⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

@HNL HI and @R9theGOAT in the cut........(@osh kosh bosh too :lol:)

1580784259803.gif

Says more about United and Ole than Rom.

I mean, before selling Rom, Ole played Rashford as #9 and Rom on the wing. Then sold Rom and now saying that he needs a "striker that will break his nose to score a goal".

So you sell the very type of player that you're now saying you want?

This is Manchester United........

Messi has been playing injured, a thigh injury and hasn't been sitting due to depleted offensive players. I say f it, Griezman needs to earn his damn pay and troubling transfer saga that ruined the clubs business relationship against the common enemy. If Griezman can't do it, he doesn't belong at Barca. Also, play Fati more, the boy will win us games on his own too. Can't have Messi out here playing though injuries.

Hazard will finally be available to play on Thursday, once he gets 90 minute match fit we should have player who has fresh legs for the rest season. We need his creativity if we're going to do anything significant this season.

Man Utd's striker situation reeks of poor planning and a lack of foresight. Ole knew full well that he didn't want to keep Lukaku or Sanchez for the season but didn't bring in replacements citing a lack of quality buys for the long term right.... get the team relegated first shall we.

Hoping to rely on Rashford, Martial and a raw Greenwood for the season is so naive and he says Martial is playing tired no **** sherlock and bringing in Ighalo on loan reeks of desperation.

The only reason fans are not calling for his head and on a witch hunt is because he's a sentimental favourite, he really is on borrowed time you can only use the same old reason of oh we need time to rebuild for only so long.

This is coming from a Utd fan who was fan of his during his playing days. :sick:

The same thing just happened to Barca, Dembele is done for the season. I guess they can move one of the midfielders into a forward spot if they have to rotate.

2020 has been all trash so far

Fati is going to prosper massively though. 17 years old and already and out and out starter for Barca. Crazy

Screenshot_20200204-223553_Bleacher Report.jpg

I have been saying this ever since Pep came to City. He hasn't had consecutive matches where he had the same starting XI all season.

I remember I was extremely frustrated 2 years ago when he started Laporte as a LB and KDB as a RW and had Sterling benched because he wasn't fit in the 1st leg of UCL against Liverpool. It choked the team to play on the right and caused us not to get out of our half insinuating the Liverpool press that led up to the 3 goals in the 1st half.

It's not all Peps fault because I believe half of it is due to injuries. I mean he can only start who he has fit but we also didn't buy players in key areas so he doesnt have to shuffle players out of position. I think if he cools down on tinkering with the lineups and tactics we would be more stable. It's crazy how a 2 injuries in Sane, Laporte and Mendy's fall from grace has affected our team, not to mention Kompany as the glue to the defense

Screenshot_20200204-223553_Bleacher Report.jpg

I have been saying this ever since Pep came to City. He hasn't had consecutive matches where he had the same starting XI all season.

I remember I was extremely frustrated 2 years ago when he started Laporte as a LB and KDB as a RW and had Sterling benched because he wasn't fit in the 1st leg of UCL against Liverpool. It choked the team to play on the right and caused us not to get out of our half insinuating the Liverpool press that led up to the 3 goals in the 1st half.

It's not all Peps fault because I believe half of it is due to injuries. I mean he can only start who he has fit but we also didn't buy players in key areas so he doesnt have to shuffle players out of position. I think if he cools down on tinkering with the lineups and tactics we would be more stable. It's crazy how a 2 injuries in Sane, Laporte and Mendy's fall from grace has affected our team, not to mention Kompany as the glue to the defense

i think that headline makes it sound worse than it is. It wasn’t man city like the board or anything it was a dialouge he had with the players about tactics which is fine. And I think you’re forgetting some things because we for sure have had consecutive matches with the same starting 11 over the last few season and the rotation we did do hasn’t cost us in anyway considering what we achieved. We did Laporte at LB because Mendy was injured and many fans at the time he felt we needed to be more defensive going to Liverpool so he did that playing a extra CB and extra midfielder and now he’s still wrong? He did what we wanted and that was to be more conservative away at anfield which many said is what he should do in away champions league matches instead of what he usually does. We can’t have it both ways.

I honestly haven't been too frustrated really with City this year (was bitter about the Palace draw, Man U loss, Spurs loss). I really think this season is all about Liverpool. The run they are on is utterly insane.

But to your point I think injuries are the biggest issue with City and coupled with that is the lack of depth especially in defense (Fernandinho obviously isn't a CB, Laporte and Stones both constantly hurt, Mendy hurt and playing poorly, Zinchenko hurt, Otamendi is garbage). I lean more toward Pep just playing who is available and tinkering with tactics to try to get the best out of the players

So lame the game can't be streamed. Only audio.

Edit: nvm, found it.

Last edited:
Says more about United and Ole than Rom.

I mean, before selling Rom, Ole played Rashford as #9 and Rom on the wing. Then sold Rom and now saying that he needs a "striker that will break his nose to score a goal".

So you sell the very type of player that you're now saying you want?

This is Manchester United........

Valid points and I agree wholeheartedly....

HOWEVER....

Let’s say Lukaku stayed at United, Ole would have ruined him somehow. That guy is clueless bro.

That’s the other sad thing at United, all these star players come in and they get worse. I’ve never seen such a thing.

God I hope it doesn’t happen to Bruno :smh:

Valid points and I agree wholeheartedly....

HOWEVER....

Let’s say Lukaku stayed at United, Ole would have ruined him somehow. That guy is clueless bro.

That’s the other sad thing at United, all these star players come in and they get worse. I’ve never seen such a thing.

God I hope it doesn’t happen to Bruno :smh:

Yea I completely agree with you. I think we're saying the same thing. LOL

Messi and Abidal got beef??

What Abidal said had been reported for months before the count got sacked though so not sure they'd call him out on those comments...:nerd:

This Rom discussion is getting tiring too tbh :lol:, it wasn't working out even before Ole got there. He had 6 goals as the unquestioned starter during Mou's last 20+ matches and he himself has said recently that he made up his mind to move on midway through Mou's last season so I don't get why Ole's catching heat for selling him and getting a decent fee...

The club should catch heat for not replacing him or even trying to until just this last window but that's been the case for years now. Still haven't replaced CR7 :smh:

I've got plenty of criticism when it comes to Ole's management but the way he handled Rom isn't one of them given how things unfolded and given Roms own words

Last edited:
Feel like Messi is trying to muscle leverage in contract talks :lol:

But if not dude took it pretty far. It’s fairly customary in the world of sports to not call out individuals in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom