⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
What DLo did was immature and whack, but get over it!
So we’re just going to condone snitching and breaking up relationships now? This you famb?
1611233514490.jpeg

You rocking with Tekashi 69? :smh:

Lots of teams these days don't crash the boards. Once the shot goes up, all the players sprint back on defense. I don't like that strategy at all. I think that's why pg's have so many rebounds these days.

Considering scoring has been on the rise as the years pass, coaches simply want to be prepared to defend as soon as possible. If a big is near the basket, he might attempt at an offensive rebound but if there is no prime OREB position available, get back on defense. (Not assuming you DON'T understand why it happens)

Brogdon > Jrue
Take the money out of it. I was playing shooting guard with the Bucks. I enjoy playing shooting guard, but scoring is not my main thing on the court, it’s actually not what I want to do. That’s not my first option. I want to get guys involved. I want to win, I feel like I’m a winner above everything else and I compete on both ends. And Indiana brings the best out of me, when you look at what I just talked about. Putting me in the point guard position, it allows me to play in my role, in my position, and lead. I think the point guard has to be, if not the leader, one of the biggest leaders on the team. He has to be vocal, he has to demand respect and that’s what I feel like I bring to the game, and bring to my team.”
Sounds like he was never coming back. Only way they could’ve prevented it was taking him in the first round so they could match any offer, of course they didn’t know how he would turn out so he fell to them in the 2nd, and those guys are unrestricted FAs once the rookie deal is up

Sounds like he was never coming back. Only way they could’ve prevented it was taking him in the first round so they could match any offer, of course they didn’t know how he would turn out so he fell to them in the 2nd, and those guys are unrestricted FAs once the rookie deal is up
Brogdon was restricted.

But once Bledsoe inked his deal, Brogdon was done in Milwaukee. He wanted the ball in his hands more. Plus I think Milwaukee wasn't confident in his health.

I believe Indy's owner called Milwaukee's owner personally to get a deal done.

Damn, I didn’t know that distinction about resigning first/second round picks. That’s a gamechanger. I honestly don’t vividly remember the situation but thought it was about money because I do recall us calling them cheap and talking about how they goofed.

The dialogue about Milwaukee bungling the Brogdon situation has gone from a biweekly to weekly conversation now :lol:

Edit: Yeah what I was thinking it was along the lines of what pmatic pmatic outlined

It doesn't matter, At best, 2nd round exit.

He needs to average 37.

What do you think about that? Failure or success getting to the 2nd round without another star? They're a 4th seed minimum imo.

Outside of Lakers, and clips, who would you say is consistently better in the west? So far. Not based on previous years. Just from what we've seen through 12 games. I have them better than phoenix. They've been playing elite defense which has enabled them to compete with most teams. Especially in the west. They get to 3rd or 4th, they wouldnt even have to face the top 2 til late. Could possibly beat denver or utah. Portland is cooked.

Not gassing them but just based on what we've seen so far...they should have a positive outlook. And they have the 4th toughest schedule now and they're staying afloat. Which means it'll get easier and they should rack up wins provided they stay healthy.

What do you think about that? Failure or success getting to the 2nd round without another star? They're a 4th seed minimum imo.

Outside of Lakers, and clips, who would you say is consistently better in the west? So far. Not based on previous years. Just from what we've seen through 12 games. I have them better than phoenix. They've been playing elite defense which has enabled them to compete with most teams. Especially in the west. They get to 3rd or 4th, they wouldnt even have to face the top 2 til late. Could possibly beat denver or utah. Portland is cooked.

Not gassing them but just based on what we've seen so far...they should have a positive outlook. And they have the 4th toughest schedule now and they're staying afloat. Which means it'll get easier and they should rack up wins provided they stay healthy.

Steph is solidified to me. Nothing he does matters to me. He is complete success already. He is playing with house money this season. He can't "fail."

I am just saying I personally don't have high expectations for this GSW team to be ultra-competitive with the following teams once they play up to their abilities.
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz

I think GSW has a CHANCE to beat everyone else but I wouldn't BET on them.

TO me, at best they are the 5th team in the West. But I could also say that about DAL/MEM and to a degree PHO (not too sure about them though).

So anything from 5-8 is what I expect from them.

Brogdon was restricted.

But once Bledsoe inked his deal, Brogdon was done in Milwaukee. He wanted the ball in his hands more. Plus I think Milwaukee wasn't confident in his health.

I believe Indy's owner called Milwaukee's owner personally to get a deal done.
Ive always wondered this.

if Micky Arison offers selling a yacht to a fellow owner way below market value in exchange For trade compensation .

these owners have too much Businesses And connections to wigglw out of this

Steph is playing at a high level. playing like this, he should be able to lead the Warriors to the playoffs. It's just kind of funny that when he was struggling I heard "Steph is past his prime" and "he needs more help" but now that he's playing better people are saying that anymore. Interesting. 🤔

Good for Steph though. He's an all-time great player playing at a high level

Ive always wondered this.

if Micky Arison offers selling a yacht to a fellow owner way below market value in exchange For trade compensation .

these owners have too much Businesses And connections to wigglw out of this
I believe teams can offer “cash considerations” in trades because that was a big thing in The Bubble with TJ Warren but I’m not exactly sure how that works or the limitations. I think that (and trading picks) has happened with coaches as well.

I wonder what type of contract Lonzo is going to get in the off-season, especially with NAW's progress. Are the Pelicans going to resign him?

Last edited:
Steph is playing at a high level. playing like this, he should be able to lead the Warriors to the playoffs. It's just kind of funny that when he was struggling I heard "Steph is past his prime" and "he needs more help" but now that he's playing better people are saying that anymore. Interesting. 🤔

Good for Steph though. He's an all-time great player playing at a high level

IT WAS THREE GAMES INTO THE SEASON

This what have you done for me now culture is out of control.

Imagine that a brand new team/starting line up is starting to gel more after 14 games

I believe teams can offer “cash considerations” in trades because that was a big thing in The Bubble with TJ Warren but I’m not exactly sure how that works or the limitations. I think that (and trading picks) has happened with coaches as well.
There’s a limit on how much cash you can offer in compensation.

I believe it's a $5M limit per NBA season.
I wonder what type of contract Lonzo is going to get in the off-season, especially with NAW's progress. Are the Pelicans going to resign him?

He's a terrible fit with the current New Orleans starters and SVG's offense. Plus he himself is very limited.

IT WAS THREE GAMES INTO THE SEASON

This what have you done for me now culture is out of control.

Imagine that a brand new team/starting line up is starting to gel more after 14 games

That's my whole point. Steph was never passed his prime and he never needed more help. They just weren't playing well. Three games into season people were lining up making excuses for Steph and the Warriors when all the needed to do was play better. Now they're playing better and they look like a playoff contender.

There’s a limit on how much cash you can offer in compensation.

Ahhhh figured. In that case, what you proposed would definitely be out of pocket for a few reasons. The most obvious being that it would give the wealthiest owners a leg up on everyone else in a league with a salary cap. Second, and maybe more important, the owner accepting a yacht in order to trade a player would mean they’re putting their own self interests above their fanbase which definitely wouldn’t go over well.

Having said that, I’m all about grey areas and loopholes so I would explore this if I was ever an owner/part of an ownership group :lol:

Man was ahead of his time

“This two month old video that is just coming to light now thanks to the internet. Howard’s comments were recorded on a cellphone camera...and have spread like wildfire on the internet” :lol:

:smh: at Wayne, D’marus and Larry not standing with Josh. Cornball brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom