Cromie hasn't been in the MLB since 2017

I checked Angels reddit's old thread about Eppler got fired. Some fans said Eppler was the best GM that they had in the last decade. They praised Eppler for improving farm system and analytic department. They state Moreno and the front office interrupted often like blocking the move that Eppler was trying to improve their pitching staff. Fans felt it was unfair that Eppler was given the terrible roster ($60 mill a year total of Pujols & Hamilton) with no budget. And then Eppler set up a good organization for their newest GM Perry Minasian

I just hope Eppler will be good as Braves' general manger Alex Anthopoulos who didn't have excellent record with the Blue Jays

I guess I'm fine with Eppler. It seemed like another name out of nowhere but I'll give him a chance. From some of the criticisms I've seen so far online:

- He signed Matt Harvey to 11 million. At the time, the signing was hailed as a solid move by Angels fans. But Harvey was released after just 12 starts.
- Never had a winning season despite having one of the best all around players in the game in Trout.
- In his tenure as GM, Angels ranked 15th in runs per game, 20th in win %, 22nd in OPS, 23rd in BA, had a w/l record of 332 - 376

Positives:

- Familiar with the NY metro area and is said to love it in NY, specifically Brooklyn
- Signed Ohtani
- Has experience dealing with tough team owners and large markets

As far as Noah goes, I've seen differing views. I've seen that it's the team's fault for offering 19 and being cheap by not going up to 21 to keep him. And then I saw on tv that this is on Noah for being greedy and leaving for 2 mil after saying he wanted to stay, not taking into account the salary & resources the Mets have dedicated to his rehab over the past 2 years.

Sucks to have lost Wheeler, Matz, Noah, Harvey over the years. Of course, Jake is still here but it underscores the importance of resigning Stro. That's an absolute must right now.

Tell you the truth, I was buzzed that the Mets offered more money via the QO to Syndergaard than Wheeler. I didn’t think Syndergaard deserve the QO money even though I like him. It’s just he pitched only two innings total in the last two years. Plus he’s been mediocre since the 2017 season. His 2016 season was the best year

The sad part is that Wheeler’s camp contacted Brodie and the Mets about Phillies’ offer.Wheeler wanted to stay with the Mets and waited for them to make a counter. The Mets never did. Syndergaard didn’t bother to contact the Mets. My best guess is that he really wanted to get out of the Mets organization badly or the Mets told him that they will not be paying him $20 mi a year. Who knows?

If only we had Cohen and Alderson two years ago, Wheeler would still be a Met by now. What’s done is done

This year has just been one horrible thing after another for the Mets. We desperately need some sort of W here. I won’t be shocked if Stro leaves next.

It sucks that Noah left but at the same time, it’s the smart move. Dude has been hurt for awhile now and probably sees the end of his career as something more imminent than before. Playing on the West Coast, he’s closer to his family and is making more money. Better weather. It’s the smart move. Even Stro taking last year off, pissed me the eff off but it was the smart move. He got paid to basically take a vacation during a pandemic.

This year has just been one horrible thing after another for the Mets. We desperately need some sort of W here. I won’t be shocked if Stro leaves next.

It sucks that Noah left but at the same time, it’s the smart move. Dude has been hurt for awhile now and probably sees the end of his career as something more imminent than before. Playing on the West Coast, he’s closer to his family and is making more money. Better weather. It’s the smart move. Even Stro taking last year off, pissed me the eff off but it was the smart move. He got paid to basically take a vacation during a pandemic.
He didn’t get paid last year though did he?

Hope that means Stro and Baez will return. Would love to see a horse signed to go along with Jake. Specifically Scherzer. Jake, Max, and Stro at the top of your rotation would be a nightmare in a 3 game set. :wow:

Mets are at a point of going all n while the best pitcher on the planet is still the best pitcher on the planet.

I am sure y'all heard the Angels signed Loup

I hoped Loup was one of the players the Mets bring back for next season

I believe he will regress (not that much tho) due to lack of velocity. And the MLB will use new ball (juiced?) in the spring training

Okayyyy.... we flexing out here in the dead of winter.
Big $ for Starling. He's old but isn't showing any signs of slowing down. We need a hitter that goes on prolonged hot streaks like him.
Escobar is a good signing too. The man is a utility knife and will be needed. How did his season in Milwaukee go? Last I looked into him he was killing it with the Diamondbacks but that was also the short 2020 covid season.
Canha- I don't know man. I mean we need a power hitter but I don't know. He can be a strikeout machine.

Let's get Castellanos on here and a horse of a pitcher and give these MAGA Braves run for their money.

DeScalfini woud have been nice.

Good signing this Eppler guy. JUST NEED HIM TO DO ONE THING -If Eppler can get Shohei in here at some point then build a statue for the man.

Would love to see a horse signed to go along with Jake. Specifically Scherzer. Jake, Max, and Stro at the top of your rotation would be a nightmare in a 3 game set. :wow:

nigerian-dancing.gif

Prayers have been answered.

Now go get Stro.

^
That news saddened me.

|l|l|l

Losing Baez sucks man.

They should have taken into account the positive impact he seemed to have on Lindor as well as how much Javy thrived in NYC.

Damn it.

^
That news saddened me.

|l|l|l

Losing Baez sucks man.

They should have taken into account the positive impact he seemed to have on Lindor as well as how much Javy thrived in NYC.

Damn it.
The money was clearly more important. I think our offer was fair. It is what it is

Baez has the player option after 2 years
Cano’s contract will go off the book in 2 years
Eduardo Escobar has a two year contract with a third year club option

🤔

Back
Top Bottom