⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even if they had "a few more wins" wouldn't his OVERALL statistical package be viewed as "Empty?"
If he was dominating the 4th every game and putting his team in position to win? I don't see how that could be empty. But the thing is you rarely see a player consistently kill 4th quarters and lose all the time..that type of play leads to wins more often than not

If he was dominating the 4th every game and putting his team in position to win? I don't see how that could be empty. But the thing is you rarely see a player consistently kill 4th quarters and lose all the time..that type of play leads to wins more often than not

It would be viewed as empty because of the Team Record.

On a basic level, most people call stats EMPTY if they aren't leading the team to a significant win total.

But again, that goes to the lack of transparency as to what these made up labels even mean.

WTH :lol:

giphy.gif

It would be viewed as empty because of the Team Record.

On a basic level, most people call stats EMPTY if they aren't leading the team to a significant win total.

But again, that goes to the lack of transparency as to what these made up labels even mean.
Viewed as empty by who? I didn't say that. You're talking about something that has nothing to do with me. Guys who put up empty stats are not consistently putting their teams in position to win or hitting momentum killing/building shots over the course of a 48 minute game. That's why it's empty. And if you are doing those things, you're not gonna be losing games left and right

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Just looking at Clutch Stats from an easily sortable reference.

There are quite a few folks on this list that were on losing teams.

You're talking about overall record. This chart doesn't show me the record in these highlighted games that fit this specific criteria. Ex Giannis had 21 games like this last season but what was the bucks record in those games. And even with that more than half of the top 20 are guys on playoff/play in teams

You're talking about overall record. This chart doesn't show me the record in these highlighted games that fit this specific criteria. Ex Giannis had 21 games like this last season but what was the bucks record in those games. And even with that more than half of the top 20 are guys on playoff/play in teams

Yea, I am talking about overall record.

So do you (personally) view Empty Stats on a game-by-game basis?

I have/generally seen/see people use it on a long-term/season type description of a player's stats.

I think it is considering his age. And you got other youngsters like Morant and fox that can go.
I’m thinking if you top 10 you in the upper half of starters in the league. Basically just a good starter.

The pacers when healthy have the closest line up with a top 10 player at every position.

Yea, I am talking about overall record.

So do you (personally) view Empty Stats on a game-by-game basis?

I have/generally seen/see people use it on a long-term/season type description of a player's stats.
Yea it's game by game. But some guys are prone to put up empty stats more often than not. Harden has had great moments and big games in the playoffs. But he's still playoff Harden

Yea it's game by game. But some guys are prone to put up empty stats more often than not. Harden has had great moments and big games in the playoffs. But he's still playoff Harden

Got you. I wonder how many people look at it this way.

Not saying I agree with the concept since there are many other things that need to considered if a team wins/loses but thanks for explaining.

I’m thinking if you top 10 you in the upper half of starters in the league. Basically just a good starter.
Well that depends on the position.

In 2020, A top 10 PG and a Top 10 C wouldn't have the same "value" since one position is significantly deeper than the other.

It's interesting yo don't see it in any of the highlights...in fact you have to specifically youtube it to find it.

SVP usually doesn’t ********, like last night he showed that from every angle and the video of Embiid saying he’d be tossed if it were him

Well that depends on the position.

In 2020, A top 10 PG and a Top 10 C wouldn't have the same "value" since one position is significantly deeper than the other.
They are about equal now.

The top two C’s right now Embiid and Jokic are on teams with better recorder than the top two PG’s in years past there would be a gap. Things are about even now.

Jokic
Embiid
Gobert
KAT
Vuc
Ayton
Wood
Turner
Drummond

The PG’s
Curry, Dame, Kyrie, Trae, Brogdon, JA, Fox, Lowry, Murray,CP

They are about equal now.

The top two C’s right now Embiid and Jokic are on teams with better recorder than the top two PG’s in years past there would be a gap. Things are about even now.

Jokic
Embiid
Gobert
KAT
Vuc
Ayton
Wood
Turner
Drummond

The PG’s
Curry, Dame, Kyrie, Trae, Brogdon, JA, Fox, Lowry, Murray,CP

This is the natural progression of the game.

in the early/ mid 00's young guards were developing advanced skills and shooting/ scoring has become a requirement for every guard to have in the bag.
in the 10s you saw that with guards dominating the decade
during that decade, young bigs are now expected to pickup guard skills (as opposed to only learning the post)
Now you see the quality of bigs in today's game

What's also interesting is up until the mid 00s you could get away with being fat/ out of shape if you're tall enough, but now you rarely see an out of shape player in today's game

First it was the guard, then came the big, I wonder what the next evolution will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom