⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
$ is one thing, but how you carry yourself is the main thing. That’s not who you want as your face of a cause. He is inconsistent, and scattered.

I give you that. It’s gotta be frustrating if you’re front office and most importantly a teammate on court.

I mean, a big reason why KD came to Bklyn was because of Kyrie. Now KD likely lookin’ at him crazy.

Houston should have traded him before the season. This current Harden we are seeing was easy to forecast.

he should’ve. It’s only gonna get worst.

I would just pay him to sit home. He clearly had checked out. I don’t want him around the players that actually care.

088744E3-1F21-425E-A6AC-4CA9422D017A.png

thought this was funny. 2 guys pissed at the amount of 3s between sixers/heat last night

i enjoy seeing teams shoot 3s. Teams gotta guard the perimeter better if they dont wanna see shots fall

Simmons ceiling was his red shirt year...

Sixers going to OT agianst Miami lukewarm is nuts.
I mean that depends on what aspect of his game you are looking at. He’s never going to be a 20+ ppg scorer. If that’s all that matters then sure. I think he’s gotten better and needs to get even better with passing and ball security and his defense has gotten tremendously better.
Philly isn’t a good fit for his skillet. You have a top 5 defender, top 10 in assists and a guy that will get you 15-17 ppg. Worth a max prob not but you out him on a team built around him with a big that runs and shooters and you can do fine. Philly only kinda had that once then they blew it up after losing to the Celtics

I’ve wondered about a few things in this post....

1. I think they should add something like that in the CBA. Kind of ****ed up for these dudes to re-sign to their OG team to maximize their bag knowing damn well they’re going to force their way out in a year or two. Just request the S&T if that’s what you want.

2. What’s the protocol on suspending/deactivating players in circumstances like these?

3. How big of a stain on the organization is it if they trade him to a franchise basketball Siberia? I mean, the Clips did it with Blake and Detroit yet it didn’t seem to affect their ability to attract FAs but then again...it’s LA. I’m not sure if Houston will be able to attract top-tier FAs like that. Dwight is the only one I can think of and everyone else

For 1, I could see it ultimately impacting future negotiations with players and at the very least it’ll be brought up during the next CBA negotiations. I could see teams putting stuff in the contracts to protect them in the event future players try to pull a Harden or go MIA like Kyrie has.

For 2, I saw someone else mentioned suspend him for contract detrimental to the team. At this point the relationship is strained beyond repair, largely in part to Harden checking out and going into no dambz given mode. I’m not sure how you go about suspending him without pay for those reasons, but if that option is available you do it to set an example. Yeah the dude is set for life no matter what. But if he’s going to be a malcontent and there’s a way to suspend him without pay, it’s an option you consider.

For 3, by all accounts it seems like Houston did nothing but try to appease and accommodate Harden his entire time he was with the Rockets. So I don’t think them trading him to an undesirable destination or playing hardball with him would have any impact on them landing free agents either way. Hell I’m pretty even players know Harden is in the wrong on this one.

Simmons was ducking Beal and Levert and some dude named Gabr York was lighting him up last night. Not sure about him being a top 5 defender

Harden playing like Vince when he wanted to leave Toronto

Vince when he forced his way out in 2004 benefited from social media not being the platform that it is now in that he didn’t get the heat for it that players today would. I remember him half assing it and forcing Toronto to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
Simmons was ducking Beal and Levert and some dude named Gabr York was lighting him up last night. Not sure about him being a top 5 defender

Green was on beal for 60 of the points and thats fax.. simmons was guarding westbrick

that was on doc he said so himself for not sticking ben on him earlier

ben needs to up his voice and say who he wants to guard IMO

Green was on beal for 60 of the points and thats fax.. simmons was guarding westbrick

that was on doc he said so himself for not sticking ben on him earlier

ben needs to up his voice and say who he wants to guard IMO
ben just doing what the coach tells him to do
where did i see this before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom