⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zion is a monster but Melo, a guard that can create and dictate pace is more valuable. It shows in their team records. Nobody had the Hornets winning more games than the Pels. Melo came in and lit a fire on that team.

not discrediting Melo but the hornets were competitive bad last year. Adding Hayward has helped a lot. Again, Melo too. I’m not surprised about where they are in the standings.

The game is in good hands

Somebody is going to market this as a Bron/Steph thing, pt 2 if they continue on their trajectory. These dudes got that star potential.

I remember Bron/Melo was supposed to be the next Magic & Bird at one point :lol:. But they had some dope battles. Still one of the livest games I’ve seen.

Youth & Ability at its apex...before experience.

Never understood the anti charge sentiment. The whole point of defense is to stay in front of your man

Which is fine. I wish they'd let the defender body up the driving player instead of provide incentive for the defender to fall on his back from contact that would not be enough to put someone on their back. Let them bang the same way they let the bigs bang.

No one thought OKC and NO would have similar records halfway through.

OKC has no business winning that many games. Meanwhile NO has two all star caliber players.

I'm not saying Zion isn't going to be a perennial AS and 25 ppg scorer because he probably will. But the way Lamelo impacts the game is more significant and impactful on winning.

I didn’t think the Pels were a playoff team. I thought the hornets would be about 10th ish in the East.

we can talk about comparing the 2 teams’ records but there is only a 2 game difference.

Yeah but the Hornets have been a lot better since Melo became a starter. :lol:

One team is on the up swing being 6-4 in their last 10. The other is 3-7.

You gotta at least be surprised at the impact Melo has made this team cuz a lot of ya'll was down on him coming into the draft.

Yeah but the Hornets have been a lot better since Melo became a starter. :lol:

One team is on the up swing being 6-4 in their last 10. The other is 3-7.

You gotta at least be surprised at the impact Melo has made this team cuz a lot of ya'll was down on him coming into the draft.

hes way ahead of the curve. He’s not the turnover machine I thought he’d be. And he’s shooting better. No slander for the kid.

but I’m not surprised at either teams records right now.

Last edited:
I had 0 faith in Lamelo being efficient but other than that I wasn't too worried about his basketball ability. I just thought he'd need to work on his shot and shot selection. Oh and defense, I figured he'd get steals but wouldn't be a particularly effective on-ball defender.

Never understood the anti charge sentiment. The whole point of defense is to stay in front of your man
A lot of what drawing charges has become is just "I'm gonna do something wildly dangerous, and get rewarded for it" that is what I don't like about it personally. Same goes for that Trae Young/Chris Paul foul draw.

The fact that ESPN had the nerve to rank 20 players above him in the class of 2019 was a disgrace to the sport.

The game is in good hands

Somebody is going to market this as a Bron/Steph thing, pt 2 if they continue on their trajectory. These dudes got that star potential.

I remember Bron/Melo was supposed to be the next Magic & Bird at one point :lol:. But they had some dope battles. Still one of the livest games I’ve seen.

Youth & Ability at its apex...before experience.

One of my favorite games from both of em but especially Bron. I just remember thinking this is a real life created player after that game despite losing.

Not a fan of this in the game of basketball

thunderdoubleflop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom