⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was def a handball but Barca aint getting that called on em this late in the game and at home. Alaves played a great game though. I think Valverde and Pep are tied now with the most games unbeaten?

iniesta plays a full 90 and shows out during coutinho's debut
he aint done yet :smokin

coutinho looked really good the first half.
we played beautifully but couldnt find a goal. poor final touch. then we went to sleep on defense.
players looked like they had one eye on thursdays cup tie vs valencia and/or tired from the epanyol match
glad we got busquets some rest though but we aren't the same without him.
suarez is fully back to being the top #9 in the world

a fair result would have been a tie
we def didn't deserve 3 pts

Last edited:
suarez is fully back to being the top #9 in the world
harrykane-shamiltanna-1_0.jpg

I agree that a tie would've been absolutely fair. We were lucky to come away with all 3-pts.

Sucks that handball had to happen. Definitely should've been called a penalty, but that's the way the game goes. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes it hurts you.

I hear you,dude must be getting fed up of the Griez talk :lol:. Hurrikane is getting to that tier though

Crazy to think of how good Barca could get with all their additions on top of players like Suarez and Iniesta being in great form :sick:

reports wont stop about us getting arthur. very happy with this signing.

but i just can't figure out where we would fit griezman in.
he's a talent you don't want to pass up but dembele isn't even back yet. and iniesta looks like he'll have another season or two after this one.
we still have to figure out how to fit coutinho in.

I hear you,dude must be getting fed up of the Griez talk :lol:. Hurrikane is getting to that tier though

Crazy to think of how good Barca could get with all their additions on top of players like Suarez and Iniesta being in great form :sick:
i'll be the first to admit i thought for the longest kane wouldn't be **** but im def wrong.
he needs to work on completing his game and he'll be ready for the bernabeau.

I respectfully disagree. It Chelsea finish the season 4th and win the league cup, I don't consider that a successful season. Finishing 4th and winning the champions league is a whole different story
6th in the league, and UCL winners in '12:pimp:

Wait when was giroud considered a good attacker?
He's a good attacking sub. Idk if I would consider him "good" at Arsenal but Giroud has done very well for France. Better than just good tbh. At Arsenal it seems like he's far more useful on the bench as a sub than as a starter though. If anything I'd say he's underrated.

Last edited:
Bye Ibra.. wish we got you earlier in your career, but appreciate the edge you brought back to United

It's still the cool thing to slander my man Giroud in this thread huh?

Subjectively his technique and positioning are sublime. A sexy, polished, poacher, of generations past.

He has limitations sure, his lack of mobility or extreme dynamism aren't suited for the modern game.

But objectively the numbers and analytics do not lie. One of 20 players in all of Europe last season to add > 3 to his Open Play Expected Goals from finishing quality.

Giroud is a very good poaching center forward.

He's a good attacking sub. Idk if I would consider him "good" at Arsenal but Giroud has done very well for France. Better than just good tbh. At Arsenal it seems like he's far more useful on the bench as a sub than as a starter though. If anything I'd say he's underrated.

Because of his limitations he probably is better as an attacking sub or a #2 like you said but don't let anyone tell you Giroud hasn't been a good center forward for Arsenal.

2 - 3 years ago he had scored more goals per $ cost than any other player in the EPL, doubt that changed prior to this current season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom