⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Real throw a bag at Mbappe before Kane.
Excited for the game today. The only think i can say with some certainty is there will be goals...otherwise i have no clue what happens. What RM team show up...what PSG team show up...

Today's the day...

IMG_20180214_081411.jpg

Can't wait,hate that I'll prob be missing the 1st half though :smh:
I would buy this t shirt

Spending 600 mill let alone 300 on Kane isn't smart nor is it happening with all the FFP stuff that it comes with :lol:

Last edited:
I think Real throw a bag at Mbappe before Kane.
Excited for the game today. The only think i can say with some certainty is there will be goals...otherwise i have no clue what happens. What RM team show up...what PSG team show up...

Boscher is a French footy journalist that has been following Mbappe's career for a long time... He apparently never had any intentions of leaving France until he lifts a CL title in France.

Says Boscher: "He went to Real Madrid for a birthday treat. It was like a present, a little holiday. They saw it as a chance to meet Cristiano Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane, get some signed shirts and pictures with them. They were never joining them."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758066-why-young-kylian-mbappe-spurned-chelsea-and-real-madrid

think people really underestimate how quick defenders need to be, gcahill and jterry showed for years great positional awareness and defensive discipline but their lack of mobility and speed causes the whole chelsea team to play low defensive block rather than a high one.

No matter how good a defender is, as they get older and their speed goes, think they become huge liabilities. Seeing christensen's speed at chelsea and how important he has become to the defence in such a short amount of time has convinced me to prefer speed to defensive experience

Juve let me down, if Pool let me down today I’m done with this thread until further notice.

:smh:

Looking back, Real Madrid made a mistake in choosing Benz over Higuain. Say what you want, but Higuain is a goal scoring machine at the club level. He and CR7 also had great chemistry when they were together.

I think if RM was willing to pay his wages, things would be much different.

Yea not sure where that other nonsense is coming from :lol:

The RM deal was basically done and then PSG offered an amount of money that RM could afford, but would have led to a relatively unproven teenager making more than the likes of Kroos, Ramos, and Modric. Something that would have caused tension until the veteran players got raises. RM believes in having a hierarchy when it comes to salary. Although who knows maybe the market eventually dictates otherwise, but for now that's how things are. I'm pretty certain if RM matched his PSG salary and offer of a guaranteed spot in the XI, he'd be wearing white tonight. But to say he had no intention of playing for RM ever, when all reports indicated they had very advanced negotiations, is pretty wild. It does make for a cute narrative though that he's not leaving until he brings a title to ____. We hear that in sports all the time, and players still leave.

Looking back, Real Madrid made a mistake in choosing Benz over Higuain. Say what you want, but Higuain is a goal scoring machine at the club level. He and CR7 also had great chemistry when they were together.
nah you are tripping
benz was a big part of all those champions league wins

higuain is a fraud
benz is just washed now

nah you are tripping
benz was a big part of all those champions league wins

higuain is a fraud
benz is just washed now

I'm not a fan of Benz, but you can't really argue with 3 out of 4 CLs. He started in each too. And CR7 loves playing alongside him.

I would have picked Benz back then too if given the choice.

But don’t get me wrong Pipita showed out at Napoli. Had Benz left instead we would see the scripts flipped for both players.

I remember reading about the Lewa rumors but I don't see Bayern letting him and I feel like he doesn't want to leave Germany either, but who knows. Werner ends up at Bayern of course but I don't see him being the main man there yet. Idk if he is ready for that big move yet. He might be. The expectations will surely be different.

Word, Kane is an amazing player, Levy would def make sure he gets those bags of cash for him. Kane to Madrid doesn't seem like a sexy signing to me, word to Robbie Earle. I think it's time for Benz to move on, a change might help his goal out put.

Lewa actually seems to care a lot about raising his profile. His wife is on record saying they dream about one day having him play in LA to build "our brand" together. That same reason could lead them to want a move to Madrid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom