⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still the cool thing to slander my man Giroud in this thread huh?

Subjectively his technique and positioning are sublime. A sexy, polished, poacher, of generations past.

He has limitations sure, his lack of mobility or extreme dynamism aren't suited for the modern game.

But objectively the numbers and analytics do not lie. One of 20 players in all of Europe last season to add > 3 to his Open Play Expected Goals from finishing quality.

Giroud is a very good poaching center forward.

Because of his limitations he probably is better as an attacking sub or a #2 like you said but don't let anyone tell you Giroud hasn't been a good center forward for Arsenal.

2 - 3 years ago he had scored more goals per $ cost than any other player in the EPL, doubt that changed prior to this current season.

TALK TO EM FAM.

NearCourageousFowl-size_restricted.gif

RepentantIncredibleJay.gif

arsenal-gets-touchy-on-goal-against-norwich-city.gif

GIROUD HAVE IT ALL

WORLD CLASS >

I "seent" a stat not long ago about giroud who at the time had made 146 appearances for Arsenal & scored 62 goals but only 5 were game changing goals meaning most of his goals are scored when the game has already been decided. The post went on to say how little contribution he makes when a win is on the line & how he's often ghost for extremely large portions of time. Proof is in the pudding though because the Gunners now have Laca & look likes the deal for Aubameyang is about to be completed. Now if they can get a thumper in the pivot, they might have a lil somethin somethin...

Interesting bit of news for Los Blancos, the €400m deal with Spanish oil and gas company Cepsa for the naming rights (for redevelopment work) on the Bernabeu fell through so if Perez wants to go on a Galatico spending spree this summer, the club will have to sell players in order to fund the purchases.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...id-lose-351m-naming-rights-deal-Bernabeu.html

Last edited:

Goals are goals, B.

They all count the same.

It’s like having sex with an ugly chick. Yeah, she ugly but it’s still sex.

It's painful to see deschamps screw up Les Bleus... Painful I tell you... I remember this kid got a slightly used M3 back in the day & had no idea how to drive stick... Hearing him crunch & eff up the gears (& stall out) is like watching deschamps' manage this squad especially the way he chooses to use Pogba.

Last edited:
I despise Deschamps as manager :smh:

Les Bleus risk wasting their golden generations potential on that **** tactic merchant

In other silly news

How is scrubass Danny Ings still in Klopps plans but Sturridge has to leave for playing time?

Last edited:
Excited to have Laporte all those. Player that has a ton of experience from a great league and is still only 23. Really like the look of this new young core thats been built.

Would love Fred too but I doubt that deal gets done before the deadline, Maybe in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom