⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is crazy that Lauryn dropped one solo album and went off the grid and her legacy as an all timer lives off that

disclaimer I rock with Miseducation and The Score

It is crazy that Lauryn dropped one solo album and went off the grid and her legacy as an all timer lives off that

disclaimer I rock with Miseducation and The Score
Thats a BIG part of why its revered as much as it is.

Miseducation is a good album but I always thought it was a little overrated....
I like The Score a lot more and I listen to The Carnival more

It was really good so I’m not surprised tbh. I know he had Power of the Dollar but I have always similarly maintained that if 50 were to go out like Biggie or Pac after Get Rich or Die Trying that he would go down as a Top 3 rapper of all-time.

I don't know how old you are or when you got over here...but it was a massively big deal while it was happening too :lol: :smh:
The crazy thing is... I grew up mostly in South Orange NJ, went to school with her relatives and all that. It was the biggest deal PERIOD when I was a kid. You basically weren't allowed to say anything bad about it or her....

I still don't mess with it.

The crazy thing is... I grew up mostly in South Orange NJ, went to school with her relatives and all that. It was the biggest deal PERIOD when I was a kid. You basically weren't allowed to say anything bad about it or her....

I still don't mess with it.

This actually explains a great deal:

It's NOT a rap album. That's another one of those fake qualifiers that people love to throw on it. All to give it the credit it might not deserve but I digress.

It was really good so I’m not surprised tbh. I know he had Power of the Dollar but I have always similarly maintained that if 50 were to go out like Biggie or Pac after Get Rich or Die Trying that he would go down as a Top 3 rapper of all-time.
Idk if he pulled a Lauryn he catapults some pretty already established classics by that time
patrice.png

I don’t know If this supports @antidope’s argument or not, but my wife (then fiancé) had no idea who the Fugees were and is very selective with the hip-hop she listens too, and loved Miseducation. She liked it because she liked it. Period.

That’s fair. It’s blurred genre. But antidope antidope is the biggest Drake Stan so being a stickler on genre mixing and adamant that this isn’t rap is also backwards :lol:. That’s Drake’s entire career.
Ehhh. I don't think I STAN for anybody but its the internet.

I'm not against it, but from what I remember from that album (I haven't heard it YEARS, I don't like it), she did not rap THAT much on it, and it really wasn't anything crazy bars wise.

Just one mans view though I'm glad yall like it and I will never truly be against black people getting shine and eating. Yall my guys though, and music is the one thing we won't ever see eye to eye on broadly in here.

Idk if he pulled a Lauryn he catapults some pretty already established classics by that time
patrice.png
I don’t necessarily mean just the album but 50 as an artist due to the combination of album x buzz. Only buzz I can recall near that level is Ye around the same time and Wayne a few years later.

Speaking of College Dropout ‘Ye, which ones of y’all were rocking double, maybe eem triple polos with the collars popped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom