⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had turned it off by this point. Challenge was unsuccessful too? :lol:

I will say, they’re much better about not calling this stuff in the playoffs, as James Harden can attest to.
I didn't watch either game was over halfway through first quarter but from what I read yes smh. Can't wait till a defender gets there moneys worth on one of these clowns since the refs think it's ok but that's likely just wishful thinking...

You guys really have no problem with this? This is funny? Entertaining?

No problem with what? Should've been an offensive foul. Nothing flagrant about it though. Or at least there shouldn't be. Seems like if there's any contact to the face they upgrade it. Looked incidental trying to draw it though. Dudes lean into to draw contact in literally every game.

If defenders want to run to a spot to just to flop and fall on their back to draw an offensive foul, I don't really have a problem with this.

The NBA definitely needs to get this stuff under control. shooters are launching themselves into defenders and getting the calls.

If a defender leaves his feet and lunges straight at you, that’s completely different

However if a defender is flat and the guy jumps sideways or into them, definitely an offensive foul

No problem with what? Should've been an offensive foul. Nothing flagrant about it though. Or at least there shouldn't be. Seems like if there's any contact to the face they upgrade it. Looked incidental trying to draw it though. Dudes lean into to draw contact in literally every game.

If defenders want to run to a spot to just to flop and fall on their back to draw an offensive foul, I don't really have a problem with this.
I'm not saying it was flagrant or anything like that although that may be debatable considering the leagues new standards but that's not what I was getting at. It wasn't an offensive foul even after review. That's a problem.
Also beating a defender to the spot and stopping and offensive players predictable momentum is not nearly the same as jumping into someone to sell contact and throw up what really isn't a legit shot attempt. Honestly when I played I hated taking charges and tried to get to line as much as possible but this is ridiculous and if u read the comments on that vid that aren't celebrating a 40 yr old man quoting some YouTube kids you'll see plenty of people feel the same.

It wasn't an offensive foul even after review. That's a problem.

Agreed.

Also beating a defender to the spot and stopping and offensive players predictable momentum is not nearly the same as jumping into someone to sell contact and throw up what really isn't a legit shot attempt.

Disagree here. Both are fishing for a foul and a form of legal flopping.

If player A blatant leads with his shoulder and sends the defender flying, I think that's worthy of an offensive foul. The running to a spot and then falling on your back is a cringe part of the NBA IMO.

Same issue with drawing the foul or nah?

He kinda explains the difference in the vid as far as going straight up and even in alot of those clips they didn't call the foul and rightfully so. Now they're calling it almost every time. Has officiating actually gotten worse or does the nba just want more points and fantasy stats for the stars?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom