⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pels have clearly committed to running the majority of the offense through BI and Zion. Don't see how adding any ball dominant guard to the mix will benefit that.

doesnt need to be ball dominant. Just needs to be able to run the offense in the half court. Maybe deliver a pocket pass here and there. Turn the corner and get guys easy looks

I never trusted him as a full-time starting PG going back to his Clippers days. He doesn’t have good playmaking instincts. Giannis covered up his weaknesses in his best seasons with the Bucks.

He was best as an energy defender, open court player coming off the bench behind CP3.
I completely agree with you. Zero playmakimg instincts whatsoever. Even BI has better court vision and that guy is prone to tunnel vision himself.

Lonzo has 2 double digit assist games this season playing next to a guy shooting 60% from the field and a 24 PPG scorer.

let’s be real
Right.

Same people in here that ***** about how much Porzingis gets paid talkin about damn near maxing Lonzo Ball for a team that's 5+ games out of the playoff picture.
Those two are not comparable
Comparable players
Ricky Rubio 17m
Eric Bledsoe 18m
Gary Harris 20 million
Goran dragic 19m
Tim hardWY 19m
Almost all those contracts suck and you want your team to do the same thing when they're 2+ years away from doing anything. And Lonzo's potentially in line to make $5-7M more annually than that based on where the market is and what he turned down betting on himself.

Couldn't be me if I'm that far away from contention.

Ainge was being stingy as hell

"The deal is a victory for Smart's camp, which turned down a similar extension offer before the start of the season, according to sources. With Smart receiving no formal offer sheets this month at the start of restricted free agency, the Celtics could have simply waited for Smart and his agent to settle for a $6.1 million qualifying offer by Oct. 1."

Should Ainge have called other GMs and told them to ante up?

Lonzo has 2 double digit assist games this season playing next to a guy shooting 60% from the field and a 24 PPG scorer.

let’s be real

Let him run the point and see what he averages just ready what Klay pops says about him . Pels main problems are defense second worst in the league . Take lonzo out the equation it don’t get better

Pels definitely thought that Bledsoe and Adams COULD provide the defense and toughness they need. Bledsoe's defense has been awful, which partly might be due to none of his teammates being good defenders so he DGAF. Adams doesn't work with Zion at all, but should be pretty easy to trade him this summer when his deal is only at $17M.

Right.

Same people in here that ***** about how much Porzingis gets paid talkin about damn near maxing Lonzo Ball for a team that's 5+ games out of the playoff picture.

Almost all those contracts suck and you want your team to do the same thing when they're 2+ years away from doing anything. And Lonzo's potentially in line to make $5-7M more annually than that based on where the market is and what he turned down betting on himself.

How does this team get better by not signing lonzo ball ? I gave you 5 players who ain’t better than ball and who ain’t showing no improvement the pels are last in defense take lonzo out what happens lol

Right.

Lonzo isn't getting anywhere close to a max of 5/163 million. It's relative to what he provides and what the market dictates. He's worth that to the Pels and apparently a helluva lot of other teams who are willing to ante up. Just cause Y'ALL don't believe in his value doesn't mean other teams don't.

doesnt need to be ball dominant. Just needs to be able to run the offense in the half court. Maybe deliver a pocket pass here and there. Turn the corner and get guys easy looks

I don't see how you would get any better results because the ball is still going to be in BI's and Zion's hands for 60% of the possessions. At least lonzo can defend and hit open looks now. I'm struggling to see any other lead guards available that are comparable shooters and defenders to Lonzo while also being a better playmaker that's not an AS caliber player.

Let him run the point and see what he averages just ready what Klay pops says about him . Pels main problems are defense second worst in the league . Take lonzo out the equation it don’t get better

position has nothing to do with playmaking ability.

I don’t care what Klay’s dad says. He be high

Lonzo isn't getting anywhere close to a max of 5/163 million. It's relative to what he provides and what the market dictates. He's worth that to the Pels and apparently a helluva lot of other teams who are willing to ante up. Just cause Y'ALL don't believe in his value doesn't mean other teams don't.
I think he's got value, but couldn't be me paying him and locking myself into $85-90m's soon to be invested in BI, Zo and Zion. That's going nowhere fast.

I'd pay him $20M's on a team closer to contending and not bat an eye at it.

I think he's got value, but couldn't be me paying him and locking myself into $85-90m's soon to be invested in BI, Zo and Zion. That's going nowhere fast.

I'd pay him $20M's on a team closer to contending and not bat an eye at it.

Main reason it's going nowhere fast is cause of the ancillary parts around those 3 than management made moves on. Better roster decisions and it could easily turn around.

I don't see how you would get any better results because the ball is still going to be in BI's and Zion's hands for 60% of the possessions. At least lonzo can defend and hit open looks now. I'm struggling to see any other lead guards available that are comparable shooters and defenders to Lonzo while also being a better playmaker that's not an AS caliber player.

It’s not about moving zo. He needs to be paired with guys that can create offense in the half court. You see why point Zion is emerging. They can bring him back for all I care. But he isn’t a primary playmaker. That’s my point.

let Kira develop and get Bledsoe out.

Pels should've went full on youth movement instead of making a move for Adams and Bledsoe. Vets only make sense if they was winning. But they're not.

Reactions: MVP
Main reason it's going nowhere fast is cause of the ancillary parts around those 3 than management made moves on. Better roster decisions and it could easily turn around.
Roster decisions get even harder when you get to the point of being damn near all-in on three guys...

Just think the timeline of him getting paid and where they need to be roster construction-wise don't mesh super well.

They need to re-tool and he's the one guy that's expendable that has any real value. IF they can find value in moving off him/not paying him, they gotta do it.

It’s not about moving zo. He needs to be paired with guys that can create offense in the half court. You see why point Zion is emerging. They can bring him back for all I care. But he isn’t a primary playmaker. That’s my point.

let Kira develop and get Bledsoe out.
Think LA would want him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom