⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you crown a team before they deliver, and they disappoint, this is the reaction that will happen. This Nets team has problems that have been rightfully pointed out and they shouldn’t be given this pass to the finals so quickly. This is a similar phenomenon to when the Clippers lost

Since the “Big 3 Era”, teams that were crowned before playing generally fare pretty poorly in Year 1, right? Boston won in ‘08 and Warriors won in ‘17 but Miami lost in ‘11, Cleveland lost in ‘15 and Clippers lost in ‘20.

Im not sure the last Nets super team counts because they played in the Heatles era so they weren’t crowned...I don’t think?

Since the “Big 3 Era”, teams that were crowned before playing generally fare pretty poorly in Year 1, right? Boston won in ‘08 and Warriors won in ‘17 but Miami lost in ‘11, Cleveland lost in ‘15 and Clippers lost in ‘20.

Im not sure the last Nets super team counts because they played in the Heatles era so they weren’t crowned...I don’t think?
I won’t say poorly but they don’t live up to the expectations that are put on them. Who knows, the Nets could get it together next season but for now I think we have plenty reasons to chill out with advancing them to the ECF so quickly. That’s my say on it. Every time the Nets lose, there will be a bigger fuss about it than normal.

Depth is important
08 celtics were deep

i wouldnt call the clippers a "super team"

but all modern big 3, super teams have suspect depth and issues figuring out chemistry in year 1 for sure. so it might be a little unfair to say "see? told y'all." when the nets have only played 1 game with all 3 in the lineup.

KD didnt touch the ball much in either OT. that has to change, and it most likely will, in time.

I won’t say poorly but they don’t live up to the expectations that are put on them. Who knows, the Nets could get it together next season but for now I think we have plenty reasons to chill out with advancing them to the ECF so quickly. That’s my say on it. Every time the Nets lose, there will be a bigger fuss about it than normal.
but all modern big 3, super teams have suspect depth and issues figuring out chemistry in year 1 for sure. so it might be a little unfair to say "see? told y'all." when the nets have only played 1 game with all 3 in the lineup.

KD didnt touch the ball much in either OT. that has to change, and it most likely will, in time.

“Don’t live up to expectations.” You put it much more eloquently, thank you! I am in agreement with you about the notes. It’s one game and it was there first together but as many folks have said they lost because of the exact reasons why folks doubt them. Lots of basketball left to play, though.

MVP MVP good title change. Yes it's just sports but still, it's a good point

I still have trouble associating myself with the flag though. I don't know when or if ever I'll look at the flag the same again. It's not just who the President is but how disturbing millions and millions of Americans exposed themselves to be. As well as all the **** that has been covered up for decades

Holidays for me also aint been the same for a long time now

Derrick Favors is 29
1D54F7B3-C558-42F4-AAE9-CA0D7BC7042C.png
?? He was older than me, so how did I pass him by 5 years
1D54F7B3-C558-42F4-AAE9-CA0D7BC7042C.png
????

#FadeForCade

Rockets should tank and hope Adam silver looks out for them with the #1 pick

I still have trouble associating myself with the flag though. I don't know when or if ever I'll look at the flag the same again. It's not just who the President is but how disturbing millions and millions of Americans exposed themselves to be. As well as all the **** that has been covered up for decades

Pretty much my same feelings. The last 4 years all the staunch USA USA rah rah folks exposed the hell out of themselves. All the Blue Lives, don’t tread on me, Stand For The Flag, DEFEND The Police,etc folks are all in the same bunch. You’re not supposed to judge a book by it’s cover, but I already know your entire personality and viewpoints if you wear any of that type of stuff. No discussions or compromising needs to be made if that’s how you roll.

It's still early so we'll give them a pass for now but honestly the Nets shouldn't have to "figure it out" against the Cavs :lol:
They're supposed to win that on talent alone especially when two of them drop 30+ and another with 20+. Plus no one should be giving up 147pts to the Cavs unless you're the Wizards.

Word. The American flag seems racist as hell nowadays especially the way those types rep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom