🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace

FFjfG4cXIA8QS4l

WHAT FANS CAN EXPECT
Built for the future, the ballpark upgrade – one of the largest single projects in all professional sports – is slated to take place over the span of two years and will make Citi Field the most technologically advanced ballpark in the major leagues. When complete, Citi Field will feature:

• More than 1,300 LCD screens and 4,000 square feet of direct view LED screens in public spaces, enhancing the fan experience at every touch point and even alerting them when their team merchandise is ready for pick up
  • A ballpark-wide IPTV system that will carry nearly 100 channels of sports and entertainment content
  • Double the number of slow-motion replay systems and three times as many cameras for increased game coverage
  • An enhanced and fully upgraded scoreboard to display the latest LED technology and handle 4K video
An iconic landmark and historic symbol of New York City, Citi Field will welcome fans to experience one of America’s favorite pastimes like never before through Samsung innovations. The multi-year technology upgrade is scheduled to begin in 2022.

LI-copy-4-950x497.png

LI-copy-5-950x497.png

I like the view of buildings and Shea Bridge. I just hope that the potential upgraded scoreboard will not be in the way

Thanks for the updates.

Patiently waiting to see who the manager will be. I prefer the safe choice of Buck tbh.

Well it's official, Buck is the guy.

Personally, he checks a lot of the boxes.

- Has experience managing in big cities (one of those cities previously being NY is icing on the cake).
- Media savvy
- Experienced and well respected throughout baseball
- Regarded as a good in-game manager
- Guided multiple teams to the post-season

The cons:

- Old
- Never won it all
- .500 manager in 20+ seasons

I'm glad Eppler/Cohen didn't go with YET AGAIN another rookie manager. Enough with that. LGM.

Thanks for the updates.

Patiently waiting to see who the manager will be. I prefer the safe choice of Buck tbh.

No problem. I’ll try my best to update as much as I can

Well it's official, Buck is the guy.

Personally, he checks a lot of the boxes.

- Has experience managing in big cities (one of those cities previously being NY is icing on the cake).
- Media savvy
- Experienced and well respected throughout baseball
- Regarded as a good in-game manager
- Guided multiple teams to the post-season

The cons:

- Old
- Never won it all
- .500 manager in 20+ seasons

I'm glad Eppler/Cohen didn't go with YET AGAIN another rookie manager. Enough with that. LGM.

The important part is that everybody is on the same page. I know Buck made some bad decisions like by not going with his best closers against the Mariners in 1995 playoffs and against the Blue Jays in 2017 playoffs

The Mets intended to announce their decision on Monday but Cohen couldn’t wait and decided to tweet on his own like a kid is excited by getting a candy

Many people praise the Mets. So weird

The Mets are still interested in Kris Bryant tho

Mets are not %$+!?@$ around this winter.

I love it.

Highest payroll in MLB, highest AAV for our newest pitcher and a sexy roster along with it.

Now adding Buc who can get the most out of this roster.

Great time to be a mets fan.

LGM

Also, stroman was addition by subtraction. Heard he was a problem in the clubhouse.

I believe it. I'm ok with him gone

Nice. Kid looks to have a nice easy swing.

Interesting to see all the well-wishes for Buck from twitter and the sports shows. Seems like he has a ton of support and the signing has been very well received. Definitely a good time to be a Mets fan rn.

As for Stro, I would've liked him back but am already over it. If those reports are true then it's definitely all good.

LGM

I saw the interview today.

I love that he and his wife work on baseball strategy together.

Buck and his wife doing analytics back in the 80s, awesome.

Back
Top Bottom