❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically speaking, United shouldn't allow shaw to play in the euros & Hodgson shouldn't even consider him coming off such a catastrophic injury (if he cared about Shaw). End of story. There is no way I'd risk his club career & he's young enough to appear for the 3 Lions again once he's proven he's come back from injury.

Look at the track record the 3 Lions have had dealing with players coming off of injury in recent years. If I were woody I'd tell roy to pound sand & look elsewhere.

Rose should be the starting left back end of story for the 3 Lions. It shouldn't really be a debate when you consider the injury & the resumes.

I don't think Shaw will ever be the same to be honest. My gut tells me from this point on he will be prone to severe injuries from here on out. I hope I'm wrong though but my gut has served me well in this thread.

Last edited:
I think Aubameyang could play in any league & do well but not Mkhitaryan... Don't think he will do well if he leaves Germany. He's great in small games but ghost in big ones.

Wow Bayern scooped up Sanches from right under our noses...:x  

*They confirmed his and Hummels' signing :smh:

1) I'm glad Sanches is now out of Benfica, now I can root for the dude... :smokin

2) This is a shocker, I can't remember the last time a Portuguese player went to Bayern, usually we tend to go to the EPL and avoid Germany.

3) The chances of United sacking LvG and hiring Mourinho, have DECREASED immensely. Sanches was a Jorge Mendes player, he could have easily held out for United first if Mourinho was actually going there.

4) Bayern just don't give a **** :lol:

5) Oh, And Woodward is a genius. Give this man a statue.

Last edited:
The combo of Boateng & Hummels will make for lots of lulz...
we forgetting these two won a world cup together? they seem to have a good understanding and fill in the gaps in each other's games. Wonder who is the odd man out at bayern.. someone should take javi Martinez and play him in his natural position

The combo of Boateng & Hummels will make for lots of lulz...
we forgetting these two won a world cup together? they seem to have a good understanding and fill in the gaps in each other's games. Wonder who is the odd man out at bayern.. someone should take javi Martinez and play him in his natural position

Germany had an excellent run in the WC, but based solely on what I've seen from the both of them over the years, they are terrible defenders who find good form for stretches at a time.

Boateng is a brash defender who often resorts to clumsy ill advised challenges that lead to fouls. He gets exposed in the Champions League with his inability to defend (especially in the last 2 years).

Edit - Boateng does what defenders should not do & gets caught poking at the ball too much & offiensive players dribble right around him all the time. He's been lucky to have the likes of Lahm & Alaba cover him from behind club wise.

Hummels often does terrible job of reading games & is often caught waaay out of position exactly like pique. Their games are so similar.

Speaking of CBs, Stones at Everton is another one that's hailed as a great but he's been absolute trash. Nevermind the bad form of Everton but Stone's individual play has been horrible. Just like Hummels & pique, Stones reads the game terribly & iss often caught ball watching & out of position.

These guys are the new breed of defenders that are always hailed for their ability to build from the back-get forward but are very subpar as actual defenders.

Edit - But getting back to Woody... :rofl: @ the thought of keepig LvG one more year & telling Jose to wait (if the rumors are true)... United fans should literally storm United's offices & physically yank Woody out by that Red Devils tie & throw him into River Irwell...

Last edited:
Boateng is top 3 CB in the world.. come at me bro... I couldn't disagree with you more about him being brash/physical .. his reading of the game is actually really good. I think the fact he hasnt had a consistent partner hasn't helped him.

^ Beans, you're my man 100 grand but you can have that mirage buddy...

I've seen many of Milan games & Bayern games over the years & nothing that Boateng has done has been consistent. He has runs of good form but overall he's been inconsistent at best.

Have you watched how horribly his play in the CL has been the last 2 years? He's a big reason why defensively Bayern hasn't performed well in the CL especially on the road.

Last edited:

Probably Benatia and Badstuber (because unfortunately he will end up getting injured again :\.) Hopefully Javi stays and goes back to his normal position, I think that was all Pep's doing, he obviously is not a defender. I don't care to see Lahm in the midfield again either.

Really random but when debating with Beans... I always feel like Raul Julia (RIP man, RIP...) trying to reason with Mel Gibson in Tequila Sunrise...

Always feel bad about debating with Beans...

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with anything anybody is saying right now, but which CB's are actually good or world class then? I feel like every time one is mentioned he's trash, or an oompa loompa or inconsistent. I think CB is probably one of the hardest positions to play, it's very mistake prone and one slip up has you looking washed haha. Just want to hear some opinions on who some believe is their ideal CB...

Not disagreeing with anything anybody is saying right now, but which CB's are actually good or world class then? I feel like every time one is mentioned he's trash, or an oompa loompa or inconsistent. I think CB is probably one of the hardest positions to play, it's very mistake prone and one slip up has you looking washed haha. Just want to hear some opinions on who some believe is their ideal CB...

everybody's trash man. no CBs are world class. obviously unless you can keep a clean sheet every single match you're not a good CB :lol:

Really random but when debating with Beans... I always feel like Raul Julia (RIP man, RIP...) trying to reason with Mel Gibson in Tequila Sunrise...

Always feel bad about debating with Beans...
there's a few of you in here I actually care to hear your opinion, even when it doesn't coincide with my own.

^ Beans, you're my man 100 grand but you can have that mirage buddy...

I've seen many of Milan games & Bayern games over the years & nothing that Boateng has done has been consistent. He has runs of good form but overall he's been inconsistent at best.

Have you watched how horribly his play in the CL has been the last 2 years? He's a big reason why defensively Bayern hasn't performed well in the CL especially on the road.
you dont think being partnered with javi, benatia, badstuber, and occasionally alaba hasn't effected him?

^ Boateng pokes at the ball too much for me... I laugh every time he does that because the dribbler is ghost the second that happens... I actually point it out to my son every time we watch a Bayern or Germany game when he's playing to point out what not to do when defending. He then has to resort to a brash physical challenge from behind. It's comically reliable. My son chuckles & says why does he do that every time?!?!?!

It's actually because of him specifically that my son works on his positioning more & works on keeping the offensive player in front of him instead of poking his leg out. so for that I do gotta thank Boateng...

Last edited:
WTF 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom