⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DU0NigDWkAAJJir.jpg

Ya'll fr don't have to worry about us signing Mahrez. Like @heggsy said they not selling for nothing not close to a 100 and have already put that sentiment out in the media. City will eventually back out the same way they backed out the Sanchez deall.

He had to spend one of the reasons he was brought in was to revamp our aging squad and he has done a great job with that. I know some people point to our academy but im of the belief people have been making to much of our academy other City fans included we dont deserve to say we have a world class academy yet, the facilities are nice and the training the kids get is very good but that doesnt mean the quality is automatically there. There are a few we have high hopes for but clubs that expect's to be winning leagues and cups everyone season that doesn't leave much room or time to develop young academy talent unfortunately.
I would argue that he had to replace the FB's and maybe the GK. He could have worked with everything else. Also clubs like Barca and United have mad their history on developing talent while winning leagues/trophies. Do they both spend big on players, yes, but I think you need to find a balance between the two, especially when you have an academy full of talent.

good for pep though.. both Barca and Bayern work with a board, which I'm sure hampered his ability to bring in "his" type players.. citeh gave my man the black card and he's taking advantage. If he fails to win the UCL, no way he's the goat

:rofl: @ Giroud having to come on the eve of a transfer to try to salvage a point late against the worst team in the league

Robbie will be pleased by the pleasant spike in views after coming back from his lavish vacation in Naw'lins

I would argue that he had to replace the FB's and maybe the GK. He could have worked with everything else. Also clubs like Barca and United have mad their history on developing talent while winning leagues/trophies. Do they both spend big on players, yes, but I think you need to find a balance between the two, especially when you have an academy full of talent.

good for pep though.. both Barca and Bayern work with a board, which I'm sure hampered his ability to bring in "his" type players.. citeh gave my man the black card and he's taking advantage. If he fails to win the UCL, no way he's the goat

The old guards time was pretty much up. Aguero, Silva and Fernandinho still had something to give but Yaya and Kompany while still with the squad and the others who are now gone don't/didn't have anything to give anymore to reach those heights again but will always be proud of what they did accomplish. Im glad we've built a new young core now to smoothy transition from the old guard instead of waiting till it's too late for a smooth transition. KDB Sterling where already there young guys to build around for the future and Pep brought in Sane, Mendy, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo, Jesus, Gundogan and Ederson all under 27 thats a great core of players he brought in that will be at the club for the next 6 or 7 years. Great squad building with a longterm plan in mind. Would I have loved more youth from the academy sure who doesn't but if the quality isn't there which again I think people including City fans and our own club overrates (only two guys in Diaz and Foden I see making it to the first team over the next 4 years) you gotta buy and im just glad we've bought well and with a clear plan in mind.

And I don't think we win the Champions League this year the new core is still too young but give it a couple years and I think we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom