⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea ever since your people made it about race.

1611092214776.png

:lol:

Honestly it wasn't until social media became an every day part of life did I start hearing people complain about parity in the NBA.

Honestly it wasn't until social media became an every day part of life did I start hearing people complain about parity in the NBA.

I think those complaints were around pre-social media, but always from just a loud minority of people. Even if they won’t admit it, most people like dynasties/super teams. Whether they root for them or love to root against them.

It’s why the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys are the most popular franchises in their respective sports.

I think those complaints were around pre-social media, but always from just a loud minority of people. Even if they won’t admit it, most people like dynasties/super teams. Whether they root for them or love to root against them.

It’s why the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys are the most popular franchises in their respective sports.
That’s exactly what it is. It’s the vocal minority that wants parity, but casual fan interest was massive during the GSW run and the Miami Big 3. I’ve never talked to so many people who weren’t basketball fans and turned in just to watch the Warriors, since Jordan.

Same is true in all sports. F1 fans always complaining the sport is going to die because Lewis Hamilton is so dominant and yet ratings are bigger than ever.

Not sure what else they want. Cleveland, Toronto, Dallas and Miami all have championships in a span of a decade.

To me, complaining about a sudden lack of parity in the NBA is an immediate sign that the person doesn't know what they're talking about. Since 1980, 6 franchises have won like 35 of the titles and with the exception of the Rockets repeat, the other one-off teams played one of those 6 franchises.

The game the same, just got more fierce

That’s exactly what it is. It’s the vocal minority that wants parity, but casual fan interest was massive during the GSW run and the Miami Big 3. I’ve never talked to so many people who weren’t basketball fans and turned in just to watch the Warriors, since Jordan.

Same is true in all sports. F1 fans always complaining the sport is going to die because Lewis Hamilton is so dominant and yet ratings are bigger than ever.

Right. And golf never was talked about more than when Tiger was dominating.

Since it’s a slow day, there’s only two games tonight and it appears his career is nearing the end, might as well get this out of the way now - Is Blake Griffin a HOFer?

11 seasons, Career averages of 22, 9 and 4.5, six all-star selections, 3 all-NBA team nods, (redshirt) ROY, Slam Dunk Contest Champion. Never got past the conference semis.

No international accolades.

College Player of the Year.

Since it’s a slow day, there’s only two games tonight and it appears his career is nearing the end, might as well get this out of the way now - Is Blake Griffin a HOFer?

11 seasons, Career averages of 22, 9 and 4.5, six all-star selections, 3 all-NBA team nods, (redshirt) ROY, Slam Dunk Contest Champion. Never got past the conference semis.

No international accolades.

College Player of the Year.

My initial gut reaction is no. He doesn't even pass the Mitch Richmond test at the moment. In those 11 seasons he missed a lot of games due to injury so those averages aren't necessarily leading to large totals (which I think somewhat matter). Definitely giving the nod to a guy like LMA over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom