❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mean.gif

@MUnitedHome
West Ham fans smashing the Manchester United team bus to pieces outside Upton Park. #MUFC

thats alot of money.. would rather put that towards Griezmann :smokin

The money or whatever isn't even the issue right now.

The issue is LvG for some reason still has the power to make decisions and for some strange reason it looks like he's going to manage United again next year. That's what's confusing.

Germany had an excellent run in the WC, but based solely on what I've seen from the both of them over the years, they are terrible defenders who find good form for stretches at a time.

Boateng is a brash defender who often resorts to clumsy ill advised challenges that lead to fouls. He gets exposed in the Champions League with his inability to defend (especially in the last 2 years).

Edit - Boateng does what defenders should not do & gets caught poking at the ball too much & offiensive players dribble right around him all the time. He's been lucky to have the likes of Lahm & Alaba cover him from behind club wise.

Hummels often does terrible job of reading games & is often caught waaay out of position exactly like pique. Their games are so similar.

Speaking of CBs, Stones at Everton is another one that's hailed as a great but he's been absolute trash. Nevermind the bad form of Everton but Stone's individual play has been horrible. Just like Hummels & pique, Stones reads the game terribly & iss often caught ball watching & out of position.

These guys are the new breed of defenders that are always hailed for their ability to build from the back-get forward but are very subpar as actual defenders.

Edit - But getting back to Woody... :rofl: @ the thought of keepig LvG one more year & telling Jose to wait (if the rumors are true)... United fans should literally storm United's offices & physically yank Woody out by that Red Devils tie & throw him into River Irwell...
I agree with everything said. The world let Stones know he is good and he started looking really subpar. Hummels is questionable at time and Boateng does some silly ****. I still think he is class though.

Atlético ain't selling Greizmann
Not sure why they think players want to leave success to run into that Dumpster fire.

Last edited:
Germany had an excellent run in the WC, but based solely on what I've seen from the both of them over the years, they are terrible defenders who find good form for stretches at a time.

Boateng is a brash defender who often resorts to clumsy ill advised challenges that lead to fouls. He gets exposed in the Champions League with his inability to defend (especially in the last 2 years).

Edit - Boateng does what defenders should not do & gets caught poking at the ball too much & offiensive players dribble right around him all the time. He's been lucky to have the likes of Lahm & Alaba cover him from behind club wise.

Hummels often does terrible job of reading games & is often caught waaay out of position exactly like pique. Their games are so similar.

Speaking of CBs, Stones at Everton is another one that's hailed as a great but he's been absolute trash. Nevermind the bad form of Everton but Stone's individual play has been horrible. Just like Hummels & pique, Stones reads the game terribly & iss often caught ball watching & out of position.

These guys are the new breed of defenders that are always hailed for their ability to build from the back-get forward but are very subpar as actual defenders.

Edit - But getting back to Woody...
roll.gif
@ the thought of keepig LvG one more year & telling Jose to wait (if the rumors are true)... United fans should literally storm United's offices & physically yank Woody out by that Red Devils tie & throw him into River Irwell...
I agree with everything you said.  A lot of Germany's success has come from the strong play of their midfield.  I am a firm believer that the battle is usually won and lost in midfield and Germany & Spain are an excellent example of that.  Spain had one of the best midfields before Germany's recent triumph.  Hummels is good at bringing the ball up but his defence is suspect.  We need Woody out.  I think all United supporters were spoiled by David Gill.

I'm still :lol: at Boating and Hummels being "terrible" defenders. Come on man.

Boateng consistently been top 5 in the world at the position for years now. Most others on that list except him and Cheillini get shuffled around every couple years.

Last edited:
So who are the best defenders in the world?

At the CB position primarily taking into account peak form over the last few 2-3 seasons, Godin, Boateng, Thiago Silva, Ramos, Cheillini, Kompany and Varrane set the standard for me.

All world class in the strictest sense of the word.

Last edited:
As someone who watches Varane every week when he plays, you can see the potential, his recovery speed is amazing, he's strong, has great size, but there's a lot of technical & mental mistakes. When/if he puts its all together he should be world class.

Godin & Gimenez is the best duo going by far.

Last edited:
As someone who watches Varane every week when he plays, you can see the potential, his recovery speed is amazing, he's strong, has great size, but there's a lot of technical & mental mistakes. When/if he puts its all together he should be world class.

Co-sign on Varane, he's definitely bubbling right now, will be CLASS once everything clicks.

Yea I feel you. Maybe it's a stretch at this point. But after seeing him in person twice in a short span, I can't say I've ever seen a CB in possession of as many tools. The potential is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom