❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go on record now officially & say if Jose gets hired by United, it will be an unmitigated disaster compounded by the history of Moyes, then LvG.

Jose's last 3 tops have ended terribly with each one ending worse than the previous one.

He longed to go back to Chelsea & the fact he didn't do more proactively to squash the beef tells me he hasn't evolved but getting worse with age.

Honestly, regardless of his great resume, I don't think he should get a shot to manage another big club.

There I said it...

Looks like the Chubster is doing the right thing & not going to play in the Euros to concentrate on getting back healthy for the next campaign.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...nt-return-this-season-out-of-euro-2016-report

edit - :nerd: Alexis to Bayern? Vidal has been campaigning for his boy to come to Bayern...

Last edited:
Let's overlook all that he's accomplished before those flame outs :rolleyes

Who else would you have take over? Poch isn't happening anytime soon and all the other class managers are taken. Mou is by far the best option and I highly doubt his reign would go any worse than the last 2...seriously can't :lol:

Last edited:
Jose is a big name but not the best option.

Woody really gaffed this big time... There were some great names that would've been a better fit like Carlo or Klopp but that daft pr*ck woody just sat back & watched while other teams snapped them up.

The players are already burnt out from playing for a tyrant... It's going to get worse under Jose should he get hired. He does a phenominal job of alienating players that don't buy into his program & it's gotten worse over the years & he's very unapologetic about it, worse he's arrogant about it.

Jose's history has shown that he's unable to adapt & grow. He's stubbornly pragmatic just like LvG is.

There are a handful os Spanish coaches but not sure they would be an ideal fit. Some Dutch coaches too but not sure United would go that route just coming off LvG (de Boer, Koeman, possibly PSV's Phillip Cocu).

I'd like to see River Plate's Marcelo Gallardo get a shot at a European job but not sure about in England.

Bundesliga has been leading the way with picking unknown young coaches that are doing solid jobs like Augsburg hiring Markus Weinzierl...

There is no reason with the resources United have to just sit & pick a big name. It's comical at this point.

I feel like at this point the regulars in here could use the resources United has & find a better coach than woody can. Seriously... Woody would need help opening his lunch from Nandos...

Last edited:
Well, if Blanc really leaves PSG, he's a good option. And he has MU roots.

But, I just don't see him leaving yet.

Psk...

Okay, so... Mou alienates players, great, tough... - luckily United don't have enough good players on the team who'd have the luxury of feeling "offended" for being "alienated". The most important thing for United right now is to rebound from this rut they've been in since SAF has left, Mou can and has always made that happen, everywhere he's went.

Most importantly, who the the **** cares if Mou is the right/wrong person for the United job, he'd most likely leave within a couple years anyways. The days of 20 year managers are over, United need a spark.

Lastly, For the sake of what's right (or wrong) in thisworld, Mourinho must manage at OT next year! Pep and Mou sharing the same city, potentially going to the same restaurants, the press conferences, the egos, the bravado, this Latin rivalry igniting the streets of Manchester, all out war!

I mean this is what the EPL does best right? The narrative, the storyline, the drama (not so much the actual footy but you get the point). For the sake of everything that's high and holy, make this happen goddamnit!!!

Don't you jinx this Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi !! Don't you come in here with your long list of unknown managers from across the world and speak about the intricacies of football. This isn't about football right now, don't you ruin this!! :smh:

Last edited:
Blanc really grew tactically since first taking over PSG. He started showing some tactical nous.

But all the growth he showed as a top flight manager seemed to go out the window with the CL exit to City.

Blanc didn't have Matuidi & David Luiz so that hampered him but changing to a 3-5-2 formation & playing people out of position proved to be disastrous.

He said he went to that formation for defensive purposes but it had the opposite effect & it also provided no attacking threat.

Things got worse when Motta got injured & Blanc bizarrely gave Serge Aurier another shot after looking terrible during the first leg.

I'm interested in what Al-Khelaifi will do with Blanc.

Jose is a big name but not the best option.

Woody really gaffed this big time... There were some great names that would've been a better fit like Carlo or Klopp but that daft pr*ck woody just sat back & watched while other teams snapped them up.

The players are already burnt out from playing for a tyrant... It's going to get worse under Jose should he get hired. He does a phenominal job of alienating players that don't buy into his program & it's gotten worse over the years & he's very unapologetic about it, worse he's arrogant about it.

Jose's history has shown that he's unable to adapt & grow. He's stubbornly pragmatic just like LvG is.

There are a handful os Spanish coaches but not sure they would be an ideal fit. Some Dutch coaches too but not sure United would go that route just coming off LvG (de Boer, Koeman, possibly PSV's Phillip Cocu).

I'd like to see River Plate's Marcelo Gallardo get a shot at a European job but not sure about in England.

Bundesliga has been leading the way with picking unknown young coaches that are doing solid jobs like Augsburg hiring Markus Weinzierl...

There is no reason with the resources United have to just sit & pick a big name. It's comical at this point.

I feel like at this point the regulars in here could use the resources United has & find a better coach than woody can. Seriously... Woody would need help opening his lunch from Nandos...

Klopp was never an option, he has ALWAYS expressed his undying love for Liverpool.

Carlo I could see as a suitable fit. However, it's also known that Jose has always wanted to manage United, and that will surely have played it's party.

Picking a big name for United is EXTREMELY important, because United know they need a big name to attract players during TW's. Plenty of big name players will want to play for Jose, and that is crucial. United are not in the position to build with good players anymore, they need to attract big names which will ease shareholders fears, appease sponsors and fans etc.

Jose is a VERY logical option. Sure, he'll fissle out after three seasons, but he will have probably brought in better players than United currently have, and will probably deliver a trophy.

He just signed an extension this year no? I'd rather see him manage another squad before getting behind him at OT. Fergie probably still has a soft spot for him like Giggs :lol:,I could see it further down the line

Last edited:
Saw that De Gea, Cech, Hart and Schmeichel
are all tied for clean sheets going into the last match. Obviously if you had to put money down it'd be put it on Cech since Arsenal are playing Villa. A four way tie would be hilarious though.

My man sat out a month too :pimp:

Last edited:
If Jose gets hired, I don't think we'll even see the 3 season arc specifically because the squad is coming off playing for LvG... They're already brow beaten to death. Not sure if they can take more.

I'd like to see Koeman get a shot with United. I think he's done very well while at Southampton. He kept the team competitive during his first year despite selling off all the team's prized assets & I like how he righted the ship this campaign after a bad start.

I look back in March when Southampton was down 2 to Liverpool & ended up winning the game from a late goal by Sadio Mane as an example. He's also done a solid job mixing in young & new players too.

If pressed to name someone lesser known? How about Fiorentina's Vincenzo Montella? He's done a phenomenal job with the Italian club.

aside from all the mourinho and united talk here's a couple pieces of news:

-it was announced this morning welbeck is out 9 months after knee surgery. I'm assuming it was ACL?
-Chelsea have decided to end their adidas deal after next season. Nike coming in to swoop perhaps? :nerd:

I'm good on Koeman or any other Dutch manager for the next little while...:lol: :smh:. I feel like he'd be a nice fit for Arsenal after Wenger though.

View media item 2027539
:pimp:

Poor Welbz can't catch a break :\ :smh:

This is what Adidas said apparently

@SkyKaveh:
Adidas say Chelsea deal not ending because of poor #CFC form, but because they want to sponsor fewer clubs (Man United, Real Madrid, Bayern)

Last edited:
This is what Adidas said apparently

@SkyKaveh:
Adidas say Chelsea deal not ending because of poor #CFC form, but because they want to sponsor fewer clubs (Man United, Real Madrid, Bayern)

Damn. They basically said Chelsea ain't in the same league as those clubs

I bet if Nike ended their run with Barca, they'd be more than willing to take on an extra club

Damn. They basically said Chelsea ain't in the same league as those clubs

I bet if Nike ended their run with Barca, they'd be more than willing to take on an extra club
Nike has room for them, they got Barca, Atlético, Man City, PSG, Inter and I think now as Wolfsburg as their biggest clubs.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Puma or UA try to get Chelsea.

If Chelsea sign with Puma or NB ill be pretty upset, please sign with Nike or Umbro

UA would be dope too

Last edited:
Locally here in Bmore, I heard UA was trying to line up a big club in England. I know they will lose Spurs to Nike but gained Southampton. I wonder if Kevin Plank lined up Chelsea?

Would be a great move for UA.

Weird though, I really identified Chelsea & Adidas...

River has had a terrible 2016 so far, not sure anyone would take a chance on him right now.

I wouldn't blame River Plate's current circumstances to solely to Gallardo though.

Last edited:
Would like to see chelsea in UA. Being from B-more as well i root for UA to do well. Kinda half why i hope Memphis turns it around he is basically the face of their football boots the way steph curry is for their basketball shoes.

I would like Gotze to just go to a team where he can play more regularly. I like his game.

I am not an arsenal fan but man i feel for Welbeck. One knee now the other :smh: keep your head up fresh price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom