⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o6gec8pL0R1qbiykfo2_400.gif

if giroud starts for france this summer...

rip france
190a44457fc0e2c271d85d69e6ebbc61.png

He also scored the same amount of goals (4) as Griezmann so far for the upcoming World Cup.
With all the improvements and new talents to France's squad I don't think he should start in the more important matches but he should absolutely be on the bench at minimum.
Giroud for France is very different from his performance at Arsenal.

Last edited:
That's a terrible comparison bcs Ronaldo has been very meh for Portugal as of late dating back the Euros... Payet. :rofl:

Keep in mind Les Bleus also plays terribly... The team has no cohesion on the pitch & relies largely on individual performances despite the wealth of talent on the team.

That's a terrible comparison bcs Ronaldo has been very meh for Portugal as of late dating back the Euros... Payet. :rofl:

Keep in mind Les Bleus also plays terribly... The team has no cohesion on the pitch & relies largely on individual performances despite the wealth of talent on the team.
Well Payet is only in there due to his freekick goals.
Wasn't really comparing him to Ronaldo specifically, just showing he can produce the numbers for France despite virtually everyone with similar numbers performing far better for their respective clubs, as well as just being way better players in general. The French are kind of stuck in the same boat as us in a way so I will be supporting my neighbors after Belgium goes out. Both our national teams are filled with immense talent, France more so than us obviously, but they don't perform anywhere near as well as they should when they're all on the same pitch together. We should be WC contenders, instead we're just kind of average with about 0% chance of even making it to the final, let alone win it.
France is significantly more successful than us in that regard but they also perform way below their talents. I'd be disappointed with anything less than making it to the final if I were French.

If it
Well Payet is only in there due to his freekick goals.
Wasn't really comparing him to Ronaldo specifically, just showing he can produce the numbers for France despite virtually everyone with similar numbers performing far better for their respective clubs, as well as just being way better players in general. The French are kind of stuck in the same boat as us in a way so I will be supporting my neighbors after Belgium goes out. Both our national teams are filled with immense talent, France more so than us obviously, but they don't perform anywhere near as well as they should when they're all on the same pitch together. We should be WC contenders, instead we're just kind of average with about 0% chance of even making it to the final, let alone win it.
France is significantly more successful than us in that regard but they also perform way below their talents. I'd be disappointed with anything less than making it to the final if I were French.

If it weren't for deschamps I would say Les Bleus were "the" favorite for the WC this summer but nah... Belgium would be one of my dark horse favs but Roberto man... :smh:

Well Chelsea snagged Emerson away from us. Beat the breaks out of Chelsea and they come for our players

Damn, they paid that for Moura? I wouldn't trade my $20 Chik Fil A & $100 Best Buy gift cards (I got from Christmas) for him let alone that kind of dough...

Disappointing signing. We should've dropped the bag for Malcom. I'd take Zaha over Moura. Leon Bailey from Leverkusen is looking like a rising youth talent as well

Ronaldo has been very meh for Portugal as of late dating back the Euros...

I never understood how people always add "Ronaldo won Euro 2016!!! GOAT!!!" to his achievements; the only explanation is man crush/unhealthy obsession. Rui Patricio is the hero of that tournament with his god like performances that allowed Eder to finally score for us. Ronaldo was busy missing penalties and tap ins during the early stages.

I like him as a player but it's very odd how non Portuguese always rate him a lot higher than people from his same country do. He has been criticized heavily for years for his national team performances and was even hearing "Messi! Messi!" chants when he was out eating at restaurants in Lisboa. Everyone knows who the REAL best player is, but Ronaldo continues to win Balon D'ors for scoring penalties and taking his shirt off during CL finals.

For Portugal, Eusebio, Figo, Deco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldo. I'd even rate Joao Moutinho over him as well; that dude is one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe.

I never understood how people always add "Ronaldo won Euro 2016!!! GOAT!!!" to his achievements; the only explanation is man crush/unhealthy obsession. Rui Patricio is the hero of that tournament with his god like performances that allowed Eder to finally score for us. Ronaldo was busy missing penalties and tap ins during the early stages.

I like him as a player but it's very odd how non Portuguese always rate him a lot higher than people from his same country do. He has criticized heavily for years for his national team performances and was even hearing "Messi! Messi!" chants out in Lisboa. Everyone knows who the REAL best player is, but Ronaldo continues to win Balon D'ors for scoring penalties and taking his shirt off during CL finals.

I'm well documented when it comes my enjoyment of watching Madrid & Ronnie play even though I'm a Barca stan but I don't get it either... Still remember his what 2 year goal drought several years back for Portugal (from the 08 Euro to '10 WC)...

I'm well documented when it comes my enjoyment of watching Madrid & Ronnie play even though I'm a Barca stan but I don't get it either... Still remember his what 2 year goal drought several years back for Portugal (from the 08 Euro to '10 WC)...

People in Portugal were HEATED at Ronaldo for YEARS because of how he would go off for Man United and Real Madrid but do absolutely nothing for the country. I personally wasn't mad since I'm not the type to get upset over sports, but I always treated Portugal Ronaldo and club Ronaldo as two separate people. I never expect anything from him since I know country Ronaldo is mediocre, unless it's in a qualifying match against Azerbaijan or some @#$@.

There was a long stretch of time when Bruno Alves, a damn defender, was outscoring Ronaldo (and all of our forwards for that matter :lol: )

Sane out for what could be an extended time (worst case scenario could be tow months) really sucks hes a really dynamic player.

At least Bernardo has been coming into form he's finally starting to find his footing the last few weeks. Hopefully Brahim Diaz will get more minutes cause the few minutes he's been on the pitch he's shown some promising flashes. I think he can seize the chance if given it.

Sucks about Sane... That defender should get a retroactive red & an extended ban... They were putting their boots on shins & feet all game. Alaves was doing that too.

I normally don't cheer for anything that hannibal does but when he put his boot in the chest or side of the Alaves defender on a set piece, I couldn't help but yell "F*** Yeah!!!"...

Come home Thiago. It's been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom