⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Disagree here. Both are fishing for a foul and a form of legal flopping.

If player A blatant leads with his shoulder and sends the defender flying, I think that's worthy of an offensive foul. The running to a spot and then falling on your back is a cringe part of the NBA IMO.
Maybe I'm not following but you're saying drawing charges is flopping?

Maybe I'm not following but you're saying drawing charges is flopping?

Legal flopping. Like it's an accepted part of the game and I get the rule but I've never been a fan of it. But I like physicality. I'd rather that specific interaction between the offense and defense be officiated more like playground hoops.

This doesn't do it for me. Rather see a play on the ball.

giphy.gif

Steph led with an elbow and hit Dennis in the face/chin should've been a flagrant 1.

I had a problem when Kobe and Dwade started that move and now it's gone overboard all across the league. Steph jumped from behind the 3 to well in the 3 and elbowed dude. By this new standard the league has set, that's a flagrant.

No problem with what? Should've been an offensive foul. Nothing flagrant about it though. Or at least there shouldn't be. Seems like if there's any contact to the face they upgrade it. Looked incidental trying to draw it though. Dudes lean into to draw contact in literally every game.

If defenders want to run to a spot to just to flop and fall on their back to draw an offensive foul, I don't really have a problem with this.
clearly offensive and a flagrant. it's no different from players sticking their knee on your groin when they got you in the air.

Legal flopping. Like it's an accepted part of the game and I get the rule but I've never been a fan of it. But I like physicality. I'd rather that specific interaction between the offense and defense be officiated more like playground hoops.

giphy.gif
I mean its a legit defensive play although from a personal standpoint I kinda agree I always would go for swipe/tie up or let em go up if I thought I could block it. Wasn't about that sacrifice the body fake scream life lol

The impact Lamelo made on the Hornets is greater than what Hayward brought. Granted, Rozier made a huge leap too.

He's just as good as I thought he'd be, just a lot more mature. The vets and other young guards on the team are with him. Seems like a guy players want to play with. Great sign.

giphy.gif
Glad I’m not the only one that’s always kinda disliked this :lol:

so you are saying Zion is a bad acquisition over Lamelo?

I'm telling you if you make that trade the Hornets would be a worst team.

zion is already the 3rd best player at his position and is probably top 25 in the league.

25/7 on 60% shooting while playing in a phone booth. Looking real Shaq like in the paint. Free throw rate climbing.

#fatexcellence

Where the wins at though? All that talent and Pelicans are still bottom dwellers.

clearly offensive and a flagrant. it's no different from players sticking their knee on your groin when they got you in the air.

If he was consciously trying to elbow him in the face I would agree. I just don't think that was the case. He jumps in and tries draw contact all the time. Probably though Dennis would stick his hands in, make a play at the ball.

By the letter of the law and how they been calling it all soft over the past 2 years, probably flagrant yeah. If you touch a follicle on someone's head they'll review it for hostility.

The 90's>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom