⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does Luka have the tools to stop?

Luka isn’t a one on one defender. He is a sneaky good help defender, with deceptively quick hands. He can play the passing lanes, or sneak for a reach around steal. He can also block and alter shots from time to time. BUT I have to ask, WHY must you always counter my Giannis arguments with jabs at Luka? Two completely different situations and two completely difference skill levels and clutch abilities/genes.

There is such a gap between KD and Giannis. There is no way in hell Giannis can overcome KD, LET ALONE James Harden and his wizardry at PG.

Sneaky athletic
Blue collar worker

Nothing wrong with those things but didn’t mention them in relation to Luka. I don’t think Luka is sneaky athletic. I think it’s clear he is athletic. His handling and array of footwork, and how he maneuvers through the defense is an absolute display of superior athleticism.

Man if someone's defense is questioned, all you have to do is say they are a solid team defender to make it seem like you know what you are talking about. I have seen people use that as a rebuttal for YEARS.

Tatum has been playing like the 2nd best wing in his own team
Jaylen has been great this year. He doesn't have nearly the same primary playmaking duties as Tatum does though, so he definitely benefits from that. Gets to "play off" Tatum much more than it being the other way around.

Man if someone's defense is questioned, all you have to do is say they are a solid team defender to make it seem like you know what you are talking about. I have seen people use that as a rebuttal for YEARS.

Clearly missed my point. I was separating what should be the expectation and fair analysis of each player, based on who they are as defenders. You love to simplify and twist arguments don’t you?

Clearly missed my point. I was separating what should be the expectation and fair analysis of each player, based on who they are as defenders. You love to simplify and twist arguments don’t you?

You worried about GIannis but your man Lukas is lusting after Triple Doubles but his team is under 0.500.

Take care of home before you start throwing rocks at the 2x MVP and DPOY.

You worried about GIannis but your man Lukas is lusting after Triple Doubles but his team is under 0.500.

Take care of home before you start throwing rocks at the 2x MVP and DPOY.

The thing is, Luka hasn’t been handed multiple MVPs and a DPOY and been the favorite in the East for how many years now, and can’t get to the Finals. He didn’t even get passed the Semi’s most recently. The expectation is different at that point. Luka is only in his 3rd year, and is much more advanced offensively than Giannis. Luka is also playing in the West with less of a supporting cast than Giannis in the East.

The thing is, Luka hasn’t been handed multiple MVPs and a DPOY and been the favorite in the East for how many years now, and can’t get to the Finals. He didn’t even get passed the Semi’s most recently. The expectation is different at that point. Luka is only in his 3rd year, and is much more advanced offensively than Giannis. Luka is also playing in the West with less of a supporting cast than Giannis in the East.

Giannis doesn't matter here.

Your man is the king of pointless stats. Talk to me when that changes.

Giannis goofed committing to Milwaukee...

Gotta secure the bag, I guess... But the countdown timer on the trade demand is ticking.
Not wanting to make your team answer questions about your impending free agency > Personal/professional happiness, money, better chance of winning rings, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom