🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace

Im giving Thor a 1 year, qualifying offer and no more.

Baez doing it again on the basepaths. He's showing he can impact the game in so many ways that we lack.

I like Mcneil, Nimmo, Castellanos in the outfield.

Villar, Lindor, Baez, Alonso in the infield.

Sign Stroman, Castellanos, Baez, Villar, Thor and maybe 1 more starting pitcher and 1 bullpen, we should be good to win the pennant in 2022.

I really can't argue with any of that analysis. I see you neglected to mention Conforto so I'm guessing he's out in your scenario.

Sandy had a presser today and according to the guys on the broadcast tonight, it sounds as if Rojas will be let go at season's end.

Luis makes some questionable decisions at times but there's something to be said for consistency.

I'm not the biggest fan of his but he's far from dreadful and the team absolutely plays hard for him as evidenced by all the 1 run ball games.

I would bring him back unless there's a guarantee that some top flight manager is on his way.

I really can't argue with any of that analysis. I see you neglected to mention Conforto so I'm guessing he's out in your scenario.

Sandy had a presser today and according to the guys on the broadcast tonight, it sounds as if Rojas will be let go at season's end.

Luis makes some questionable decisions at times but there's something to be said for consistency.

I'm not the biggest fan of his but he's far from dreadful and the team absolutely plays hard for him as evidenced by all the 1 run ball games.

I would bring him back unless there's a guarantee that some top flight manager is on his way.
They gotta give dude another season. I hate to make it about race, but I think if he was white he would have a longer leash.

We can drink Brugal at a Bronx baby shower, but they gotta kick rocks. I want to see the Mets win a title in my lifetime. Well technically, they won in my lifetime but I was too young.
True. I think I’m gonna head to the game tomorrow. The Mac and cheese w pulled pork from Blue smoke calling my name. I let Rojas know what you think about him.

Im ok with Rojas coming back. Lindor, Dom, Mcneil and Conforto all had the worst season of their careers, Degrom gone for half the season. Carasco and Thor missed almost the entire season.

Rojas isn't to blame and continuity is important. Rojas can stay, Conforto and Familia gotta go. Amongst others.

The offense has been garbage for years now.

DeGrom got injured and who did we get at the trade deadline...Rich Hill. Smh, this season isnt entirely on Rojas.

Sounds as if Rojas has lukewarm support in here at best. Like I said, he's not my favorite but I was willing to give him another year.

Whoever the next manager is has to be given a real chance. This is why I said before that the Mets need to avoid these rookie managers and go after a proven guy. We'll see how that works out this winter. All depends on who the new baseball Ops guy is.

Another thing I saw on postgame was a breakdown of Sandy's presser where they speculated he's probably not that interested in bringing back Baez. They timed it and it took Sandy a full 8 seconds before he responded on whether or not he wants to bring back Javy. :smh:

20210930_002434.jpg

Nice. I can imagine how fire it was in there when Mike made that catch in the 9th.

Nice sendoff for him.

Personally, I think they should bring him back. I strongly believe he'll have a strong year next year. Especially if he returns to NY.

edit:

Btw, 30 for 30 coming on at midnight for anyone who missed it.

I feel like Scooter has reached his maximum potential. I don't think he can get better unless he improves his swing speed

To be honest, if he wants to come back, he should just fire his agent Boras. Money is all Boras cares about

Khalil Lee has improved so much since he was sent back to the minor. He's been named to MLB Pipeline's Prospect Of the Year Second Team along with our future star Alvarez

I expect Lee and Mark Vientos to make the major squad next season

Last edited:
Sounds as if Rojas has lukewarm support in here at best. Like I said, he's not my favorite but I was willing to give him another year.

Whoever the next manager is has to be given a real chance. This is why I said before that the Mets need to avoid these rookie managers and go after a proven guy. We'll see how that works out this winter. All depends on who the new baseball Ops guy is.

Another thing I saw on postgame was a breakdown of Sandy's presser where they speculated he's probably not that interested in bringing back Baez. They timed it and it took Sandy a full 8 seconds before he responded on whether or not he wants to bring back Javy. :smh:

20210930_002434.jpg

Such silly :lol:

I'd bring Baez back. He's been our best hitter since the deadline. He is a New York kind of player plus his great impact on Lindor. Baez mentions he's seeing the ball better than before. 51 k's in 46 games as a Met (131 k's in 91 games as a Cub)

Rojas is a rookie coach as far Major league level. Hes been coaching minor league ball for over 10years. That's 10 years more experience than Beltran has on any kind of coaching.

If the price is right, we should bring back baez, and im ok with K.Lee making the roster.

I have no problem with Rojas. I think he did a decent job

From what I see, he's definitely growing as a manager

He was often quiet last year;
Zero ejection in the 2020 season
Three ejections this season

Rojas acknowledges team's main weakness: offense

Speaking of Beltran , the Red Sox hired Cora back. The Tigers hired AJ Hinch

Shall we give Beltran a chance? For hitting coach position. Beltran is the one who helped Lindor out when Lindor and his family moved to NYC

I have no problem with Rojas. I think he did a decent job

From what I see, he's definitely growing as a manager

He was often quiet last year;
Zero ejection in the 2020 season
Three ejections this season

Rojas acknowledges team's main weakness: offense

Speaking of Beltran , the Red Sox hired Cora back. The Tigers hired AJ Hinch

Shall we give Beltran a chance? For hitting coach position. Beltran is the one who helped Lindor out when Lindor and his family moved to NYC

Beltran as the hitting coach is genius. Retain Rojas as the coach and you've got nice mets pedigree in there.

Love love love the idea of Beltran as hitting coach. How would he feel about a "demotion" though? Same with keeping Rojas. How would he too feel about being demoted? Personally, I think staying with this team would be a good long term move for both of their careers. I mean, what big league club will give Rojas a sniff at the manager position after this?
* edit: apparently Rojas will be looked at as a "hot candidate" if the Mets let him go *

How do you guys feel about Francona? I'm not as knowledgeable about the rest of the league as perhaps some of you guys.... but from what I understand, Tito had some health issues and had to step back from managing. Perhaps he may be available if Cle is looking to move on.

The pros: he is a proven winner, he has history with the Mets' biggest star already, and Tito isn't afraid of big cities or big moments.
The cons: he has health issues, he has strong ties to Mickey Callaway which could be an issue. :sick:

Either way, I can see him being an option if Theo becomes a reality.

I see Dusty may also be available. He's definitely a proven winner and the only con is that he hasn't ever won the big one. But he too isn't afraid of big cities/moments and I feel that's an absolute must have quality for the next manager.

Last edited:
Beltran is currently unemployed, how would it be a demotion if he were named batting coach ?

Francona, and dusty, no thanks. Francona has missed a lot of time with his health. I might be persuaded with dusty tho, the astros have been playing very well under his leadership.

Just a demotion in the sense that he was offered the manager's position and now he would instead be offered the hitting coach position.

We know these guys have huge egos and as a pro, I'm sure that would be a tough pill to swallow for Beltran.

All I know is that I'm ready for Sandy to depart. I honestly don't even understand his role or position at this point.

Cohen needs to wash the entire Wilpon stink off of this franchise and start from the ground up imo.

Just a demotion in the sense that he was offered the manager's position and now he would instead be offered the hitting coach position.

We know these guys have huge egos and as a pro, I'm sure that would be a tough pill to swallow for Beltran.

All I know is that I'm ready for Sandy to depart. I honestly don't even understand his role or position at this point.

Cohen needs to wash the entire Wilpon stink off of this franchise and start from the ground up imo.

Sandy basically wore every hat, head of operations, GM, etc. When you look at the 2015 team, he drafted everyone of the guys on the field. Hes still got something left in the tank and now with Cohens $, i think Sandy can win a world series with the mets. He did drop the ball a bit with the 2 gm firings this season.

Sandy does like spending $, he gave Céspedes his contract as well as David Wrights.

This offseason is going to be NUTS and I'm excited about that.

Back
Top Bottom