⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
*clicks to open up Teams meeting but keeps camera off*

Manager: I'd love to see everyone's faces! We don't get to see each other like we used to!

*turns on camera*
EsHXCN2XIAEctyr

Why the thread title ain’t updated yet

Thread Title is to MLGA as Fox News Headlines are to Donald Trump. Despite being the hottest story in basketball, you know the title won't slander the Lakers. Instead it'll skip over that story completely and jump to something about Kyrie as if GSW beating LAL never happened.
1611083782749.png

I never said it did. Are we assuming it’s mental health? Or are we connecting family and personal issues to mental health?
Yea I don't like how everything gets labeled as a mental health issue. It's become a convenient excuse. Kyrie might just be immature

I never said it did. Are we assuming it’s mental health? Or are we connecting family and personal issues to mental health?

He said personal and family. In my experience personal usually indicates mental health (depression, etc). Either way, based on his reasoning here it doesn't sound like "he needs to grow up."

NBA players trying to skip the line while the minimum wage walmart cashier has to fend for themselves against hundreds of people a day

Yea I don't like how everything gets labeled as a mental health issue. It's become a convenient excuse. Kyrie might just be immature

I don’t want to disregard the mental health side. We’re all mature enough to know it’s a serious topic. Especially in athletes where everything is magnified by the media and there is no such thing as privacy. With that said, if it really is mental health related for Kyrie, I hope he uses the resources and means that he has available to him (more than most) to get right.

NBA players trying to skip the line while the minimum wage walmart cashier has to fend for themselves against hundreds of people a day

While I agree with you, our society prioritizes people, whether it be compensation, health benefits or otherwise, based on how much money they make for others. Players, coaches, staff, etc. are highly specialized employees that can't be easily replaced so society puts them at or near the front of the line. EYE am not advocating this, I'm just saying it's par for the course and should not be surprising.

As much as people joke about Kyrie, myself included, we should all cut him a bit of slack. It’s clear he dealing with an internal struggle. Kind of like Kanye. Not saying he should get a pass on everything he does, but try to have some empathy. At the end of the day he’s imperfect like all humans.

*clicks to open up Teams meeting but keeps camera off*

Manager: I'd love to see everyone's faces! We don't get to see each other like we used to!

*turns on camera*
my job does that EXACT **** every time we get a new employee. It doesn't even matter if Jimmy knows what I look like, I'm in Oklahoma he's in Montana Springs. Just know my initials and when you see them that me and I'm the Systems guy or whatever. And even worse, the women on the team never turn their cameras on for these so it looks like an incel computer nerd sausage fest #ITlife and 2 or 3 women who clearly can't be bothered with us but are only doing so minimally for the Government check. I need to see what shawties I work with look like though

I remember reading that he sunk into a deep depression after his grandfather passed, so it's probably safe to assume that he could be prone to some sort of mood disorder that could be triggered easily.

Has Harden always talked that talk on social media or is this a Williamsburg/Greenpoint thing? I keep seeing all his posts rise to the top of searches since the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom