⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s he worth in your opinion ?
I’d be comfortable paying him 15-18 per year, understanding that he may get 20. But now I’m reading that he turned down a 4/92 mill deal in hopes of getting 100Ms this summer. So yea, I just may be off. Would hate to be the team with 100Ms tied up in Lonzo though.

I’d be comfortable paying him 15-18 per year, understanding that he may get 20. But now I’m reading that he turned down a 4/92 mill deal in hopes of getting 100Ms this summer. So yea, I just may be off. Would hate to be the team with 100Ms tied up in Lonzo though.
Is he worth more than Bogdanovic got last summer?

I think that's his baseline.

is that how i come across the internet ? not sure tbh but this deff one of the threads that riles me up

in general talking philly sports gets me hype (im sure you remember the harper stuff in MLB thread) to be honest though. I'm constantly coming in here with facts when i speak on the sixers i dont ever say off the wall stuff.

Yeah you definitely seem like you get riled up when folks give you push back on Philly.

I think that might make you a target because people know they'll get a reaction.

Is he worth more than Bogdanovic got last summer?

I think that's his baseline.
I think that’s the right range when you’re a guy who can’t function as a primary playmaker/ball handler. But he turned down 4/90 already so I’m not even sure what the market is going to be for him.

Yeah he's definitely getting $20M+ from someone. 5 years younger than Bogdanovic too.
I kinda figured he'd got 4/80 or 4/85...

Didn't realize he already turned down 4/$92... But man maybe he's right given how much the FA market dried up with the unrestricted guys.

Yeah you definitely seem like you get riled up when folks give you push back on Philly.

I think that might make you a target because people know they'll get a reaction.

no doubt and looking back i am prolly making a fool of myself whether i am right or wrong and i constantly clutter this thread with my non sense that i am sure bothers a good bit of people as it shows when i mention my team

this a good group of fellas in here in which we all enjoy the good ol sport of basketball

ima take a lil break and catch yall before playoffs start up

4 /92 is a very good offer that I can understand I ain’t hear about that offer

but 15-18 is a joke he’s for sure better than many players getting around such as Rubio getting 17 Tim Hardaway jr getting 19 Dragic with 19 Bledsoew with 18 . Gary Harris getting 19 million Sure if the pels don’t want to dish out money it’s cool but the talk of pels not making the playoffs for the next couple of years ain’t gonna sit good with bi and Zion . They supposed to build a team with the young players and so far the team got worse than last year

• The team: Good to great teams that fear the Brooklyn Nets and Lakers, and want one last upgrade -- someone who will not be bought out. Two members of this group -- the Miami Heat and Milwaukee Bucks -- already made moves, with Miami acquiring Trevor Ariza and the Bucks snagging P.J. Tucker. Neither is finished working the phones. The Bucks will search out a reserve guard to soak up the D.J. Augustin void, either by trade or buyout, league sources said. Keep an eye on Austin Rivers.
  • The Heat remain active. They have kept tabs on Kyle Lowry, sources said, though it might be hard for Miami to cobble an attractive enough package given they cannot trade any first-round picks unless they lift protections on the 2023 pick they owe (who else?) the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Heat do have some interesting youngish players in Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn, KZ Okpala and Precious Achiuwa -- with both Robinson and Nunn headed into free agency this summer. (Despite his uneven Year 2, I'd be surprised if the Heat included Tyler Herro in any Lowry deal.)
  • The Kings are open to listening on everyone aside from De'Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton, but it's going to take a lot to pry away Barnes and Richaun Holmes, sources said. Both are in the meat of their primes -- Holmes is 27, Barnes 28 -- and the Kings are telling teams they don't consider themselves that far from being a real playoff team, sources said. They are not in as much of a rush as you might think to deal good, in-their-prime guys for prospects and picks.
  • The Houston Rockets and the Magic have had serious talks on a potential Gordon deal, league sources said. The precise terms under discussion are not 100 percent clear, but best I can read the tea leaves, Houston would have to send out significant draft compensation -- multiple picks -- as part of any proposed Gordon deal.
  • The Wolves have long lusted after Gordon, sources said, and they have been perhaps the most active team in the league working the phones in the past month. If you can think of a power forward between the ages of 22 and 30 who might be available or theoretically available, you can bet Minnesota has inquired about him. They are hunting win-now upgrades, but they also appear willing to trade some deeper rotation guys for future picks, sources said.
  • The Warriors are listening to lots of potential offers on Oubre, league sources said. They don't seem to feel much urgency to move Oubre, sources said. On the flip side, Golden State seems to be taking a pretty honest view of what this particular roster can do this season -- and might be willing to move Oubre for something that helps it in the future, league sources said. Oubre will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
  • Lowry's hometown Sixers have long been the most reasonable landing spot. They have all their future first-round picks, several interesting young guys -- headlined by Tyrese Maxey and Matisse Thybulle -- and enough salary ballast (centered around Danny Green) to acquire Lowry without also dealing Seth Curry. (They are over the tax.) Lowry would not cost so many picks as to put Philly in the kind of hole most rival contenders are in. They would have another bite at the "win-now" trade apple next season. They need to maximize Joel Embiid's prime, and so it would make sense for them to re-sign Lowry on a short-term deal -- provided ownership is OK with more tax bills.
  • We know the Pacers almost traded Myles Turner to the Celtics. The Pacers are always pretty good, but they can't seem to reach a higher level with the Domantas Sabonis-Turner double-center pairing. The Charlotte Hornets have strong interest in Turner, sources said, and between Miles Bridges, P.J. Washington, and their future draft assets -- plus Devonte' Graham, about to hit restricted free agency -- they have what it takes to make a real offer. They need a center badly. On the flip side, as a small-market team, they figure to be very protective of their future first-round picks.
  • I would place the odds of any Collins trade as something like 70-30 against. He's really good, and the scorching Atlanta Hawks are hell-bent on making the playoffs. They will not shoot this roster in the foot in exchange for future assets unless they hit an incredible jackpot. Otherwise, they will need real present-day talent in return -- something that isn't easy to get with Collins still on his $4.1 million rookie contract.
  • Why wouldn't the Bulls call Indiana about Turner (or Sabonis)? Billy Donovan demoted onetime center-of-the-future Wendell Carter Jr. to a reserve role, and is now starting Thaddeus Young at the 5. Young is almost 33, with a partially guaranteed deal next season. The Bulls could get a lot for him now; a first-round pick seems likely, sources said. But Chicago is signaling Young is not available right now, league sources said -- that he is too valuable to both their on-court play and their locker room.
  • Memphis has a four-game cushion for the last play-in spot in the West. Jaren Jackson Jr. still hasn't played this season. My best guess is the Grizzlies won't find anything they like enough to get too far out of their patient comfort zone. The likeliest outcome is Memphis trading Gorgui Dieng for something small, and failing that, buying him out after the deadline.
  • If the Knicks can't trade Austin Rivers, they could buy him out, sources said. Expect the Bucks to show interest in signing Rivers in that scenario to take some of D.J. Augustin's minutes. Would the Lakers have interest in Rivers as an eager scorer who could soak up some of the shot-creation load while LeBron James and Anthony Davis recover?
  • The Nets likely will investigate Spencer Dinwiddie trades right up to the deadline, sources said. The Clippers are active too.

“The Clippers are active too.”

Very informative:stoneface:

Kidding, but I really am not expecting a Clippers trade. Don’t have the assets to get anyone who might be a game changer for them without help from another team and I don’t think anyone is looking to throw them the assist.

Buy out pick-up much more likely IMO.

All of this. He could have 3x the bodies she has. Every NBA player I’ve ever met was savage on them streets.

Let them cook

Forreal man. I'm kind of over this subject.

Men are thots. Women are thots. People have sex. People get married. People get divorced.

I don't really care man :lol:

Ain’t nothing new tho, if you wife a known dummy you getting talked bout...Streets or the internet, the jokes gon fly

Don't think I would feel comfortable giving Lonzo more than four years-$70M.

Yeah, I don’t know exactly why, but I could see Lonzo being one of those “contract year all-star” type NBA players. Like a John Salmons.

Big Lonzo Thread 🅱🅱🅱

Brings a smile to my face; if Bron didn't get hurt I'd say offer them Schröder and a pick for him.

Too many pages talking bout Lonzo ball....he’s a role player, nobody discusses PJ Tucker or Pat Bev like that
Not the star that some people thought he’d be, but damn that’s a ****** group to throw him into. Might as well kick his dog and talk about his mother.

Get rid of Bledsoe, and get a shooter. Find a center that can score more than 4 points a game and give it a go. If it doesn’t work after a couple years, blow it up.

Get rid of Bledsoe, and get a shooter. Find a center that can score more than 4 points a game and give it a go. If it doesn’t work after a couple years, blow it up.

Nah bro they can’t pay lonzo they tired of throwing away money supposedly rather pay Bledsoe 20m the next two years since lonzo is worth 15m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom