⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often does martial play on the right wing? If he can I see him playing there and Sanchez on the left. Maybe Vice Versa even

I'm still wondering where they gonna put Alexis in the starting XI?

Realistically he can play anywhere in attack but I kind of expect him to take Mata's place in the XI out right. He's had success on that side in the past especially during his final season at Barca

Tony's got the left flank locked down and Rom's up top. That leaves the 10 for Lingard,Mata and now Alexis or RW,RW seems more seamless.

Let's not forget how fluid Mou's frontline is and that players aren't really locked down in one spot.They usually drift inside or elsewhere over the course of a match so I'd expect Alexis to do the same as Mata has before,main difference is that he's faster and more clinical than him

giphy.gif

Mkhi's Europa contributions last season will always be appreciated,wouldn't have gotten CL footy without him. That scorpion kick too. I'm glad that he's at least getting another shot to prove his quality in England and most likely he'll be linking up with his BVB bro Obama soon so it's a much happier situation for him imo

So the Sanchez /Mikki deal ended up being a straight swap deal. Great deal for both clubs.

DiMarzio showed why he's the most trusted name in the game once again,he was the first one to break the news of United being interested in Alexis and then it being a swap deal for Mkhi after

Breaks my heart to see Alexis go. We never did enough to surround him with a competent squad that could truly compete. Despite his issues in the locker room, he was a great servant of the club and gave everything he had on the pitch. I Wish him nothing but the best of luck to him except when he plays us lol

If Mihki can be the player he was at BVB, then we got a potential WC player on our hands. This sounds crazy, but both players suit the mold of both coaches. Welcome Mihki and COYG!!

Last edited:
Breaks my heart to see Alexis go. We never did enough to surround him with a competent squad that could truly compete. Despite his issues in the locker room, he was a great servant of the club and gave everything he had on the pitch. I Wish him nothing but the best of luck to him except when he plays us lol

I'm glad a Gooner was able to say this. Sad to see Wenger take a dig at Alexis saying he went to United for money. Had he built a squad that could truly compete, Alexis would've stayed especially with being able to live in London.

Realistically he can play anywhere in attack but I kind of expect him to take Mata's place in the XI out right. He's had success on that side in the past especially during his final season at Barca

Tony's got the left flank locked down and Rom's up top. That leaves the 10 for Lingard,Mata and now Alexis or RW,RW seems more seamless.

Let's not forget how fluid Mou's frontline is and that players aren't really locked down in one spot.They usually drift inside or elsewhere over the course of a match so I'd expect Alexis to do the same as Mata has before,main difference is that he's faster and more clinical than him

i'm cool with him replacing Mata on the XI. Rash, Tone and Lingz need that PT

Salty Arsenal fans bitter farewell to Alexis :lol:

i just want to know how Arsenal fans see this as a fair deal. Is Mhki a player you guys actually wanted?? I would've sold Sanchez in the summer when City offered 60 and used that money to buy Aubu. Pretty sure they could've gotten mhki for cheap from United anyways

i just want to know how Arsenal fans see this as a fair deal. Is Mhki a player you guys actually wanted?? I would've sold Sanchez in the summer when City offered 60 and used that money to buy Aubu. Pretty sure they could've gotten mhki for cheap from United anyways
Player for player they are not equal. However if you considered we potentially swap Alexis and Walcott for Aubamayeng and Mkhitaryan, I'd say that's pretty equal.

Mkhi, in the context of adding him with Obama and possibly keeping Ozil because of it, makes this easier to stomach. We already had finds for Obama, without what would have been Alexis money.

I'll take an attack of Laca, Ozil, Mkhi and Obama over that of Laca, Ozil, unhappy Alexis and Walcott/Iwobi/Welbz.

We desperately need a true DM now.

Player for player they are not equal. However if you considered we potentially swap Alexis and Walcott for Aubamayeng and Mkhitaryan, I'd say that's pretty equal.
but you guys didn't do that. You guys sold Theo, did a horrible Alexis trade, and paid for Aubu For a manager that always complains about money and is cheap too spend, this was a horrible move. you guys could've sold Alexis in summer and use tha exact amount on Aubu. Or if you guys could've used that 60m for lemar. You guys know there is no way you guys will get him now

Bleek > Ox

Right there with you Ed :lol:,probably his best deal ever

Apparently Alexis is on the same wages as Ibra,300k a week. So much for those purported astronomical fees the media were wanking over all of last week :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom