⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Argentina, yes. At the club level though, the numbers speak for themselves, he's no fraud.

Anywho, it's just my opinion. Did not expect many to agree with me.
Agreed, for all the criticism he gets he puts in the numbers for his club. Still has those issues in finals and other big moments but can't argue against his general output.

Your bantz is trash and needs work. You're reaching high as possible to be funny/insulting but it's not working for you. You're enamored with Liverpool. Constantly grinding on our belts. We are two points behind you with plenty of games left to play and you're in here beating your chest about being in second. Y'all laugh at the Arsenal man's about settling for 4th yet you're in here dancing about being in second despite splashing all that cash on players and only being two points ahead of us. Y'all trash. Your argument is dead.
Here we go again.. first off I only addressed your club because you once again had a dig at United. I’m not beating my chest about 2nd nice try.. I’m pointing out we are ahead of you. You and trey love trying to side step an argument.. all that cash and still ahead of you

Today's the day...

IMG_20180214_081411.jpg

Can't wait,hate that I'll prob be missing the 1st half though :smh:
Wow this poster is wavy.

Paris v Madrid
Paris v City
Paris v Barca

Those are becoming my favorite CL matchups

Here we go again.. first off I only addressed your club because you once again had a dig at United. I’m not beating my chest about 2nd nice try.. I’m pointing out we are ahead of you. You and trey love trying to side step an argument.. all that cash and still ahead of you

Say what you want, you still play like trash though. Enjoy the "we're still ahead" banter while you can. What will you do when Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs all jump you?

Either Emery is gonna look like a genius at the end of the day or dude is gonna be in the hottest seat he's been in while in Paris :lol:

Either Emery is gonna look like a genius at the end of the day or dude is gonna be in the hot seat :lol:

Strategy seems to be to sit back and embrace the counter against RM's susceptible defense. Maybe make attacking subs later in the match. Could work well, when Madrid struggle to score early it seems to set the tone for the rest of the match.

I did the Jack Nicholson gif when I saw this though. Need Kroos and Modric to come through. I'd also love to see Isco make a fool of Verratti again.

Strategy seems to be to sit back and embrace the counter against RM's susceptible defense. Maybe make attacking subs later in the match. Could work well, when Madrid struggle to score early it seems to set the tone for the rest of the match.

I did the Jack Nicholson gif when I saw this though. Need Kroos and Modric to come through.
yall just need to let nacho and marcelo sit in on the flanks instead of sending them forward
no need to go full attack with both flanks...you might end up chasing the tie early

yalls front 3, modric, and kroos should be enough to create chances
especially PSG's defense is nothing spectacular

for those of you who said earlier that kane and eriksen are head and shoulders above spurs clearly haven't watched the team play too much. Son has been lightning in a bottle whenever he comes on scoring important goals when needed. Alli is arguably the best young midfielder in Europe and still only 21. Alderweireld is walking into any center defense in the world. Vertonghen is as solid as can be in the back and has been for years. Wanyama and dier are rocks in front of them. their entire team does their job and they do it very, very, well.

if your argument is they only play well under poch, you may have an argument. spurs have sold plenty of players who played well under him and didn't do so hot at other clubs but to say that the team consists of eriksen and kane is just laughable.

this match is gonna be so lit!!

goosebumps
Son has been lightning in a bottle whenever he comes on scoring important goals when needed. Alli is arguably the best young midfielder in Europe and still only 21. Alderweireld is walking into any center defense in the world. Vertonghen is as solid as can be in the back and has been for years. Wanyama and dier are rocks in front of them. their entire team does their job and they do it very, very, well.

you are just wrong and overrating everyone on this team

flyeed flyeed is Ronaldo ineffective as a Striker?

I think cats who follow the Portugal NT would tell you that he was never the answer to their struggles with a #9. Haven't really seen him play solo up front for RM. He's a god at striker in FIFA :lol: you'd think his skill set and positioning would give him the tools to be great in the middle, but I've never seen it (aside from being paired with Benz up front in the 4-4-2 last season, he didn't really play as a true 9 though.)

I wish he were elite as a #9. It would make struggling/potentially washed Benz expendable, and we wouldn't have to go into the summer's window desperate for a world class striker, with the low amount of them available making it a seller's market.

for those of you who said earlier that kane and eriksen are head and shoulders above spurs clearly haven't watched the team play too much. Son has been lightning in a bottle whenever he comes on scoring important goals when needed. Alli is arguably the best young midfielder in Europe and still only 21. Alderweireld is walking into any center defense in the world. Vertonghen is as solid as can be in the back and has been for years. Wanyama and dier are rocks in front of them. their entire team does their job and they do it very, very, well.

if your argument is they only play well under poch, you may have an argument. spurs have sold plenty of players who played well under him and didn't do so hot at other clubs but to say that the team consists of eriksen and kane is just laughable.
You're massively overrating our squad. The team is certainly more than Kane and Eriksen but definitely not to the extent you're describing :lol:

I like Tottenham’s squad but Dele has been a let down this year, Dier has left some to be desired and Wanyama isn’t special by any means. I’m a huge admirer of Kane and had said last summer when Utd was looking for a striker, I would’ve thrown 150M at Kane which now would be a bargain lol. Eriksen has been amazing this year. As others have mentioned, Dembele has been fantastic and a bit of a surprise honestly. Son continues to put the ball in the net at a high rate. And the CBs have been the best duo in the Prem for the past few years imo. There are some really, really good pieces on Spurs, but I would say Kane and Eriksen are really the only world class players (I’d throw Alderweireld in there too acually).

for those of you who said earlier that kane and eriksen are head and shoulders above spurs clearly haven't watched the team play too much... Alderweireld is walking into any center defense in the world.

While I hear some of your points, Alderweireld was recently rumored to be deemed surplus as Poch seemingly is enhancing his trust and reliance on Dav Sanchez.

Overall, Kane is Tottenham's best player while Eriksen provides the most lethal attacking creativity. The player that often gets overlooked is Mousa Dembele. What he's accomplished in Spurs' recent stretch is phenomenal.

I'm surprised our thread hasn't discussed more about Poch's decision to start Lamela in place of Son. If the justification was Serie A experience with Roma on the Turin ground, I don't buy that as legitimate reasoning. Perhaps it's not being highlighted more because of Tottenham's ultimately positive result and coming away with two crucial away goals.

Lamela didn't offer much for me in yesterday's match. The hip injury has badly hampered his career and I wonder if we'll ever see the player who flourished for Roma in 2012-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom