⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bron-Love-Kyrie Cavs kind of had a similar thing going on right? High rated offense but swiss cheese defense.
I"m not using this game as an indicator for anything but just making a comparison; Heatles were looking rough their first few months assembled and still made the Finals.

Honestly I've never respected the flag. Since I saw Malcom X as a I kid, first thing you see is the flag burning in that movie and rest of the movie shows you how ugly america is. Being born in 88 the Rodney King incident was a constant topic when I was kid through the 90's. It's instilled in a lot of us at a young age that cops are dirty, a lot of white people are racist, don't trust your teachers, etc. Had to learn that **** early.

Honestly I've never respected the flag. Since I saw Malcom X as a I kid, first thing you see is the flag burning in that movie and rest of the movie shows you how ugly america is. Being born in 88 the Rodney King incident was a constant topic when I was kid through the 90's. It's instilled in a lot of us at a young age that cops are dirty, a lot of white people are racist, don't trust your teachers, etc. Had to learn that **** early.
One of the illest openings to a FILM, ever.
Not just Spike Lee’s Magnum Opus, it’s the greatest Biopic in American History.
Nothing missed.
**** needs to rerelease in Theaters like it’s never been released before.
After seeing how tone deaf people were about the Kaep situation Can you imagine how upset people would be about the burning of that flag on Big Screen?

I respected our flag in an artificial sense with all the liberties that our country supposedly stands for, but that image has been eroded as I've gotten older. I still look at that flag with hopes of us striving to be better, but lately, all of the people that hold it close are closed-minded ingrates. So lately, that flag has been basically invisible to me.

One of the illest openings to a FILM, ever.
Not just Spike Lee’s Magnum Opus, it’s the greatest Biopic in American History.
Nothing missed.
**** needs to rerelease in Theaters like it’s never been released before.
After seeing how tone deaf people were about the Kaep situation Can you imagine how upset people would be about the burning of that flag on Big Screen?

I would say that and The Hurricane. That's why Denzel the best actor ever to me. Love Pacino and De Niro but Denzel made them movies that made me feel something different.

Warriors on pace to be 6-1 when Steph hits 30+. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican needs to see 60 more games before he makes any correlation tho
Steph ended with 26 tonight and they won by 22. The NT Jinx never fails :lol: They did have 31 assists, though which means players were knocking down shots (to your favorite point that Steph has enough help)

wavycrocket wavycrocket I looked it up and the Dubs are actually averaging 26APG and have had 30+ in 4 out of the last 5. Yet dudes (some eem in the GSW Thread) were questioning Kerr’s coaching chops

141026007_4454357351259894_666131237908461109_o.jpg

17SPOKANE2-superJumbo.jpg

source.gif

National Anthem+Flag thing always felt weird and cultish to me, once I picked up what kind of people are the most passionate about the flag I knew what time it was.

And that nonsense that happened down at the Capital showed that alot of white people don't love and respect the country as much they claim. The love privileges they get but the moment they don't get their way they act a fool. They tell us to respect the system whenever one of these cops gets away with murder but they couldn't even handle losing an election.

Other than the 62 pert game....this was Steph best game since 2019. +30. Screening, defending, making open shots, rebounding, playing with force and passing. All in 3 quarters worth of play.

Love to see it. Shorty getting the rhythm back.

steph's attacking that "janky" box and 1 defense instead of depending on contested 3s. he's splitting defenders and going down hill coming off the pick or making the pocket pass to Wiseman. the man is unguardable when he plays aggressive

back to back game freezing defenders with a left to right hesi :sick: :sick: :sick: small sample size but steph's handle got even better this off season.

D'Angelo Russell f'd up so bad recording Nick Young with his cellphone years ago that he's still dealing with fallout from it. A f'n bench player even took a shot at him on social networks.

The labeling of a snitch is a lifetime scar - Jay-Z on A Week Ago off Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life

Warriors have a decent schedule the next 2 weeks. I. Expecting a run if all things go accordingly.

Team with Klay would be OD.

This is what elite defense really looks like.

Lots of teams these days don't crash the boards. Once the shot goes up, all the players sprint back on defense. I don't like that strategy at all. I think that's why pg's have so many rebounds these days.

Come on. You guys should know better than to give these trolls attention (although I do like some of Shannon's non-basketball takes). The worst part about it is that we're entering the worst part of the sports calendar, after football season and before the NBA playoffs. There's not much to talk about so these talking head shows are going to be analyzing every regular season game that the Nets and Lakers play.

"What does this loss tell you about the Nets?"

"Does this loss make you concerned for the Lakers and LeBron?"

Then they'll talk about a regular season game in February for 20 minutes 🤦🏿‍♂️. Games at this point don't mean anything. We don't know anything about the Nets, and we don't know anything about the Lakers. these are just meaningless regular season games in the first half of the season. Wake me up in April
You occasionally say stuff that belongs on Skip and SHannon's show though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom