⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the logo is changed, the Jordan logo is perfect. Not sure if Nike would allow is though.

Not sure how y’all don’t see the value in potential assists

I see the value in passes that set up other players for good, makeable shots. And I see the value of the potential assist stat as one point of information that can be combined with others, including the eye test, to help evaluate a player.

But like a lot of stats, in isolation without more context, I don’t think potential assists tells you that much.

I see the value in passes that set up other players for good, makeable shots. And I see the value of the potential assist stat as one point of information that can be combined with others, including the eye test, to help evaluate a player.

But like a lot of stats, in isolation without more context, I don’t think potential assists tells you that much.

For a young guy like garland, his potential assists go up playing with a rim runner like allen. That’s encouraging considering he pounds the ball. Then you factor in if okoro ever learns how to shoot and now you see what you might have in a PG.

If you replace Bron on this team with any other current superstar are they doing better with this current roster? The hyped up roster was flawed to begin with but right now...got damb.

:lol:
Good for him and his team is 2 games from being the 12 seed ,he’s not doing any better with this current Lakers roster.

You are sad man. This Warrirors team that y’all said was absolute dog ****, is 18-14 with Steph in the lineup.

Remember when the 2019 Lakers were 19-14 at Christmas some years back, with a similar roster? Something something about “4th in the west” :lol:

It’s comical how the deepest team in the league, suddenly becomes worst than the family men Warriors you were clowning when they started off 0-2.

Just give Steph some damn credit man. The response to storm2006 storm2006 question is if any other player than Bron could make something Shake with this current Lakers roster. And that answer is Steph.

I know you hate him, but it’s the damn truth man.

def was rootin for em but I knew it was a long shot. just sucks cuz this was literally his best opportunity to get in.

SN: I rock with Spida'nem heavy and the way they are playing is amazing. I knew they would beat the Lakers last night, and I'll admit I was skeptical that they would cover, but I didnt expect them to wreck them like that. They really are clicking....but with all that being said, I still dont believe they will go far in the post season and that seems to be the general consensus. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but I wouldnt bet my money on them.

Last edited:
Shooting is obviously the big difference (which is why you shouldn't really make the comp in the first place), but also shouldn't act like there aren't any similarities either. Roughly the same height/weight, transcendent passing, good rebounders, good ball handlers, not bouncy athletes. Similar statistical profiles OUTSIDE of shooting.

In months like this February, where he's shooting 48/45/79 splits while averaging 32/8/9, the comparison becomes even less farfetched.

they just don't play a like in any way tho.

Larry Bird generated offense because of his off ball movement, spot up shooting and his mid post scoring.
he wasn't a guy who monopolized the ball.

luka is a primary pick and roll ball handler. two totally different types of players.

are they both great passers? sure but they do it in totally different ways.

Devin Booker the greatest All Star replacement player of all time. :nthat:

I am rooting for him to win ASG MVP.

If you replace Bron on this team with any other current superstar are they doing better with this current roster? The hyped up roster was flawed to begin with but right now...got damb.
a team built on Lebron is deemed to fail. the only way for a team with Lebron to succeed if the team had someone to take over in crucial games. his time in Miami, it was the DWade show, his time with the Cavs, Kyrie made it happen, and recently the Lakers, it A.D. tbh, Lebron ain't Batman. he is Robin that needed a Batman.

p4tb49trpmj61.jpg

AnnualAgedFirecrest-size_restricted.gif
that ain't true. haven't you seen the MAGNUM?

a team built on Lebron is deemed to fail. the only way for a team with Lebron to succeed if the team had someone to take over in crucial games. his time in Miami, it was the DWade show, his time with the Cavs, Kyrie made it happen, and recently the Lakers, it A.D. tbh, Lebron ain't Batman. he is Robin that needed a Batman.

I've seen some terrible takes, and I've made some bad ones myself too...but this is probably the worst one Ive seen in about 5 years.

they just don't play a like in any way tho.

Larry Bird generated offense because of his off ball movement, spot up shooting and his mid post scoring.
he wasn't a guy who monopolized the ball.

luka is a primary pick and roll ball handler. two totally different types of players.

are they both great passers? sure but they do it in totally different ways.
They're both white prodigies and that's good enough for most people to say they're the same or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom