🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace

I like Alderson. He's brilliant. He definitely knows his stuff

It's just that he doesn't intend to run this organization fully. He has already stated about it on the first day of his interview on zoom after Cohen brought him back

I assume that he is waiting for the best person to run the Mets organization. That's what President Of Baseball Operations does for. Brewers owner won't let Stearns go. Many MLB teams were not interested in losing their employees during pandemic. Theo Epstein was still under a contract. That's probably why Alderson decided to put POBO on hold

The team president positions suits Alderson. I mean our previous team president was Saul Katz :sick:

Rojas should stay with the organization but I would understand if he decided to pursue an opportunity elsewhere.

I don't dislike Sandy. But we can't dispute that this organization has largely underperformed during his tenure. Injuries are a part of the game but this club seems to suffer the most in that area for whatever reason.

I'm not blaming Alderson for the injuries. But maybe a closer look at the people who run the analytics and/or training needs to happen.

Thor threw a slider which surprised Keith and Gary making them wonder if he had the green light from rehab/analytics to do that or not. Little things like that is what I'm referring to. Everyone just needs to be on the same page when it comes to these injuries and the care for our top players.

I just hope they hire their President of Baseball Operations, and get the GM stuff handled before they pursue any managers. Let the POBO/GM handle the manager hiring. The new regime should be making those decisions.

I agree 💯

I'm waiting for Theo Epstein to come on board. His resume is quite special

Beane claims he knows nothing about the Mets having interest in him. LOL

Beane is cool but I really would prefer Theo.

On a sidenote, I was watching the Nets preseason report and it was dope to see Durant talk about baseball and mention his attendance at Mets games this past season. :pimp:

This

I hope they find their new POBO as soon as possible

If they want the cream of the crop front office wise. I’m sure they’re going to want full control and all sorts of other perks and amenities. This isn’t the Wilpons so I know money isn’t an issue for Cohen, but I wonder if he’s willing to give full control.

Someone like Theo Epstein who has nothing left to prove front office. I doubt they’re taking a job with any team unless it’s strictly on their terms and they’re getting everything they want out of the deal.

Similar with Billy Beane to where he has a comfort zone and ideal situation in Oakland to where his job would never be in jeopardy. I think he’s hesitant to leave his comfort zone. But the thought of him being able to pretty much have moneyball but with money to spend on players is intriguing.

^
Beane having to give up his little ownership stake in the A's surely feeds into his hesitancy. That comfort zone you mentioned vs playing moneyball with actual money now is definitely a tough decision.

Theo ain't doing **** but chilling in the commissioner's office right now. So unless he has plans to try and somehow be the next commissioner, the challenge of going for the trifecta should be appealing to him.

Besides, Theo could still chase after being commissioner once he's done with the Mets. He's only 47. And Manfred is still relatively young at 63 which means he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Does Theo really want to sit for the next 10 years or so in the office just chilling?

"Epstein’s contentment working to improve baseball’s on-field product for the league, plus a desire for his next team job to involve an ownership stake, building an organization from the ground up, may have made his candidacy with the Mets a long shot."

I had a feeling an ownership stake would be part of the holdup.

Oh well, on to Beane.

I think he will pass for the same reasons Theo did. But let's see what happens.

I'd be surprised if Beane willing to sell his ownership stakes to accept the job from the Mets. Beane is well known for rejecting big money offers for years. Oakland is his comfort zone

Chatted with fellow Mets fans from Discord. They like the idea of hiring Josh Byrnes from the Dodgers even Beane is their first choice tho

Better not be doing all this house cleaning just to bring in some weird *** hire like Bobby V or Cashman or Wright (ala Jeter) or Jessica Mendoza or some stupid ****. :lol:

Obviously I'm not serious about any of those people. But imagine the Mets firing all these coaches and not getting a big and/or VERY well respected name. :smh:

Better not be doing all this house cleaning just to bring in some weird *** hire like Bobby V or Cashman or Wright (ala Jeter) or Jessica Mendoza or some stupid ****. :lol:

Obviously I'm not serious about any of those people. But imagine the Mets firing all these coaches and not getting a big and/or VERY well respected name. :smh:

I hear and agree with you. We have to be patient and hopefully things will work out.

On another note....here's an article on our soon to be 39 year old 2nd Baseman. https://www.sny.tv/articles/robinson-cano-mets-winter-ball-2021
I thought 2022 was his last year, but its the following year. We have to pay this man $20Million the next 2 seasons :frown:
I hate you Brody Van Wagenen.

I hate Brody too. :lol:

I was reading somewhere else last week about how Robbie will likely have to prove himself at camp next spring. I've always been a fan but at 39 with a year off, it's definitely going to be an uphill climb for him. I think he still has enough left in the tank for at least 1 more season.

Saw a couple of articles already detailing who the Mets should go after as manager.

Cliffsnotes:

Beltran, Bruce Bochy, Bob Melvin, Buch Showalter, and John Gibbons.

Bochy intrigues me. Gibbons meh. Beltran and Buck nah. Bob only if he's coming over with Beane.

I haven't seen any new news on a potential GM. :ohwell:

Im against having to trade any of our prospects for a GM or Coach.

With that said, Im interested in Schilt as well as Bruce Bochy.
We need a veteran coach who's not afraid to get in these players faces.

Walt Weiss is another interesting choice:

He comes from a successful organization.

I hate Brody too. :lol:

I was reading somewhere else last week about how Robbie will likely have to prove himself at camp next spring. I've always been a fan but at 39 with a year off, it's definitely going to be an uphill climb for him. I think he still has enough left in the tank for at least 1 more season.

Saw a couple of articles already detailing who the Mets should go after as manager.

Cliffsnotes:

Beltran, Bruce Bochy, Bob Melvin, Buch Showalter, and John Gibbons.

Bochy intrigues me. Gibbons meh. Beltran and Buck nah. Bob only if he's coming over with Beane.

I haven't seen any new news on a potential GM. :ohwell:

Im good with bringing in Beltran only as a hitting coach or bench coach, the THE Manager. He needs some experience first.
I cant stand so many people wanting a man with absolutely no coaching experience at all to be the Head Coach. Being a great player, and Beltran was a GREAT player, doesnt always translate into being a great coach.

I expect the Mets to make some moves after the World Series.

It's no surprise anyways. Like I said it's a pipe dream to get one of those big three names for POBO

I dont want any rookies for any lead positions, they could be assistants.

Man, this offseason is going to be nuts.

Patiently waiting for the WS to conclude to see what opportunities may open up for the Mets.

**** looking like a disaster thus far though.

Back
Top Bottom